Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 28 (90.3%)
Murray in 4 - 3 (9.7%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 3 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 4 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert  (Read 3299 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #30 on: January 19, 2014, 10:35 AM »

Bad timing for me, I leave for work at 6.30 am (5.30 am GMT), but I am confident Andy will win so I think I can cope with Live score updates, for this round.

Have no choice really 
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #31 on: January 19, 2014, 12:13 PM »

Once again Andy has drawn the short straw having to play 2 successive rounds on Hisense Arena, whereas His Royal Lowness is again on Rod Laver.

Hopefully, Andy will make short shrift of Robert and will be fresh for Wednesday no matter against whom. It will almost be certain that Andy's next match will be on Rod Laver Arena.

I just feel that the organisers do not have a clue as to schedule fairly. One only has to look at the shambles concerning the heat difficulties last week and their refusal to suspend adjust the matches in outside courts.   
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #32 on: January 19, 2014, 12:48 PM »

Once again Andy has drawn the short straw having to play 2 successive rounds on Hisense Arena, whereas His Royal Lowness is again on Rod Laver.

I think Andy only played Millot on RL? He played reasonably well that day so perhaps he will get a chance for a morning practice on RL just to familiarize himself with the differences to Hicense before a quarter if it was on RL?  He has to wait for the Schedule but if it were Federer then we all know it will be on RL! Considering Andy entered the AO without certainty of how he might perform he has done well and if(when) he reaches  the quarters he must feel pleased. If he dispatches Robert in straight sets I feel he has a better chance to make the semis whoever and wherever he plays.

If Tsonga makes the quarter rather than Federer do you all think they might be kept on Hicense? My view is that they might play three quarters on RL (Rafa, Novak & Andy) and put Ferrer/Berdych on Hicense.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #33 on: January 19, 2014, 01:21 PM »

If Tsonga makes the quarter rather than Federer do you all think they might be kept on Hicense? My view is that they might play three quarters on RL (Rafa, Novak & Andy) and put Ferrer/Berdych on Hicense.
That scenario is quite likely, but we dont know how these matters are decided. I imagine its not just decided by 'fairness' alone (taking turns between top guns) but other factors like crowd capacity will influence too. Hisense seats 11 000 and RLA 15 000.

Cross our fingers for Andy. pray
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #34 on: January 19, 2014, 01:29 PM »

That scenario is quite likely, but we dont know how these matters are decided. I imagine its not just decided by 'fairness' alone (taking turns between top guns) but other factors like crowd capacity will influence too. Hisense seats 11 000 and RLA 15 000.

Cross our fingers for Andy. pray

I think it is solely down to demand for particular players. Thousands want to see Fed and the top two so RLA is logical for those three players.

Who want to watch Berdych play Ferrer? Grunting at one end and approaching boredom from the other. That does not mean I think they are bad players just not as exciting to me and lots of others!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #35 on: January 19, 2014, 01:29 PM »

Quarterfinals are split over two days, and schedule shows all on RLA
http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/tournament.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #36 on: January 19, 2014, 01:30 PM »

but don't they play the qfs over two days?  so assuming he gets to it, it would be Andy vs smugfed or jo + I guess Rafa vs Birdy or Ferrer.   Not sure how it pans out with the women though.
Take the point about Andy not having sufficient match play on RLA but I'm sure he'll manage to practise on it and he's familiar with it so I don't see it as a mega problem really.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #37 on: January 19, 2014, 01:51 PM »

Once again who cares what court he's on? Pretty sure he played loads of matches on HA last year and he still made the Final.

Nadal vs Nishikori and Federer vs Tsonga are both bigger draws than Andy vs a Lucky Loser so it's no surprise they are on RLA.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #38 on: January 19, 2014, 02:10 PM »

Nadal vs Nishikori and Federer vs Tsonga are both bigger draws than Andy vs a Lucky Loser so it's no surprise they are on RLA.

I don't think anyone is surprised Andy's next match isn't on RLA, given the competition.  More that his last match was more worthy of RLA than some others.

There isn't a great deal of point worrying, but it is a discussion forum, and the whys, wherefores and benefits are bound to come up. Smile
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #39 on: January 19, 2014, 02:24 PM »

Exactly Eeyore -  in the end as long as Andy wins the matches, does it matter where. And great for the fans who didn't manage to get tickets for Laver last week or tomorrow.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #40 on: January 19, 2014, 04:38 PM »

Exactly Eeyore -  in the end as long as Andy wins the matches, does it matter where. And great for the fans who didn't manage to get tickets for Laver last week or tomorrow.
but annoying for the likes of Andy fans such as invisible who has a ticket for RLA tomorrow!
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #41 on: January 19, 2014, 04:40 PM »

All singles matches QFs onwards are played on RLA. No need to worry.  It's just a question of day or night.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #42 on: January 19, 2014, 04:46 PM »

but annoying for the likes of Andy fans such as invisible who has a ticket for RLA tomorrow!

I know. Canny please everyone - in 2012 and 2013 I had tickets for Wimbledon 4th round court 1. 2012 Andy was on 1 (for a set then it rained) 2013 he was on centre. Hope invisible has a great day anyway.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #43 on: January 19, 2014, 04:50 PM »

He gets to see Sloane Stephens kill Azarenka lol
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #44 on: January 19, 2014, 04:56 PM »

The betting odds are 1:66 for Murray and 16:1 for Roberts. The bookies are obviously expecting Mr M to win. I have faith in their ability to call it right.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »