Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Raonic will be a difficult opponent, so predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3
Undecided

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 37 Go Down Reply
Author

Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic

(Read 9074 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #15 on: April 27, 2012, 12:14 AM »

I have SN1…that's not the problem. My work starts at 8:30am and I leave at 7am to get to work and the match is being playing exactly around that time. Are you taping? I don't have PVR. Maybe I can get a copy from you but only if Andy wins and it's a great match. I’ve got my standards!

On a second thought, I could leave a couple of hours later but I don’t think I will find any parking by the time I arrive to station. Crappy stupid schedules.  

I agree about the scheduling, but from Andy's point of view.  Once again he's playing his match in the hottest part of the day and at a time when spectators are a little thin on the ground.

I also agree that Andy's best tactic would be to move Raonic around the court as much as possible.  He's a heavily-built lad who could do with losing a bit of weight I think. I'm expecting some long rallies and will not be surprised if Raonic tries to push Andy well behind the baseline - unfortunately one of his favourite spots Rolling Eyes  Also Raonic has nothing to lose and will probably go for everything.  It's going to be an interesting and challenging match, with no room for mental wanderings, but in the end of the day I reckon Andy's experience, defensive skills and great athleticism will see him through.  Andy in three for me.
[ Last edit by Aileen April 27, 2012, 12:20 AM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #16 on: April 27, 2012, 12:16 AM »

How well does Raonic move on the dirt?

Hope it's akin to this.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 12:21 AM »

lmao  Although I shouldn't really laugh - poor Raonic did after all suffer a fairly serious hip injury at Wimbledon after a fall.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 12:34 AM »

* Milos.png (127.13 KB, 668x500 - viewed 207 times.)
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 12:47 AM »

Lordy!  Too cruel Sir P.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #20 on: April 27, 2012, 12:54 AM »

^ Who cares about parking when Andy will finally meet up with Meelosh??!
I'll sign your sickie-note for you... Wink

I was sickie just last Friday so can't do that again though in my defense, I was really sick.

I think I'll watch it on my mini laptop but it's just that I don't get as good a reception in the train and it takes me about 25/30 minutes to get to downtown and that would account to at least half a set. But after I am there, I can just head into a coffee shop, have breakfast and watch rest of the match. Sounds like a plan. I am gutted though that I won’t be able to watch it on TV. Frown

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58 AM »

Not much consolation, I know, but if Andy makes the SF/final surely you'll manage to watch those?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 01:00 AM »

Thought you were gone?.. or are you abusing your friend's internet connection? Wink

Abusing the internet connection lol they also took me food shopping since I'm doing them the 'favor' of looking after the cats and house. So I have a free house, free food (they took me shopping) and free internet. Not a bad deal really Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 01:00 AM »

Hope it's akin to this.

That's hilarious! Though I don't think it would be this bad. lol but if Andy moves him around a bit too much, then injuries are not totally out of the question. I know there were holes but I also thought Benneteau was just trying a bit much at times in that match, which eventually caused him expected injuries – remember that he also encountered wrist injury in the same match. Anyway, I think Raonic should be careful and shouldn't go for too much. Play smart if possible.

This is a very interesting surface for both no doubt and an equally interesting matchup might as well add.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 01:05 AM »

Not much consolation, I know, but if Andy makes the SF/final surely you'll manage to watch those?

Yes, but not live on TV. I just checked. SN1 has decided to show the semi at 2pm our time (predictable, isn't it?) on Saturday, so obviously that would be a taped match. I'll take it though as long as Andy wins but this match was one of my dream matches - Andy/Milos, you know. Its like Sampras vs Murray though Pete moved like a jungle cat while Raonic, well, just look at Sir Panda's clip. lolol. Sorry Scot! just some harmless fun, really. :p
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 01:06 AM »

Abusing the internet connection lol they also took me food shopping since I'm doing them the 'favor' of looking after the cats and house. So I have a free house, free food (they took me shopping) and free internet. Not a bad deal really Smile
Sounds like you don't come cheap honey... atta girl... lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 01:18 AM »

I'd like to get to know your friends ...
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 01:35 AM »

I now leave it to one of  the usual duo to post the relevant stats. Smile

That will be me then Very Happy

Right, thought I'd try something a bit different and show their playing activity from when they should have played last - Miami Very Happy

* Murray playing activity.JPG (112.55 KB, 665x868 - viewed 83 times.)

* Raonic playing activity.JPG (99.89 KB, 669x749 - viewed 170 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 01:40 AM »

thumb up  thumb up
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 01:41 AM »

Thanks Bev... but seriously... haters gonna hate that pic of my Meelosh. I might have to post some better ones.. Not talking
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »