Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Raonic will be a difficult opponent, so predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3
Undecided

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic  (Read 7491 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « on: April 26, 2012, 05:20 PM »

FRIDAY 26 APRIL - 12:30 pm LOCAL TIME, SO 11:30 am BST

Finally - the "match that never was" in Miami between these two players who are now facing each other for the first time.

Raonic's powerful and accurate serves can do his opponents a lot of damage, and it'll be interesting to see how Andy deals with these.  Also it means that the onus will be on Andy to hold his own service games if he's to overcome this rising young Canadian super-star who's a pretty cool-headed customer, not lacking in self-confidence and ambition, and who today took out No.5 seed and experienced clay-courter Nicolas Almagro in two fairly easy sets.

I now leave it to one of  the usual duo to post the relevant stats. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 05:30 PM »

Delicious match. I don't think I'll be able to watch it though. That's when I get ready to go to work. This schedule is very ill designed. Could have started an hour later but no.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:05 PM »

EJ.. live coverage is on SN1 tomorrow if you subscrribe and can record it.
Can't wait! yay
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 06:10 PM »

I haven't been able to watch any of Andy's matches this week Frown   please Andy at least make it to the final.. 
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 06:21 PM »

I can't watch it, but knowing how good Andy is at returning serve and how he can move his opponent all over the court, I believe Andy will win this match.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 06:37 PM »

Can't watch it either and too much to record on sky as I'm out all day and don't have space for 7.5 hours recording.
Do hope that Andy can put the young pretender in his place and show him who is the boss.  If Andy's return game is on song and he can serve as well as today (without the dfs) I think he should be ok. I've not watched Raonic very much but I know he has modelled his game on Sampras' and as I've said before I think Sampras had a deadening impact on the game.  We don't want another Sampras type player coming up to dominate the game.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 06:49 PM »

Loooking forward to this one as a neutral, one of the best returners in the world against one of the best servers!

Milos even on clay has the game to hit through the top guys he took Roger to 3 sets in IW on a slow hard but I feel like Murray's exceptional movement will expose Raonics movement, hes a great athelete but movement and speed will never be his mian strength given his height.

Murray in 3!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 07:13 PM »

I haven't been able to watch any of Andy's matches this week Frown   please Andy at least make it to the final.. 
Me neither. Something called WORK getting in the way. Best I can do is check the score on the mobile.

Andy'll have his hands full tomorrow.  nervous
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #8 on: April 26, 2012, 07:14 PM »

Yes I think Andy's movement and return and serve will be the key difference between them tomorrow. Milos could make things very difficult though if he has a high first serve percentage and  backs that up with a big forehand after the serve - I think he will struggle in long rallies though.

For Andy he'll just have to stay patient throughout the match and take his opportunities on Milos's serve when they come. And serve well himself.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #9 on: April 26, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Yes I think Andy's movement and return and serve will be the key difference between them tomorrow. Milos could make things very difficult though if he has a high first serve percentage and  backs that up with a big forehand after the serve - I think he will struggle in long rallies though.

For Andy he'll just have to stay patient throughout the match and take his opportunities on Milos's serve when they come. And serve well himself.
He'll win the long rallies. I see a  ery respectable 1st serve % for Raonic, 65 % today he (only) made 7 aces though, compared with his normally double figures. However he was never in trouble so didn have to pull the trigger.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #10 on: April 26, 2012, 07:57 PM »

He'll win the long rallies. I see a  ery respectable 1st serve % for Raonic, 65 % today he (only) made 7 aces though, compared with his normally double figures. However he was never in trouble so didn have to pull the trigger.

I meant that Milos could struggle in the long rallies. Smile Especially if Andy can play with variety, changing up the pace and moving Milos about a lot. Should be an interesting match to watch though - one of the best servers against one of the best returners, good contrast of styles.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #11 on: April 26, 2012, 09:12 PM »

EJ.. live coverage is on SN1 tomorrow if you subscrribe and can record it.
Can't wait! yay

I have SN1…that's not the problem. My work starts at 8:30am and I leave at 7am to get to work and the match is being playing exactly around that time. Are you taping? I don't have PVR. Maybe I can get a copy from you but only if Andy wins and it's a great match. I’ve got my standards!

On a second thought, I could leave a couple of hours later but I don’t think I will find any parking by the time I arrive to station. Crappy stupid schedules. 
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 10:40 PM »

^ Who cares about parking when Andy will finally meet up with Meelosh??!
I'll sign your sickie-note for you... Wink
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 11:57 PM »

Looking forward to this! yay
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59 PM »

Looking forward to this! yay
Thought you were gone?.. or are you abusing your friend's internet connection? Wink
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »