Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 19 (57.6%)
Murray in 4 - 11 (33.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lopez in 4 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 5 - 1 (3%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez  (Read 5610 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #15 on: January 16, 2014, 03:01 PM »

It wasn't so much mediocre as containing a bit of everything as it moved from the sublime to the ridiculously good.  Okay Andy did not play a match of perfection but there are reasons for that and now more than ever the negative people on here need to cut him a bit of slack after his long lay off.  He's the Wimbledon champion, double slam winner and Olympic Gold Medal holder - we all know he is capable of genius and capable of mundane that's what makes his the exciting player he is.  You live with the bizarre bits because you know the genius bits more than compensate.  The conditions have been insane so that has probably messed with his comeback and preparations slightly.  As long as he wins the last point it really doesn't matter.  This is a fan site and whilst some performances are disapointing you know there will be ones that quite literally take your breath away.  Take the rough with the smooth because we all know the journies on the Murraycoaster are rarely boring.  But I agree Andy has done everything in his power to increse his popularity the last place he would expect to get the level of negativity and sometimes borderline abuse is a fan site set up to follow him !!! 
Good posting!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 03:01 PM »

Yes, Murray hitting 30+ errors and going down 5-1 was sublime. I completely agree. Shake my hand. The comeback was amazing though, but overall the match was mediocre.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 03:06 PM »

Gangsta for the sake of World Peace and tranquility and to support my New Years resolution of trying to be a bit more chilled, couldn't you just edit the first line of your post to read After a typical Murray Coaster of a match during which Murray seemed out of sorts, Murray beat French Qualifer....  Or at least replace the word mediocre? - please:-)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #18 on: January 16, 2014, 03:08 PM »

I'm clearly keeping the faith and you don't have to keep telling me about the bloody back surgery, I follow tennis too y'know? Why should I have been sympathetic? Andy wasn't hurt or anything. I was being fair to Millot mostly.

I take it that you have had a private interview with Andy since the match as you know that he 'wasn't hurt'.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #19 on: January 16, 2014, 03:09 PM »

Andy wasn’t the only player to have a good 1st & 2nd set then have a wobble in the 3rd.

Grigor Dimitrov  6-3, 6-3, 7-6

Kei Nishikori  6-1, 6-1, 7-6

Roger Federer  6-2, 6-1, 7-6.

And that is just in Andy’s half of the draw.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #20 on: January 16, 2014, 03:09 PM »

I take it that you have had a private interview with Andy since the match as you know that he 'wasn't hurt'.

Did he look hurt? No. Did he play like he was hurt? No. Did he clutch his back all the time? No.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #21 on: January 16, 2014, 03:38 PM »

Andy wasn’t the only player to have a good 1st & 2nd set then have a wobble in the 3rd.

Grigor Dimitrov  6-3, 6-3, 7-6

Kei Nishikori  6-1, 6-1, 7-6

Roger Federer  6-2, 6-1, 7-6.

And that is just in Andy’s half of the draw.

This is what generally happens. Players do try to get a little more aggressive in the end. I'm quite happy with Andy's result.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #22 on: January 16, 2014, 03:51 PM »

but I'm truthful about matches. I don't sugarcoat it to stop me crying. Get used to it.

Yes, but your "truth" isn't mine, nor indeed universal.  The problem is, you seem to think it is.
That's why witnesses in court frequently give conflicting evidence.
He didn't have a  "mediocre" match. He didn't play his magical best  either. The "truth" is somewhere in between.
God help us all if he'd dared to lose a set.
 And this is why you shouldn't bring stuff from a previous match into a future one, we should be focusing on the next match, not arguing about the last one.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #23 on: January 16, 2014, 03:53 PM »

Yes, but your "truth" isn't mine, nor indeed universal.  The problem is, you seem to think it is.
That's why witnesses in court frequently give conflicting evidence.
He didn't have a  "mediocre" match. He didn't play his magical best  either. The "truth" is somewhere in between.
God help us all if he'd dared to lose a set.
 And this is why you shouldn't bring stuff from a previous match into a future one, we should be focusing on the next match, not arguing about the last one.

It is you arguing about the previous match, not me.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #24 on: January 16, 2014, 03:54 PM »

Andy is still scraping the rust off his tools, a long journey back from back surgery is tough for anyone, but Andy is doing well in my opinion.

Lopez will be a tough task, we gonna see what's going on with Andy here for certain.

I think Deliciano will take a set, which will please the legendary grand slam Mum Judmoo, but in the end the man from Dunblane will step up his game and scold the bald Spaniard in the next 3 sets.

Andy in 4.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 03:56 PM »

I think Andy will win in 3, though not comfortable. Andy rarely puts two bad matches together and Lopez hasn't played spectacular stuff. Perhaps two tight sets and one straightforward one.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 03:56 PM »

It is you arguing about the previous match, not me.

Oh wow! Classic stirring, then sitting back and going "What have I done?" Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 03:58 PM »

Oh wow! Classic stirring, then sitting back and going "What have I done?" Rolling Eyes

Well clearly I have not complained about the previous match, only referenced to it. If it's such a problem, why have you not mentioned it before? Why now? If you need a piece of evidence to fight your corner, you won't find it here.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 03:59 PM »

Andy is still scraping the rust off his tools, .......,

You have a way with words many of your comments make me smile and are spot on.  Whatever else you end up doing, you perhaps should be thinking about making sure it involves words.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 04:00 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yet more complaining on here about posters giving their opinions.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »