Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BBC Documentry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Documentry

(Read 12948 times)
2xtreme
Junior

BBC Documentry « on: March 16, 2013, 09:50 PM »

Anybody know much about the BBC documentary which is getting filmed in this present moment in time. Its about him on & off the court featuring himself, kim etc. Aired just before Wimbledon this year.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 10:26 PM »

nope, didnt even know there was going to be one going to watch it thanks for telling about it
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 12:50 AM »

started filming in miami
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 01:08 AM »

Then to feature in an ITV 2 series 'Keeping up with the Murrays '
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:09 AM »

never heard of that
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 02:14 AM »

http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/tv-and-radio/andy-murray-to-star-in-bbc-documentary-1-2823548

ANDY Murray is to be the subject of a major BBC documentary to be aired just before Wimbledon.

The tennis star has allowed the cameras to follow him around as he prepares to become the first British player to win the title for 77 years.

As well as following his progress on court, the film is expected to provide an insight into his private life and how he relaxes away from tennis.

A BBC crew joined Murray during his recent training stint in Miami, Florida, where he owns an apartment and lives for part of the year.

His girlfriend Kim Sears was also present for the behind-the-scenes shoot and brought the couple’s beloved terrier dogs Maggie and Rusty to the city for the first time.

The world No 3 has been undergoing a tough training regime under the watchful eye of coach Ivan Lendl, as he prepares for the rest of the tennis season. US Open champion Murray, 25, confirmed details of the programme on his official website yesterday.

He said: “The BBC were also out with us in Miami doing some filming for a documentary that’s coming out just before Wimbledon, which is pretty exciting, but more about that nearer the time.”

The Scot told how he has also been using his time in Miami to relax by going to watch basketball games and ice hockey.

He said: “It was good being back in Miami after a short break at home in the UK. In between training sessions I managed to sneak in a few Miami Heat games, it’s great to see them doing so well.”
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Very Happy
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Should be "Keepie Uppie with the Murrays"
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 06:24 PM »

I expect we'll find out more about the documentary closer to when it airs-if they were filming in Miami,I'd imagine it's probably not even finished being made yet.

I hate that we have to wait such a while yet for it-it sounds like it's going to be really good!I'm really looking forward to it-I know there's been a few "specials" on Andy,but I think this one has the potential to be especially interesting because this time he's actually allowed the cameras to follow him,and given them access to him.
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 08:18 PM »

any more news on this documentry?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #10 on: May 27, 2013, 07:51 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/4943495/Alex-Ferguson-in-Andy-Murray-BBC-documentary.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 10:45 PM »

oh it sounds like Agassi will be talking about Andy in the documentary   yay
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 10:26 AM »

yay Can't wait for this, exciting or what!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 06:56 PM »

More info on the documentary!We finally have a date   yay Sounds like they've been filming it even since Andy's been recovering.I'm so looking forward to this!

Andy Murray: The Man Behind The Racquet

Andy Murray, US Open and Olympic champion, allows the BBC into his inner sanctum to witness what it takes on and off the court to compete as a global sports star.

With contributions from girlfriend Kim Sears, mum Judy, brother Jamie, coach Ivan Lendl, rivals Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer, tennis greats Andre Agassi and John McEnroe, and famous fans such as Sir Alex Ferguson, Anna Wintour and James Corden.

This is Andy as you’ve never seen him before; from an open-top bus in home town Dunblane to pilates in Miami, from ice baths in Monte Carlo to injury rehabilitation in Surrey with Kim and his dogs. With fashion shoots, charity and media work along the way, we get a glimpse into the life of a private man - a shy Scot who won a nation’s heart with his raw emotion at Wimbledon, and then their eternal admiration by winning the US Open to become Britain’s first male Grand Slam Champion in 76 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2013/25/andy-murray-the-man-behind-the-racquet.html
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 07:11 PM »

Dani, you absolute star!!!!! So excited for this.... The GQ article and the one in Red magazine have been so positive, I feel this insight into his life too will win Andy many supporters and rightly so..... *EXCITED*
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »