Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 19 (57.6%)
Murray in 4 - 11 (33.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lopez in 4 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 5 - 1 (3%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez

(Read 7110 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #630 on: January 18, 2014, 09:53 AM »

If you're on sky you can get eurosport for cheap, it's not part of the sky sports pack. it\s part of news and events pack I believe

I have got it as part of the Entertainment Extra+ package which seems to include all the HD channels as well.  I cancelled Sky Sports when he went off for his op. So far all the ATP stuff has been on Eurosport, so I haven't needed to resubscribe.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #631 on: January 18, 2014, 09:56 AM »

I cant afford that unfortunatly, I've got basic sky and the documentaries pack (i think it was) - cant afford to add any more - besides the comms on eurosport annoy me, stream with no comms was fine Very Happy
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #632 on: January 18, 2014, 11:09 AM »

2) How come Feli is wearing his sweat bands so high up his arms? I've never heard of sweaty elbows before. confused

I have been wonering that too - not a good look.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #633 on: January 18, 2014, 11:24 AM »

Great win - this sort of match against a seed should give him confidence going forward. He'd usually be expected to beat Lopez anyway, but the fact that he could still win in straight sets is a good sign.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #634 on: January 18, 2014, 11:32 AM »

Changed my mind about Robert's threat. Heard he is 33. Thought he was an "up and comer." Embarassed
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #635 on: January 18, 2014, 12:07 PM »

he's 33 and prefers clay to hard court His highest career ranking is 61 and currently its 119

Hope he is'nt a bolter and that Andy can cope with him cos I don't think they have met before
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #636 on: January 18, 2014, 01:15 PM »

Well done Andy yay yay yay
Robert is very good though, don't expect it to be a  easy,  just because he's a qualifier.
He's not even a qualifier - lucky loser!
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #637 on: January 18, 2014, 02:10 PM »

well done andy
 its never a sure thing that andy will win against robert  lets not count our chickens yet
take each match as it comes up .go for it andy
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #638 on: January 18, 2014, 03:21 PM »

If his serve is rocking, he is very hard to beat.

Did he face any BP's after he lost his serve in the 1st game?

IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #639 on: January 18, 2014, 03:29 PM »

If his serve is rocking, he is very hard to beat.

Did he face any BP's after he lost his serve in the 1st game?

Don't think so.     Andy has said he doesn't know what to expect when he steps on to the court and he is a bit tentative for the first few games until he starts to trust his back.     Understandable after playing with pain for so long and then the surgery.   Once he gets going he is playing beautiful tennis.     
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #640 on: January 18, 2014, 04:32 PM »

Catching up with everything - followed  livescores at the end of the 1st set, but then needed my sleep before work this morning. Had a quick look through this thread, and the rest of the match seems to have been fairly stress-free, except for the comms. I had the Reed/Brown combo the other day when they were wittering on about Andy's back the whole time. Then I found that Eurosport player also has a commentary free option - at £2.99 a month it has been very good value (£1.99 a month last year).

I didn't see any comment about Andy's shank serve though - that was unusual!

IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #641 on: January 18, 2014, 06:12 PM »

Virginia Wade and co are on Eurosport saying that he is fourth favourite to win. Also going on and on and on and on and on about his back and how he was obsessing about it in the match. All because he touched his shirt a couple of times. Why are they so hard on Andy? Surely there must be so much else they could be talking about about the technicalities of his game and how he manages to turn games around, his fitness regime, his next opponents etc etc.  He is Wimbledon champion and they still talk about him with a completely different level of respect to that paid to the revered Federer and Nadal, who by the way aren't even British. Virginia Wade has never liked Andy and can barely string a coherent sentence together. Rusedski does try and be a bit more technical but he is always very harsh on Andy as well. Jealous probably. There are so many experts on Murraysworld who could do that job far better than either of them and it would be so much more enjoyable to share his matches with real Andy supporters who appreciate the effort and sacrifice he puts in. BBC sport last night described Andy as "moaning" about the heat.  Can you imagine BBC ever using such a pejorative expression about Roger? Grrrrrr.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #642 on: January 18, 2014, 07:08 PM »

MT I thoroughly dislike La Wade but I have felt she has been much more positive about Andy this tournament than in the past.  She was cooing about his first match and was very understanding as to why his 2nd match didn't come up to the same level.  Also quite positive today I thought.  It's perhaps not surprising that they speculate about the back. I have to admit I had my doubts in the first few games as he didn't seem to have any power in his serve or shots and at the first changeover he slung his racquet down as if really fed up.  But I realise now that it takes time for his back to ease out in its post-op state and also just his body becoming accustomed to matches again.   That said the match comms were driving me wild too going on about it constantly. 
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #643 on: January 18, 2014, 07:33 PM »

MT I thoroughly dislike La Wade but I have felt she has been much more positive about Andy this tournament than in the past.  She was cooing about his first match and was very understanding as to why his 2nd match didn't come up to the same level.  Also quite positive today I thought.  It's perhaps not surprising that they speculate about the back. I have to admit I had my doubts in the first few games as he didn't seem to have any power in his serve or shots and at the first changeover he slung his racquet down as if really fed up.  But I realise now that it takes time for his back to ease out in its post-op state and also just his body becoming accustomed to matches again.   That said the match comms were driving me wild too going on about it constantly. 
Yes I expect that's right but what gets me is that ALL the players wince and complain as they play - it is a hard physical game - but every twitch of Andy is endlessly picked over.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #644 on: January 18, 2014, 07:58 PM »

Catching up with everything - followed  livescores at the end of the 1st set, but then needed my sleep before work this morning. Had a quick look through this thread, and the rest of the match seems to have been fairly stress-free, except for the comms. I had the Reed/Brown combo the other day when they were wittering on about Andy's back the whole time. Then I found that Eurosport player also has a commentary free option - at £2.99 a month it has been very good value (£1.99 a month last year).

I didn't see any comment about Andy's shank serve though - that was unusual!

even worse
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »