Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Raonic will be a difficult opponent, so predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Raonic in 2
Raonic in 3
Undecided

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic  (Read 7565 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #510 on: April 30, 2012, 01:57 PM »

SB most of us here believe that Andy will win a GS and don't agree with anything you have written, but you are free to say what you think even if you are wrong!!! It really amazes me the things that are written.....Strange that those who have recently interviewed Andy have all said how intelligent he is. If we went back 2 years I think you would have been saying the same thing about Djokovic.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #511 on: April 30, 2012, 03:31 PM »

I really hope Andy does not drop in here on a regular basis to read some of these posts, cos he would be suicidal and ready to hang up his rackets at the fact that people have him as thick, inconsistent, lacking in confidence and self-belief, way behind Rafa, Djokivic and Frauderer, unable to deal with big hitting young guns, never going to win a slam and should just give
up now !!!!!

Hang on a minute, we are speaking about the consistently fourth best player in the world with 22 titles to his name, a millionaire, ridiculously talented, can do things with a tennis racket that most of the tour can only dream of.  Has the talent and ability to win a slam it’s just a pity that the media feel the need to dissect every particle of his game, write him off and bash him up.  He has to live his life under a microscope with his every move and decision being analysed, every interview he gives is analysed and some quotes are taken out of so much context it defies belief.

I started supporting Andy when he was a lanky 17 year old but you could just tell he had a supreme talent and an attitude that he could achieve.  I believe he will do it, but hey whatever, I will still support him to the end because he is an amazing player, exciting and different.  But you know what if he doesn’t get a GS sure I will be devastated for him because he so deserves it.  In the meantime, the disappointments that come along just make the achievements all the more special. 

Come on Muzza some of still believe and are right behind you, you can do this and I firmly believe you will.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #512 on: April 30, 2012, 03:42 PM »

I really hope Andy does not drop in here on a regular basis to read some of these posts, cos he would be suicidal and ready to hang up his rackets at the fact that people have him as thick, inconsistent, lacking in confidence and self-belief, way behind Rafa, Djokivic and Frauderer, unable to deal with big hitting young guns, never going to win a slam and should just give
up now !!!!!

Hang on a minute, we are speaking about the consistently fourth best player in the world with 22 titles to his name, a millionaire, ridiculously talented, can do things with a tennis racket that most of the tour can only dream of.  Has the talent and ability to win a slam it’s just a pity that the media feel the need to dissect every particle of his game, write him off and bash him up.  He has to live his life under a microscope with his every move and decision being analysed, every interview he gives is analysed and some quotes are taken out of so much context it defies belief.

I started supporting Andy when he was a lanky 17 year old but you could just tell he had a supreme talent and an attitude that he could achieve.  I believe he will do it, but hey whatever, I will still support him to the end because he is an amazing player, exciting and different.  But you know what if he doesn’t get a GS sure I will be devastated for him because he so deserves it.  In the meantime, the disappointments that come along just make the achievements all the more special.  

Come on Muzza some of still believe and are right behind you, you can do this and I firmly believe you will.
Good posting! yes Thank God most of us think like you M.M.    hug
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #513 on: April 30, 2012, 04:15 PM »

Great post MM.  I'm with you.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #514 on: April 30, 2012, 04:35 PM »

SB most of us here believe that Andy will win a GS and don't agree with anything you have written, but you are free to say what you think even if you are wrong!!! It really amazes me the things that are written.....Strange that those who have recently interviewed Andy have all said how intelligent he is. If we went back 2 years I think you would have been saying the same thing about Djokovic.
Yep quite so Michelle .
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #515 on: April 30, 2012, 04:41 PM »

Sometimes I feel like MW is like MTF   shocking  I beilive that Andy will win a slam.  yay cmon yeah He is talented, Intelligent,  brilliant and funny.  He is by far the most hardworker guy on the tour!!   and if anyone who thinks else wise they really need to look take a look at themselves.  Lots of other top 10 players wish to win a GS  heck every tennis player wants to win one.  Deep down they know that they wont win one  because of the top 4 and other potential players.  Just be thankful  that Andy is one of the  contenders to win a  GS each year.!!  the GS slam debate continues.  The day will  come when Andy wins a slam  and I'll  will be looking down upon  the pessimists  and the haters  and I'll be like  "I told you so  take that!  " Very Happy  Also fellow Andy fans    I'm ashamed of my negative posts on here after he lost this match with Raonic.    doh   I'm usually generally positive  I was just having one of those off days  Rolling Eyes  ANYWAY  CMON ANDY MOOOORAY !! Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #516 on: April 30, 2012, 05:07 PM »

^ Don't worry john, I know you are a huge fan of Andy.  Passions are running high.  It's understandable.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #517 on: April 30, 2012, 05:24 PM »

I don't think people get how tough it is to go through these top players and win a Slam. Even Federer, who's still playing significantly well, finding it hard to win a Slam and it’s been that way since the start of 2010. And anyone who does not belong in the top 4 bracket probably doesn't even fancy winning a Slam even in their wildest dream. Even Nadal wasn't able to win anything other than some clay tournaments just last year and it's still the same this year. You can no longer say for sure that he’s going to win RG this year as well. I hope you consider all the elements that are attached to GSs and how hard it is to beat two of the four top players in order to get 1 Slam before you write someone off as unintelligent. In fact, that would be a very unintelligent thing to do.

Anyway, going back to my history reference – what I meant is that, history will tell you time and again that a player who was tagged to win a Slam and was in the major finals multiple times ended up winning a Slam – sometimes multiple times and it didn’t matter at what age. So this is far more fact based opinion than those who have nothing more to say than, “well, he’s just not good enough”. That’s easy, really and not at all thoughtful. And far from fact based.

Agassi, for example, turned pro in 1986 and was in 3 major finals before winning Wimbledon in 1992.  And the time he played from late 80s to early 90s was the time regarded as one of the toughest eras in history. Until then, until he finally won his first Slam, he was regularly beaten by the players who were better than him, but that didn’t stop him and he then went on to win 7 more Slams even at age 33. In fact, most of his Slams came during/after 1999. He won only 3 Slams from 1986 to 1995. All this history is there for a reason.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean April 30, 2012, 05:27 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #518 on: April 30, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Out of interest, what the's most amount of Slam finals a player has made without ever actually winning a Slam?

History suggests that Andy's time will come, eventually.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #519 on: April 30, 2012, 05:53 PM »

Just out of interest.. how many people here actually watched the whole match?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #520 on: April 30, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Out of interest, what the's most amount of Slam finals a player has made without ever actually winning a Slam?

History suggests that Andy's time will come, eventually.

If there was any then I am sure we would have heard it a few hundred times already, but there's none as far as I know. I am not looking beyond the Open era though. So basically anyone who has made the final at least twice is bound to win one at career end.  In fact, if you look back, you will see there are many 1 Slam wonders than the other way around. So in fact, it is easy to win a Slam especially who's been knocking on the door for quite some time than not to.

I get that all this frustration is coming from the fact that Tim Henman never won a Slam. Didn't even make a major fina. Now you can actually look back at him and say, "well, he simply wasn’t good enough" and you will be dead right too.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #521 on: April 30, 2012, 07:03 PM »

I concur with MM,Scotnadian,deb,Michelle Andy is a great talent and most of us would agree about that. For those who have written him off I can only say you are going to miss a great tennis player. I watched the whole match against Raonic as I have previously he dropped his serve once in the first set and lost it again in the second set but won it back. He was beaten in the tie break. I do not see this as a disaster as it happens Raonic then lost to Ferrer who has played him 4 times and can now read Raonic's serve. Just remember Andy regularly beats Ferrer so what is all this nonsense about ? It takes Andy time to get going and he must be more aggressive I agree about that. His movement on clay is not so good but he will learn. So do not give up on Andy he is too good to give up on.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #522 on: April 30, 2012, 07:19 PM »

I concur with MM,Scotnadian,deb,Michelle Andy is a great talent and most of us would agree about that. For those who have written him off I can only say you are going to miss a great tennis player. I watched the whole match against Raonic as I have previously he dropped his serve once in the first set and lost it again in the second set but won it back. He was beaten in the tie break. I do not see this as a disaster as it happens Raonic then lost to Ferrer who has played him 4 times and can now read Raonic's serve. Just remember Andy regularly beats Ferrer so what is all this nonsense about ? It takes Andy time to get going and he must be more aggressive I agree about that. His movement on clay is not so good but he will learn. So do not give up on Andy he is too good to give up on.
. Quite so L.B,  clap
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #523 on: April 30, 2012, 07:20 PM »

quote author=scotnadian link=topic=21399.msg726158#msg726158 date=1335804805]
[/quote] Me the whole thing as always.  nervous
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona QF: Murray vs Raonic « Reply #524 on: May 01, 2012, 01:10 AM »

It could be Murray simply isn't very intelligent.
You aren't rob h in disguise are you?  That moron who claimed that Andy suffered from Asperger's Syndrome?

Brad Gilbert described Andy as a tennis genius.  Sir David Frost (not a man who's easily impressed) in his introduction to the transcript of his interview with him on Al Jazeera published by the Daily Mail, said "When friends learned that I was about to interview Andy Murray, several of them predicted that I would find him shy and uncommunicative.  Fortunately, that particular myth about Murray turned out to be nonsense. Off the court, he was friendly and approachable, not to mention engaging, humorous and thoughtful."  These certainly aren't the attributes of somebody who is lacking in intelligence.

quote author=scotnadian link=topic=21399.msg726158#msg726158 date=1335804805]
 Me the whole thing as always.  nervous
Me too, and I'm still convinced Andy had a good chance of beating Raonic had the match gone to a decider because he was definitely getting his measure by the 2nd set. Losing that tie-break was a huge blow to him, and the grim expression on his face when he came off court said it all.
[ Last edit by Aileen May 01, 2012, 01:15 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »