Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 19 (57.6%)
Murray in 4 - 11 (33.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lopez in 4 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 5 - 1 (3%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez

(Read 6921 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #615 on: January 18, 2014, 07:23 AM »

No way Andy was going to lose to Mamma-Judy's heart-throb.

Loving seeing Andy finally comfortable in his skin, and believing in his abilities.

Need to sleep now.. getting close to 02:30am for moi.  zz
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #616 on: January 18, 2014, 07:30 AM »

No way Andy was going to lose to Mamma-Judy's heart-throb.

Loving seeing Andy finally comfortable in his skin, and believing in his abilities.
And I love his back surgeon as well. Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #617 on: January 18, 2014, 07:31 AM »

Goodnight all.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #618 on: January 18, 2014, 07:33 AM »

Goodnight all.
Sweet dreams!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #619 on: January 18, 2014, 07:33 AM »

Yes, Ive noticed he's more comfortable and relaxed since he won his 1st slam and he's developing a better style with the media.  Smiling, joking etc.

Its no wonder though is it? No one can ask him "When will you win your first slam?

I think it's because in winning that first slam he made peace with himself. By wining Wimbledon he made peace with the Great British Public.

Now he has sorted his back out, so much of the pressure is off him.  He can relax and enjoy his tennis now. Constant pain is incredibly draining. I also wonder if the fact that nobody including himself, is really expecting him to win this year also means he can be a bit more laid back.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #620 on: January 18, 2014, 07:37 AM »

Well done Andy yay yay yay
Robert is very good though, don't expect it to be a  easy,  just because he's a qualifier.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #621 on: January 18, 2014, 07:39 AM »

Like this bit from the BBC report:-

It was all going to plan for the fourth seed, whose defensive skills looked back to their best, and the fact that he continued to berate himself after errors felt more like things getting back to normal than any sign of real distress.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #622 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45 AM »

^ thought that was a good sign too. Like cross Andy, don't like hang dog Andy!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #623 on: January 18, 2014, 08:03 AM »

IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #624 on: January 18, 2014, 08:12 AM »

Didn't see Andy signing any autographs.  That's unusual.
If it follows from the last 2 matches Andy goes to the exit puts his bags down and then goes and signs the balls etc.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #625 on: January 18, 2014, 08:23 AM »

Andy chest looks weird from this angle.
[ Last edit by rob92 January 18, 2014, 08:30 AM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #626 on: January 18, 2014, 08:44 AM »

My body clock woke me up for the tie-break. It was brilliant to see Andy playing so well when he needed to.

I have to admit I was a bit nervous about Lopez. I thought Andy would win, but I thought it could have been a tricky encounter. Andy clearly had other ideas.

I think the comms etc are being a bit silly about Andy's back. Andy was playing in pain for two years. He's just back from surgery, so he will be aware of anything he feels in the back. I don't believe him touching the back is a tic, it seems to me more like he is very aware. The fact that he can then move on and play brilliantly strikes me as the point.

Andy does seem relaxed. I loved the smiles in the interview today. Still, he's got two slams, an Olympic gold, he appears to be playing free from a lot of pain, and he's playing well. That's a lot to smile about.

I'm also glad Andy is still as demanding with himself as ever. If he gets down on himself it doesn't help, but expecting good things from himself is no bad thing.

Andy in the second week and looking great. You couldn't ask for more just now.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #627 on: January 18, 2014, 08:53 AM »

my body clock woke me up about 4.20 and heard on radio it had been delayed so got down to the tv just in time for the start.  Must admit to begin with was rather regretting it as Andy seemed to be playing with no power at all.  But once he dominated the tie break I started to breathe and enjoy the flashes of murray magic.  Just the kind of match he needed really.  I wonder if at the start he was slightly preoccupied by Ross/Colin and Jamie's losses as well as seeming to be below par physically for a while?   Enjoyed the post match interview - usual self-deprecating humour in his reference to Rafa.
Well as someone who wasn't sure he'd make the 2nd week post op I'm happy to eat my hat.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Futures Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #628 on: January 18, 2014, 09:08 AM »

I've been awake since about 4:15 - OH was up and awake as he has done something to his rib and needed to take his painkilers so as he was moving about it disturbed me anyway he said to me "you gonna get up and watch your tennis" <he knows me well lol> I got up.
I can only stream when its on Eurosport as I refuse to subscribe to several different sports channels just to watch the tennis - I get BT Sports (free, I have their broadband) so get the WTA tour (which helps, would rather they had the ATP tour lol so i could drool over Andy but hey cant have everything) and I cant/wont pay for Sky sports so I cant get Eurosports any other way.
The stream I had was Eurosports anyway but no comms - which was bliss, really was, just gotta ignore the fecking pop up ads that annoy me when they appear and I see half the action!
I'll put up with it when i need to
was gonna go back to bed, dont think there is any point now LOL
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #629 on: January 18, 2014, 09:31 AM »

I've been awake since about 4:15 - OH was up and awake as he has done something to his rib and needed to take his painkilers so as he was moving about it disturbed me anyway he said to me "you gonna get up and watch your tennis" <he knows me well lol> I got up.
I can only stream when its on Eurosport as I refuse to subscribe to several different sports channels just to watch the tennis - I get BT Sports (free, I have their broadband) so get the WTA tour (which helps, would rather they had the ATP tour lol so i could drool over Andy but hey cant have everything) and I cant/wont pay for Sky sports so I cant get Eurosports any other way.
The stream I had was Eurosports anyway but no comms - which was bliss, really was, just gotta ignore the fecking pop up ads that annoy me when they appear and I see half the action!
I'll put up with it when i need to
was gonna go back to bed, dont think there is any point now LOL

If you're on sky you can get eurosport for cheap, it's not part of the sky sports pack. it\s part of news and events pack I believe
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »