Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky

(Read 5208 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #165 on: April 24, 2012, 03:34 PM »

yes
Moves like Jagger.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #166 on: April 24, 2012, 03:35 PM »

Andy might be winning but his 1st Serve is still rubbish at 48%!!

50%

Doesn't matter though, if he's winning Very Happy
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #167 on: April 24, 2012, 03:36 PM »

T'other guy was rubbish.  Solid from Andy - useful court time
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #168 on: April 24, 2012, 03:36 PM »

Good news.  Thanks for the links hb and tmh but decided against downloading as this is an institutional pc and wasn't sure what it would do to it.  So thanks for the commentary everyone.  Has Chela fallen by wayside then as thought he was likely R3 opponent? And will it be played tomorrow or thurs? If latter I might actually manage to see it, depending on what time it's on.

Chela withdrew I think Ruthie.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #169 on: April 24, 2012, 03:36 PM »

Sounds like you should be eating your appendages Boogers after that shocking prediction yesterday.  Whistle

Oh thanks for that Bev.  I've not been able to follow what's been happening up till now.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #170 on: April 24, 2012, 03:38 PM »

Good news.  Thanks for the links hb and tmh but decided against downloading as this is an institutional pc and wasn't sure what it would do to it.  So thanks for the commentary everyone.  Has Chela fallen by wayside then as thought he was likely R3 opponent? And will it be played tomorrow or thurs? If latter I might actually manage to see it, depending on what time it's on.
You didn't have to download anything (I don't think unsure), just a few annoying pop-ups that you have to close down to get to the stream behind it.

But by Thursday we'll have coverage on Sky so hopefully no need for more streams.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #171 on: April 24, 2012, 03:40 PM »

I think you should be writing the report not me Smile
lol

Should set up a live commentary section and I could do that. Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #172 on: April 24, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Well that looked pretty good - what I saw of it. yay

Thanks to the Spanish tv for the livestream, commentary drove me nuts like.
You mut have go the same livestream I found.  Couldn't get commentary anyway as it's an internet cafe computer.  Don't know how I managed to miss the fact that Andy was playing today!!  fool
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #173 on: April 24, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Not sure what to make of this match.  Didn't see anything particularly special... and didn't see any lessons learned re. baseline. Someone posted something the other day about some comments he made about the baseline after his match with Berdych, which seemed odd when I read it.  I'll try to find it.
Andy just looks uncomfortable to me on clay, but this is a win, and good practise for him. Whenever I watch him play a lesser player, I think "yeah.. but Rafa/Nole wouldn't let you away with that one."
I wish I could go back to just watching and being blissfully unaware of angles/shot selection/baseline.  Dammit!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #174 on: April 24, 2012, 03:41 PM »

Wow, thats the way I like to see Andy's matches go!!  6-3, 6-2 50% 1st Serve, 85% 1st serve Points won, 59% second serve points won, 100% breakpoints won, 3 Aces, 3 DF.

Congrats now on to the next round.

Yeahhhhhh   yay yay
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #175 on: April 24, 2012, 03:42 PM »

Well that looked pretty good - what I saw of it. yay

You mut have go the same livestream I found.  Couldn't get commentary anyway as it's an internet cafe computer.  Don't know how I managed to miss the fact that Andy was playing today!!  fool

You didn't miss anything with the commentary off - like 2 old women jabbering on! Very Happy  Didn't stop for breath!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #176 on: April 24, 2012, 03:43 PM »

Andy played well enough to win. That is what matters. I hope he plays better next time a win is a win.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #177 on: April 24, 2012, 03:45 PM »

Not like you to not know Andy's not playing - stream good on LS but spanish commentary gets on your nerves a bit.
Was having major computer problems, so that might be one reason why, but still ... doh
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #178 on: April 24, 2012, 03:46 PM »

Chela withdrew I think Ruthie.

Yes, there were quite a lot of withdrawals - Belluci, Berdych, Chela, Stepanek...
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Barcelona R2: Murray v Stakhovsky « Reply #179 on: April 24, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Not sure what to make of this match.  Didn't see anything particularly special... and didn't see any lessons learned re. baseline. Someone posted something the other day about some comments he made about the baseline after his match with Berdych, which seemed odd when I read it.  I'll try to find it.
Andy just looks uncomfortable to me on clay, but this is a win, and good practise for him. Whenever I watch him play a lesser player, I think "yeah.. but Rafa/Nole wouldn't let you away with that one."
I wish I could go back to just watching and being blissfully unaware of angles/shot selection/baseline.  Dammit!

It was a bit breezy, and Andy doesn't like the wind.  1st competitive match on this court.  He might feel comfortable next time he plays.  Don't think it will be Wednesday in the singles, possibly doubles though.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »