Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BBC Documentry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Documentry

(Read 11098 times)
colin
Satellite Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #165 on: June 24, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Dani, my sister, being in Ireland like yourself, can't use the iplayer either. It drives her mad.

Someone more technie than me might know more about it than I do, but isn't there something you can download that kids the iplayer etc into thinking your ip is from the UK? That's what Dani's issue is, the iplayer is picking up that her ip isn't British and it's blocking her.

I watched the documentary again this morning while having my breakfast. It was just as good the second time around.

I don't know whether this will work but try setting your browser to "new incognito window" in Google Chrome, private browsing in Safari or similar in any other browser you have.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #166 on: June 24, 2013, 01:57 PM »

Thanks for posting the video, Elena and Prod. Gonna watch it tonight. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #167 on: June 24, 2013, 02:11 PM »

This is working for me
Thanks. I've put it on the home page.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #168 on: June 24, 2013, 06:38 PM »

Andy is geting into a habit of giving us top class Sunday tv viewing. Don't need any Sunday coming as I'll be in London for a wee tennis event in SW19  - so if he could resume this habit the following Sunday ....

Thought the documentary was ahem ace! So moving but funny and insightful as well.Just a totally decent, hard working, thoughtful guy with his feet planted firmly on the ground and a firm grasp of the true priorities in life. He deserves every success and happiness. And was very impressed by Sue Barker esp when discussing Dunblane, not pushing, being willing to let the question drop - even thinking about Andy answering that makes me well up. Loved the dogs - they are a great support act.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #169 on: June 24, 2013, 08:22 PM »

This lovely documentary showed the Andy many of us on MW already knew . It has taken so long for everyone else to realise just how special he is partly because of the BBC . How many times have we seen and heard bitchy remarks about Andy from the BBC Fed worshippers over the last few years as he has battled away to get to world number 2? The BBC have always had the power to make his life a lot easier and quite deliberately on many occasions chose not to do so fanning the horribly anti-Scottish (we just can't warm to him) sentiment of SW1. His father said on the documentary that Andy did not feel loved at Wimbledon and the BBC were a huge part of that. I suspect they found it difficult to understand how someone could be as brilliant at the sport as Andy and yet not be a drunken, arrogant , prat like many English (and Scottish) stars of cricket and football. We should all be so proud of him.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #170 on: June 24, 2013, 08:55 PM »

Because I'm not in the UK,presumably Shrug

It just comes up as "this media is not available in your territory" Frown
my computer says the same thing.....in the US

loved the golf cart race, Kim was fun to listen to.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #171 on: June 24, 2013, 10:10 PM »

Wow, I just watched this, and I sent it to my friend who is a Tennis Journalist here in the States.  It is awesome, I think the tennis channel should air it as well.  In fact I may send the youtube to them.....thanks for posting it on the home page.
IP Logged
Kavanaugh
Satellite Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #172 on: June 24, 2013, 10:23 PM »

Just finished watching the youtube, thanks guys so much for sharing!  I didn't want it to end - like many of you he had me in tears a couple of times too.  How anybody could dislike him after watching that I do NOT know.  Just want to hug him myself!  Such a lovely guy.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #173 on: June 25, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Just caught up with this, BBc congrats on this wonderful doc on Andy, it was perfect and showed Andy for what he really is - an absolute gem of a guy!! Judy and Kim cane across fantastically well also, you just get the feeling Andy is so well-rounded because of the people in his life supporting him.

Right Andy let's go get that wimbledon title!! cmonandy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #174 on: June 25, 2013, 11:55 PM »

The funny thing is that I've just sat and watched the documentary again and still loved it. My sister phoned from Ireland this morning and due to having one sky box set for the UK, she saw part of the documentary. She was impressed by how Andy came across. We were laughing together about Andy Ireland having to use the ice bath!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #175 on: June 27, 2013, 09:37 PM »

I just got time to watch this incredible documentary now.

He is so natural. So geniune compared to lots of other posers and egoistic people. I dont know him personally, but I sure wish I did, it must be a great priviledge to be associated with him.

I felt most emotional when he choked up trying to talk about the Dunblane tradgedy. That goes really deep. He has given back pride to the town and Judy says what a fantastic place it is for families to bring up kids.

Seeing Andy interact with his dogs I can relate to his love animals. Kind and caring. Maggie and Rusty love him too- also very apparent.

Bless you Andy. You are one in a 100 000 000 000 000, truly you are.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #176 on: August 11, 2013, 09:38 PM »

Anyone know where I can watch the BBC documentary ?? Can't seem to find it on YouTube. :/
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #177 on: August 11, 2013, 11:02 PM »

Anyone know where I can watch the BBC documentary ?? Can't seem to find it on YouTube. :/

They took them all off youtube, i expect the only way to watch it now would be to purchase the dvd
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #178 on: August 11, 2013, 11:14 PM »

They took them all off youtube, i expect the only way to watch it now would be to purchase the dvd

Thanks, E-bay it is!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BBC Documentry « Reply #179 on: August 12, 2013, 09:23 AM »

finally watched it - pre Wimbledon version - last week.  Loved it needless to say and loved the way his friends talked about Andy as well as how he came across himself. One thing that struck me, that I'd not seen mentioned anywhere, was Ferguson saying he gets more emotionally involved in Andy's matches than he did in his own team's.  Don't feel quite so stupid getting so emotionally involved now!  Still got the post-Wimbledon version to watch.   yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »