Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BBC Documentry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Documentry

(Read 12256 times)
2xtreme
Junior

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #30 on: June 10, 2013, 01:17 PM »

for some reason the date for the documentry has changed

Wimbledon 2013: BBC ups digital coverage as Navratilova joins

Wimbledon 2013 will be the BBC's biggest ever on digital with a record 10 live streams available on computer, tablet, mobile and connected TV.
There will be comprehensive coverage and analysis not only on television, radio and computer, but also tablet, mobile and connected TV.
BBC One, BBC One HD, BBC Two and BBC Two HD will have more live coverage.
New faces include nine-time champion Martina Navratilova on TV and 2001 champion Goran Ivanisevic on radio.
Programming on BBC television will start at 11:30 BST during the first week, apart from Wednesday, 26 June when coverage will start on BBC One and BBC One HD 30 minutes earlier.
The day will culminate with Today at Wimbledon as John Inverdale dissects the action.
On the BBC Sport website, in addition to the 10 live streams giving access to alternative courts, there will also be live text commentaries, news, videos, highlights and a regular column and Q&A with British number one Andy Murray.
In addition the BBC has gained unique access to the US Open and Olympic champion to produce a special BBC Sport documentary; Andy Murray: The man behind the racquet.
It will be shown on BBC One and BBC One HD on Sunday, 23 June at 22:25 BST.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 01:43 PM »

Bugger....now we have to wait longer Frown thanks for letting us know though.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #32 on: June 10, 2013, 01:48 PM »

Thanks from me as well!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #33 on: June 10, 2013, 04:59 PM »

Nooo!How disappointing,I've really been looking forward to the 18th.Booo Frown

Oh well,thanks for the heads up!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #34 on: June 10, 2013, 07:27 PM »

Good job you said I would have missed it I had it put down for the earlier date. Thanks a lot.
IP Logged
Moozza

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #35 on: June 10, 2013, 09:52 PM »

The eve of Wimbledon. Should get everyone in the mood.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #36 on: June 10, 2013, 09:54 PM »

A Sunday night will be more prime viewing time - suggests they're pleased with it and want to give it a bigger splash
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #37 on: June 11, 2013, 08:35 AM »

A Sunday night will be more prime viewing time - suggests they're pleased with it and want to give it a bigger splash
  yes
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #38 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Thanks for that, I had it down for the 18th, glad I check this thread again, but could idea to be on the night before Wimbledon, that will get all our juices going!  Little tongue man
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #39 on: June 11, 2013, 12:06 PM »

Thanks for that, I had it down for the 18th, glad I check this thread again, but could idea to be on the night before Wimbledon, that will get all our juices going!  Little tongue man

Ya saucy devil Chris lol  Whistle
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #40 on: June 11, 2013, 12:35 PM »

I'm really not liking the tone of this article....

Andy Murray documentary maker admits tennis star's life is 'ordinary' | Metro News - http://metro.co.uk/2013/06/11/andy-murray-documentary-maker-admits-tennis-stars-life-is-just-ordinary-3836003/

As Adam Ant once asked: ‘Don’t drink, don’t smoke, what do you do?’ Not much else, it seems, if you are Andy Murray.

A clean image is great for his sponsors but it poses a big problem for the director of a fly-on-the-wall documentary given a year of exclusive access to the 26-year-old Scot.

Anyone hoping for John McEnroe-esque histrionics will be sorely disappointed. In fact, director Jo McCusker admits the super-disciplined Murray may offer little excitement for viewers.

She stopped short of confessing her forthcoming BBC1 documentary could have all the appeal of watching tramline paint dry.

But the most startling insight into Murray’s secret life appears to be that he enjoys tucking into sweets while sitting in an ice bath.

Oh, and he also struggles to consume his daily quota of 6,000 calories, despite a fondness for takeaway sushi.

Ms McCusker told the Radio Times: ‘You don’t see anything flash because he doesn’t do anything flash.

‘He doesn’t drink, doesn’t smoke, doesn’t go out. And it all comes back to one word, mentioned by everyone we spoke to: ordinary.’

Andy Murray: The Man Behind The Racquet, will be shown on BBC1 later this month.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #41 on: June 11, 2013, 02:25 PM »

The world doesn't know the difference between 'ordinary"   and decent. can you imagine what they would do to him if he behaved badly.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #42 on: June 11, 2013, 02:39 PM »

^^Sounds like the sort of person who would be the first to jump down his throat if he did anything like party, drink or smoke yet complains bitterly about him being 'boring' for being professional. He can't win.
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #43 on: June 12, 2013, 02:42 PM »

trailer is out!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22852251
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #44 on: June 12, 2013, 03:15 PM »

Can someone please upload this to youtube?It won't play for me! Very Sad