Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3 - 19 (57.6%)
Murray in 4 - 11 (33.3%)
Murray in 5 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 3 - 0 (0%)
Lopez in 4 - 1 (3%)
Lopez in 5 - 1 (3%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] Go Down Reply
Author

Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez

(Read 7419 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #675 on: January 19, 2014, 08:12 PM »

The other thing that drove me mad is how they kept going on about Andy not smiling during the match.  Could they tell me how often Rafa smiles during a match however well he's doing?  He has a look of grim determination on his face.   They're not there to please the crowd with smiles but with their tennis and more importantly to win.
I've never understood why comms say that about Andy.  I've never seen any player smiling on court except on the rare occasion when something amusing happens.  Even Andy can smile then, although you won't find N, D & F doing it - in fact I find the look of intensity on these three players faces, especially Djokovic's, quite scary.  Andy looks almost benign by comparison, except when he gets angry with himself or his opponent needles him.

Always remember Agassi writing in his autobiography that the reason tennis players talk to themselves on court [and Andy is hardly alone in this] is that it's damn lonely out there.e
I can totally relate to that. Whistle  I talk to myself all the time at home because I'm on my own so much, although unfortunately I sometimes do the same outside, albeit more quietly.  However I understand that it's nothing to worry about so long as you know you're doing it: it's when you aren't aware of doing it that it becomes a concern!

It does annoy me though when the comms pick up on Andy muttering a few swear words, when I'm darn sure other players are doing the same in their own language.  I remember Andy saying that, because he understands Spanish, once when played Verdasco that his language was absolutely foul.
[ Last edit by Aileen January 19, 2014, 08:15 PM ] IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #676 on: January 19, 2014, 08:34 PM »

Totally agree Aileen. I wonder if it is because Andy was preceded by Tim who showed the reserve of a true Englishman and Greg who has big teeth (sorry but he does) and as a result looks like he is always smiling when he is probably just exhaling. 
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #677 on: January 19, 2014, 08:35 PM »

I talk to myself all the time at home because I'm on my own so much, although unfortunately I sometimes do the same outside, albeit more quietly.  However I understand that it's nothing to worry about so long as you know you're doing it: it's when you aren't aware of doing it that it becomes a concern!

If your not aware of it ,how can you be concerned?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Australian Open 2014 R3: Andy Murray vs Feliciano Lopez « Reply #678 on: January 19, 2014, 08:40 PM »

^ Now that's an interesting though Robbie ... but I think what I was really trying to say is that it becomes a concern to people who know you.

Totally agree Aileen. I wonder if it is because Andy was preceded by Tim who showed the reserve of a true Englishman and Greg who has big teeth (sorry but he does) and as a result looks like he is always smiling when he is probably just exhaling. 
I agree about the teeth MT.  In fact Greg used to annoy me a bit because he did often look like he was smiling.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 [46] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »