Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 19 (57.6%)
Murray in 4 - 11 (33.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lopez in 4 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 5 - 1 (3%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez

(Read 7166 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « on: January 16, 2014, 01:03 PM »

After an up and down win over French qualifier Vincent Millot, 6-2 6-2 7-5, in which he came back from 1-5 in the third set, winning the last 23 points in a row. Andy will face his first seed in Feliciano Lopez in the third round. The last time these two met was at the US Open in 2012 at exactly the same stage, in which Andy was pushed to four sets by Lopez, but finally prevailed in a long gruelling encounter.

* AM vs FL.jpg (383.43 KB, 900x600 - viewed 52 times.)
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray January 16, 2014, 04:47 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 01:12 PM »

^ OMG have we got another Boogers on here? Au contraire the last 5 games were very far from "mediocre."
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 01:13 PM »

^ OMG have we got another Boogers on here? Au contraire the last 5 games were very far from "mediocre."

Umm, did you think that was impressive?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 01:17 PM »

Would be worrying if Andy faced a seed before the third round!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 01:25 PM »

@gangsta
Last 5 games yes. Also would appreciate it if new threads about future matches were started in a less biased way. Perhaps you could start an entirely different one, instead of bringing stuff from the last match to the new one : "What a mediocre match" would do it , if u must.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 01:31 PM »

Millot hit 15 unforced errors in those five games.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #6 on: January 16, 2014, 01:37 PM »

what a way to start a thread on a fan site not least given the circumstances.  I do wonder what the casual visitor would think to read such a negative start to a match thread.  Perhaps you shouldn't be in such a hurry to start threads so you can get the negativity out of your system first.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 02:36 PM »

what a way to start a thread on a fan site not least given the circumstances.  I do wonder what the casual visitor would think to read such a negative start to a match thread.  Perhaps you shouldn't be in such a hurry to start threads so you can get the negativity out of your system first.
Totally agree with you Ruthie some people do it for the attention they will receive. They are to be pitied as they seem to watch matches with dark glasses. I prefer rose tinted ones...and I know that Andy will do well against Feliciano.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 02:41 PM »

what a way to start a thread on a fan site not least given the circumstances.  I do wonder what the casual visitor would think to read such a negative start to a match thread.  Perhaps you shouldn't be in such a hurry to start threads so you can get the negativity out of your system first.

What is so negative about the opening post? Do you want me to lie to casual viewers just to make you feel happy? I'm sorry, but I'm truthful about matches. I don't sugarcoat it to stop me crying. Get used to it.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #9 on: January 16, 2014, 02:52 PM »

What is so negative about the opening post? Do you want me to lie to casual viewers just to make you feel happy? I'm sorry, but I'm truthful about matches. I don't sugarcoat it to stop me crying. Get used to it.

I don't think it's that, I just disagree with you that it was a mediocre performance. He didn't look quite right, and for whatever reason he went walkabout in set 3. For a bloke still in the process of recovery from back surgery, and testing things out, I think he did well. The first two sets were fine, then he did that spectacular recovery in set 3. I think it was a combination of getting a bit bored and losing focus and a slight miscalculation in reigning things back to conserve energy. He still did it in 3, unlike Del Potro.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #10 on: January 16, 2014, 02:52 PM »

What is their H2H?
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #11 on: January 16, 2014, 02:53 PM »

So Murray played a heartstopping third set   so what GM  It's lucky that he's fit to compete so soon after his surgery  He needs our support not our negativity
 When you have a little more  understanding  of life's ups and downs you'll be more sympathetic It's not a case of being truthful
 After all GM's have a habit of surprising us all Fancy Delpo being defeated in R2
  Keep the faith Look on the bright side
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 02:54 PM »

What is their H2H?
7-0 to Andy
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 02:55 PM »

So Murray played a heartstopping third set   so what GM  It's lucky that he's fit to compete so soon after his surgery  He needs our support not our negativity
 When you have a little more  understanding  of life's ups and downs you'll be more sympathetic It's not a case of being truthful
 After all GM's have a habit of surprising us all Fancy Delpo being defeated in R2
  Keep the faith Look on the bright side

I'm clearly keeping the faith and you don't have to keep telling me about the bloody back surgery, I follow tennis too y'know? Why should I have been sympathetic? Andy wasn't hurt or anything. I was being fair to Millot mostly.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 02:57 PM »

It wasn't so much mediocre as containing a bit of everything as it moved from the sublime to the ridiculously good.  Okay Andy did not play a match of perfection but there are reasons for that and now more than ever the negative people on here need to cut him a bit of slack after his long lay off.  He's the Wimbledon champion, double slam winner and Olympic Gold Medal holder - we all know he is capable of genius and capable of mundane that's what makes his the exciting player he is.  You live with the bizarre bits because you know the genius bits more than compensate.  The conditions have been insane so that has probably messed with his comeback and preparations slightly.  As long as he wins the last point it really doesn't matter.  This is a fan site and whilst some performances are disapointing you know there will be ones that quite literally take your breath away.  Take the rough with the smooth because we all know the journies on the Murraycoaster are rarely boring.  But I agree Andy has done everything in his power to increse his popularity the last place he would expect to get the level of negativity and sometimes borderline abuse is a fan site set up to follow him !!! 
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »