Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 28 (90.3%)
Murray in 4 - 3 (9.7%)
Murray in 5 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 3 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 4 - 0 (0%)
Robert in 5 - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert

(Read 4675 times)
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #195 on: January 20, 2014, 09:09 AM »

What a mug waists energy like that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #196 on: January 20, 2014, 09:19 AM »

At least he wasn't playing in 42C heat, so I don't think he would have lost too much energy.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #197 on: January 20, 2014, 09:20 AM »

What a mug waists energy like that.

He didn't waste much and I am still not convinced that going to a forth, following a tough 3rd, will prove to be a bad thing either physical or mentally in the long term. I personally think it might well have helped him. He knows he can manage 4 at the moment, and not crucify himself if he loses a set. For a man coming back from back surgery. QF in a tough tournament is actually quite impressive.,
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #198 on: January 20, 2014, 09:22 AM »

I agree Masaka, and I think Andy will be quite pleased that he's got to the QF.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #199 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33 AM »

Ok onto the QF. At least he knows can't afford to lose any concentration.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #200 on: January 20, 2014, 09:47 AM »

I don't think that 4th set will do Andy any harm in the long run. It could even sharpen him up.

I think his concentration just dipped in the third, completely understandable for a player, any player, who has hardly played since September. The 4th was a quick set, so if he recovers okay, who knows.

I don't know who Andy would be better off playing in the quarters. Andy can get into Federer's head, we've seen that often enough. Equally, Tsonga doesn't like playing Andy. If Andy dips though, either one would think they have a chance, but we all know how Andy can rise to an occasion. Even in this tournament, in the odd times he has been pushed he has regrouped really well and found his game again, and you have to admit, when he's good he's really good.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #201 on: January 20, 2014, 09:50 AM »

@Teejay

He is like the little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good, but when she was bad she was horrid.

When Murray is good he is very, very good, but when he is bad he is equally horrid...!!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #202 on: January 20, 2014, 09:57 AM »

@Teejay

He is like the little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good, but when she was bad she was horrid.

When Murray is good he is very, very good, but when he is bad he is equally horrid...!!!

Ah yes, but we can't expect him not to have the odd blip just now. I think smashing the racquet helped him today. I don't condone it, not really, but it got the frustration out of the way. Thereafter he picked his game back up.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #203 on: January 20, 2014, 10:01 AM »

You have to expect the odd setback. He's only human. As the cliche goes, it's not the disappointments that matter, it's how you respond to them. And he responded well in the 4th set.

On a separate note, how did a man with no discernible shots make the 4th round of the Aussie Open?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #204 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17 AM »

Had a great day at the tennis. Glad Sharapova lost in what was a good match. Second match wasn't great as it was so one sided but Nadal-Nishikori was great. Probably the most entertaining match I've seen live. Got out in time to see Murray's tiebreak then 4th set on the big screen. Looking forward to seeing him on Wednesday. Watching Federer-Tsonga on the big screen now.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #205 on: January 20, 2014, 06:12 PM »

Anyone got any thoughts on the line judges during Andy's match today? I couldn't believe the number of times the umpire overruled calls. I counted six at least.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #206 on: January 21, 2014, 02:49 AM »

To Masaka:  Yes I actually stayed up to watch the whole match.  It being Martin Luther King Jr. day today the markets were closed, so I got to sleep in this morning.  Most of the match I watched on Livestream, as Nadals match was on the TV.

I thought for a while that Andy was actually playing Ferrer, the guy just kept getting serves and returns back.  Andy played quite well I thought and I enjoyed seeing the smiles on Andy's face a few different times.

The most frustrating thing was not being able to get into Murraysworld.  I could get into all other websites, but not this one.  I tried on my phone and computer.  So I stopped trying and concentrated on the match, but when it went into the fourth set I just could not do it alone and tried one more time and finally was able to get in....  Did anyone else have a problem?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R4: Andy Murray vs Stephane Robert « Reply #207 on: January 21, 2014, 02:57 AM »

The most frustrating thing was not being able to get into Murraysworld.  I could get into all other websites, but not this one.  I tried on my phone and computer.  So I stopped trying and concentrated on the match, but when it went into the fourth set I just could not do it alone and tried one more time and finally was able to get in....  Did anyone else have a problem?
We all did Apollo because the server went down at about 4am GMT.  Mark should have got a notification alert, but he didn't, and so it was only when Boogers emailed him at 7am that he knew there was a problem, which he then sorted out and MW was up and running again by 7:20.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »