Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 28 (90.3%)
Murray in 4 - 3 (9.7%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 3 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 4 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert  (Read 3301 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 05:23 AM »

And Gangsta, your polls are yawn Just no effort at all put in them lol
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 05:29 AM »

And Gangsta, your polls are yawn Just no effort at all put in them lol

What am I supposed to put? lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 06:15 AM »

Use your imagination! You're young and should have loads of thoughts buzzing round your head. Think
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 07:20 AM »

Robert is quoted as saying he takes a kind of shut my eyes and go all out and hope for the best attitude so there could be a high number of both winners and ues from him.

lmao  at shutting your eyes and hoping for the best.....Hope he doesn't drive...
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 07:30 AM »

well now I've read about how he practises inner calm perhaps that's what he's doing when he shuts his eyes!   
With luck I'll manage to watch the match before having to get a train down to London.   Doesn't surprise me that Fedal are on RLA today because they are both playing seeded players and the Fed-JWT match is surely the pick of tomorrow's matches.  Andy seems to be playing well on Hisense and provided he gets through we can be sure his next match will be on RLA whether it's Fed or JWT and so hope it will be jwt but I fear smugfed has found renewed confidence.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 07:39 AM »

Annoying it's on Hisense as expected but as the last match we might get a chance to see some of it on a screen outside after the day session on Rod Laver has finished. Doubt there's any possibility of getting into Hisense.

Glad to see Nadal though who I've not seen live although did get his autograph when he came to Auckland years ago (but didn't play that day). Saw Sharapova a couple of times last time I went to the AO and Stephens-Azarenka should be good.

Pretty gutted about Serena losing as I'd not seen her live before and neither has my partner and she is her favourite player. Still be some good matches though.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 07:41 AM »

ah that's a shame for you invisible but who knows you might manage to get into Hisense.  I think it was only to be expected given who Fedal are playing against.  And it won't bother Andy as he's played his best matches on Hisense so far and, assuming he gets through, it should be RLA after that.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 07:48 AM »

Yep we'll be at all the QF final sessions (day and night) so will see him if he gets through.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 07:55 AM »

oh that's good news invis - something would have to go badly wrong tomorrow for him not to get through but I never take anything for granted on the Murray rollercoaster!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 08:03 AM »

oh that's good news invis - something would have to go badly wrong tomorrow for him not to get through but I never take anything for granted on the Murray rollercoaster!

I did check who Roberts had faced - only one player in the top hundred, and then I though hang on what about Mr M....!!!

I would have been more worried about it if the match was earlier on, but Mr M's performance against Lopez has encouraged me. Murray beat him with much less trauma than in 2012. I would really have expected Lopez to think that if ever there was a chance of beating our man it would have been yesterday, so I would have expected him to go on court with a real belief that it might be his chance. Murray disillusioned him of that idea very quickly. 
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 09:10 AM »

I am hoping that Lendl has put pressure on Andy to get it completed in three sets! I see Berdych and Ferrer now play each other in the quarters. Have a feeling that Berdych might beat the Spaniard who dropped a set against Meyer. He lost a set today so chipping at confidence. Hence my comments about the game with Robert. Need an easy win playing well to prepare for his quarter final match?

He weathered Lopez well and showed himself (which is important) that he can get through the tougher matches not just beat the lowly ranked.

So delighted that Ana beat Serena. History that I cannot explain here but I had to express my pleasure in that result somewhere.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 09:36 AM »

ah that's a shame for you invisible but who knows you might manage to get into Hisense.  I think it was only to be expected given who Fedal are playing against.  And it won't bother Andy as he's played his best matches on Hisense so far and, assuming he gets through, it should be RLA after that.

It was inevitable, but I do think Andy should have been on RLA for his Lopez match, with Fed relegated to Hisense again.  The problem for the organisers is that everyone was melodramatic about him being moved there once, so to do it two times in a row would be seen as a mega-snub.

The problem for Andy is that while he's playing well enough on Hisense, he's not getting much practice on RLA.   If he does meet Fed there, it will take him a bit longer to get the hang of conditions.   If Jo wins, things will be a bit more even in that respect.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 10:17 AM »

What am I supposed to put? lol
Robert shuts his eyes and shanks a serve to knock Andy out cold?  ( or vice-versa  Very Happy )
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 10:24 AM »

Thanks Gangsta for opening the thread. A good introduction with history.

I'm sure Andy wont underestimate this low racked oponent, cmon yeah with his previous wins against top players he'll be out to take a set off Andy, at least. Nothing to loose!

Federer will probably beat Tsonga, is my guess.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 10:25 AM »

Must confess I like the timing, like the Soeda match I should be able to see most of it before going to work, missed the Millot night match by being at work, taped Lopez but watched it as if it was live (so hard knowing I was only a tap away from finding out the result).

Don't normally get too bothered by which court Andy gets (other than LA at US cos I know he doesn't like it) but think it a bit of a cheek he had 3 out of 4 on Hisense. I knew Rafa Monfils was going to be night match as on paper it coul have been a great match but would have but Andy Lopez close behind that in terms of entertainment value. On plus side at least the one match he's had on Laver was at night which I'd expect a qf against Fed or Tsonga to be so at least he'd be used to those conitions - although it was very humid that night, not likely to be so this week. But at end of the day just so nicce to see him on court , any court again an I'm sure he feels the same. Which is the main thing!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »