Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 19 (57.6%)
Murray in 4 - 11 (33.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lopez in 4 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 5 - 1 (3%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez

(Read 7187 times)
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 04:45 PM »

It wasn't so much mediocre as containing a bit of everything as it moved from the sublime to the ridiculously good.  Okay Andy did not play a match of perfection but there are reasons for that and now more than ever the negative people on here need to cut him a bit of slack after his long lay off.  He's the Wimbledon champion, double slam winner and Olympic Gold Medal holder - we all know he is capable of genius and capable of mundane that's what makes his the exciting player he is.  You live with the bizarre bits because you know the genius bits more than compensate.  The conditions have been insane so that has probably messed with his comeback and preparations slightly.  As long as he wins the last point it really doesn't matter.  This is a fan site and whilst some performances are disapointing you know there will be ones that quite literally take your breath away.  Take the rough with the smooth because we all know the journies on the Murraycoaster are rarely boring.  But I agree Andy has done everything in his power to increse his popularity the last place he would expect to get the level of negativity and sometimes borderline abuse is a fan site set up to follow him !!! 

clap
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 04:45 PM »

I've added something to the opening post, I know its bad, but if you want pictures. I can make one of those for each match going forward.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 04:53 PM »

I am just happy you spelt Australian right this time!  lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 05:01 PM »

thanks for changing the opening post gangsta
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 05:02 PM »

thanks for changing the opening post gangsta

Just noticed. Thank you also from me.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 05:05 PM »

I've added something to the opening post, I know its bad, but if you want pictures. I can make one of those for each match going forward.

Well that's better, thanks - though I was referring to pics within the H2H that Bev does so well!

As to the background info - we mostly know how Andy has got to the next round - so maybe a bit about his opponent - whether he's had an easy/difficult run perhaps?
E.g. 26th seed Feliciano Lopez had a 6-4 6-4 7-6 win v Devvarman (WR 97)in Rd 1, and today came through 6-4 7-6 6-4 v qualifier Michael Berrer (WR 144)
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 05:06 PM »

Well that's better, thanks - though I was referring to pics within the H2H that Bev does so well!

As to the background info - we mostly know how Andy has got to the next round - so maybe a bit about his opponent - whether he's had an easy/difficult run perhaps?
E.g. 26th seed Feliciano Lopez had a 6-4 6-4 7-6 win v Devvarman (WR 97)in Rd 1, and today came through 6-4 7-6 6-4 v qualifier Michael Berrer (WR 144)

I know you were, but its that instead of H2H in opening post until Bev can do it.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 05:09 PM »

I know you were, but its that instead of H2H in opening post until Bev can do it.

OK - and I like your pics too!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 06:22 PM »

I think if the Andy who played Soeda and finished off Millot comes out against Feli Lopez, it will be done and dusted quite quickly. If Andy takes his foot off the gas, which he appeared to do against Millot for a large part of the match, for reasons I'm not going to speculate about, it could go to four sets.

Personally I think Andy knows Feli's game, he's played him enough. He'll know not to take him lightly. I still have the scars from Feli playing Andy at the USO in 2012, but the point was that Andy got it done, even though Feli was playing out of his skin.

I think that third set against Millot will help Andy in the longer run. If he felt a twinge in his back, and he certainly appeared to, he'll probably know now that he can play through it and be okay. Psychologically I think that's no bad thing. I think he'll also know, assuming he needs to, that even after being out for a while the competitive juices can still flow and he can find his game again when he needs to.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Andy get better and better after today.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 06:39 PM »

what a way to start a thread on a fan site not least given the circumstances.  I do wonder what the casual visitor would think to read such a negative start to a match thread.  Perhaps you shouldn't be in such a hurry to start threads so you can get the negativity out of your system first.

They'd probably be thinking, "wasn't I just in a thread where people were having this conversation?" and be all confused why it's being repeated in here.   Personally, I left that particular thread because I'm a tennis fan, who likes to discuss tennis for fun, not a counsellor.   I realise some people can't help sharing their misery, but is it too much for people to keep their misery about today's match in the one thread?  There's plenty of time to get wound up about Saturday's match once it's under-way. doh

IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 06:47 PM »

They'd probably be thinking, "wasn't I just in a thread where people were having this conversation?" and be all confused why it's being repeated in here.   Personally, I left that particular thread because I'm a tennis fan, who likes to discuss tennis for fun, not a counsellor.   I realise some people can't help sharing their misery, but is it too much for people to keep their misery about today's match in the one thread?  There's plenty of time to get wound up about Saturday's match once it's under-way. doh

I did change it though. yes
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #56 on: January 16, 2014, 07:00 PM »

It wasn't so much mediocre as containing a bit of everything as it moved from the sublime to the ridiculously good.  Okay Andy did not play a match of perfection but there are reasons for that and now more than ever the negative people on here need to cut him a bit of slack after his long lay off.  He's the Wimbledon champion, double slam winner and Olympic Gold Medal holder - we all know he is capable of genius and capable of mundane that's what makes his the exciting player he is.  You live with the bizarre bits because you know the genius bits more than compensate.  The conditions have been insane so that has probably messed with his comeback and preparations slightly.  As long as he wins the last point it really doesn't matter.  This is a fan site and whilst some performances are disapointing you know there will be ones that quite literally take your breath away.  Take the rough with the smooth because we all know the journies on the Murraycoaster are rarely boring.  But I agree Andy has done everything in his power to increse his popularity the last place he would expect to get the level of negativity and sometimes borderline abuse is a fan site set up to follow him !!! 
I agree!!  Some people enjoy looking at the glass half full.  Plus GM is quite young and still has a lot to learn about being a fan.

Even the best players in the world have had loosey goosey moments on the court. It's the champions who get back on the track and win in spite of these moments.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #57 on: January 16, 2014, 07:06 PM »

I agree!!  Some people enjoy looking at the glass half full.  Plus GM is quite young and still has a lot to learn about being a fan.

Even the best players in the world have had loosey goosey moments on the court. It's the champions who get back on the track and win in spite of these moments.

Excuse me? I changed it will you all stop wittering on and get on with your lives. I have nothing more to learn, I'm unbiased, I'm realistic. I don't live and breath for Andy. I'm not a slave of his.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #58 on: January 16, 2014, 07:13 PM »

Gangsta - you have a whole lot more to learn - if you stop learning at your age you will have a very sad life.    I can also say I am unbiased and realistic but it means nothing until other people think I am.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #59 on: January 16, 2014, 09:26 PM »

Hi all from Melbourne Airport! Happy to wake up to last night's result. **** it's hot!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »