Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BBC Sports Personality of the Year 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Sports Personality of the Year

(Read 7589 times)
Josh
Seed

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #135 on: December 11, 2005, 10:40 PM »

To be harsh though, Andy hasn't actually won anything this year and is still nowhere near the top of the game.  Gerrard has led his team to victory in Europe and McCarthur sailed round the world on her own.  It was tough competition.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #136 on: December 11, 2005, 10:47 PM »

and flintoff won the ashes thus appealing to half of england and then got drunk celebrating appealing to anyone else
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #137 on: December 11, 2005, 10:50 PM »

One of my daughter's is most upset that Andy didn't even get into the top 3! no  As she said "voting has just not gone my way this week, first celebrity, second x-factor and third sports personality!  The general public and me have nothing in common"!.  dontknow

Congratulations to 'Freddie' Flintoff.   =D>

There's plenty of time for Andy to win it in the future.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #138 on: December 11, 2005, 11:00 PM »

Congrats to andy on getting into the top six - fantastic achievement - but i agree the top three were impossible to beat - although its hard to try and set levels of whos achieved what Smile
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #139 on: December 11, 2005, 11:05 PM »

everyone in the top6 had won a major title or something except andy so even that in itself is impressive that ppl rank him as highly as that

flintoff,vaughan = ashes
gerrard = chmpns lge
macarthur = round the world solo
hatton = reunification of world titles
murray = third round of wimbledon and queens, various challenger titles, final of thai open, lost davis cup qualifying tie, reached 64 in the world
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #140 on: December 12, 2005, 01:28 AM »

MurraysWorld's audio rip of the programme is now up: http://www.murraysworld.com/media/audio/murray-personality-12-12-05.mp3

- Includes the boxing with Khan (not on BBC video)
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #141 on: December 12, 2005, 09:22 AM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
everyone in the top6 had won a major title or something except andy so even that in itself is impressive that ppl rank him as highly as that

flintoff,vaughan = ashes
gerrard = chmpns lge
murray = third round of wimbledon and queens, various challenger titles, final of thai open, lost davis cup qualifying tie, reached 64 in the world

Also won Aberdeen Cup don't forget! lol

Although Andy didn't win anything big, he made a massive achievement by going from 400 ranking to 64 in one year which someone hasn't done in years and he worked really had for it.  Which is also what someone else did in that top six (i.e. Ashes won for the first time in years).  So Andy should have got some recognition for it.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #142 on: December 12, 2005, 09:36 AM »

fab rip mark - cheers mdears Very Happy
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #143 on: December 12, 2005, 09:37 AM »

just woke up from last nights awards. oh. my. dear god. fair enough to freddy and ellen deserved 2nd and 3rd but STEVEN GERRARD?!!!!?!!! what the hell is going on there?!?! theres something up with that surely....

anyway didnt andy look happy? that was good to see.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #144 on: December 12, 2005, 09:40 AM »

He led his team to victory after not the best of seasons - he has a huge fanbase.
He showed passion and commitment to his team and surpassed all expectations. (not of course that Andy didn't)

I agree with the way the vote went for this year at least Smile
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #145 on: December 12, 2005, 09:44 AM »

still...steven gerrard?!

and just read back some of the comments earlier. he looked very dapper didnt he? and SHOES!! wow! Smile have to say andy did look quite nice yesterday.
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #146 on: December 12, 2005, 12:18 PM »

Quote from: "alc.aka.amyc"
Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"

flintoff,vaughan = ashes
gerrard = chmpns lge

Also won Aberdeen Cup don't forget! lol

Although Andy didn't win anything big, he made a massive achievement by going from 400 ranking to 64 in one year which someone hasn't done in years and he worked really had for it.  Which is also what someone else did in that top six (i.e. Ashes won for the first time in years).  So Andy should have got some recognition for it.

i would agree that andy achieved a huge amount but still dont think it really beats what the others achieved.the sports personality award is for those who are achieving things recognized as making them absolutely outstanding compared to anyone in their field not just improving remarkably well and doing well at a young age.the fact that andy even made the shortlist is really recognition enough as i said before.that in itself really shows how much he has captured peoples imagination
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #147 on: December 12, 2005, 02:22 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
fab rip mark - cheers mdears Very Happy

hug
IP Logged
Tennis Lover
Junior

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #148 on: December 12, 2005, 04:26 PM »

hey guys....just wondering.i thought it last night when i was watching the awards and it has just been confirmed when watching the inetrview back on the bbc.the boy sitting next 2 judy murray is not jamie murray. i spotted him a couple of times and he was with andy.if u watch the bbc interview again you'll c what i mean.was at aberdeen cup and spoke 2 jamie many times and that is definitely not him. mayb its 1 of andys friends hoos been staying with him or sumthin.judy murray aparently tries 2 organise for his old friends 2 come and c him.....an interesting puzzler i think!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

BBC Sports Personality of the Year « Reply #149 on: December 12, 2005, 04:28 PM »

Or it could just be some random sports person - they seem to try and mix it up a bit in the audience Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »