Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27 Go Down Reply
Author

BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013

(Read 13355 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #150 on: March 04, 2013, 09:11 PM »

Ahh,according to twitter Andy just finished a practice session (which was crammed with spectators) and got a big round of applause from the crowd after spending 10 minutes after practice signing every last autograph.He's so sweet!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #151 on: March 04, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Andy practising with Gasquet earlier, thanks to @BenRothenberg

http://www.mobli.com/media/show/id/28648514
Thanks for posting.  I'm glad he's found a decent player to practise with because most of the big boys probably won't turn up until midweek.

Ahh,according to twitter Andy just finished a practice session (which was crammed with spectators) and got a big round of applause from the crowd after spending 10 minutes after practice signing every last autograph.He's so sweet!
All these lucky people ... <big sigh>   (I think we need to get an emoticon for this)
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #152 on: March 04, 2013, 10:18 PM »

Beyond The Baselineā€@SI_BTBaseline

Andy Murray gets a big round of applause from the crowd after spending 10 minutes after practice signing every last autograph. #BNPPO13
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #153 on: March 04, 2013, 10:32 PM »

I've posted these in the pics thread already,but I thought I'd re-post them here because it's so lovely to see Andy looking so relaxed and happy Smile

Andy signing autographs for fans after practice (including one for one guy who requested Andy sign the shirt he was wearing Very Happy )

IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #154 on: March 04, 2013, 10:52 PM »

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2013/03/10/Corona-Slice-4-March-2013.aspx

Player To Watch: Andy Murray
The third-ranked Murray returns to action for the first time since falling in the Australian Open final to Novak Djokovic. The Scot began the season by retaining the trophy at the Brisbane International (d. Dimitrov). He followed it up by reaching his third final at Melbourne Park, posting his first Grand Slam match win over Roger Federer in the semi-finals. In Indian Wells, Murray will look to avoid the upset bug after crashing out in his opening-round match on his past two appearances (l. to Young in 2011 and Garcia-Lopez in 2012).

How To Watch
Follow action in Indian Wells beginning 9 March.
Watch Live Powered By TennisTV | TV Schedule

IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #155 on: March 05, 2013, 03:31 AM »

Hopefully he gets Rafa in the quarters.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #156 on: March 05, 2013, 04:19 AM »

You are speaking in terms of 2011. A lot has happened since then. The future may hold something different and will hold something different. Nadal will have a hard time dealing with Andy on hard courts for one. Andy was a set up against Nadal at Wimbledon in 2011. You can't say he's isn't closing in on Nadal on that surface either. So who holds whom in whose pocket at this point is irrelevant. This is a new year with new possibilities given the twists and turns in the past. And Andy is no Ferrer. Not that though I believe you are trying to undermine this H2H, but 11-5 and 2 all on hard court Majors is nothing to sneeze at.

I agree. Djokovic for example was 7-16 against Rafa before 2011 came along (0-5 in Majors) and look what happened, he beat Rafa 7 times in a row. I'm definitely not underestimating Nadal, but he doesn't have Andy's number. On a good day Andy is definitely capable of winning these matches and I'd even go as far as saying that the outcome of their hc matches depends a lot more on Andy's form than anything else.
[ Last edit by silver lining March 05, 2013, 04:25 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #157 on: March 05, 2013, 04:22 AM »

Hopefully he gets Rafa in the quarters.
I just hope Andy gets that far himself.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #158 on: March 05, 2013, 08:49 AM »

I just hope Andy gets that far himself.
That's my starting point too! Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #159 on: March 05, 2013, 01:40 PM »

Just a thought, but when does the draw come out for Indian Wells? I'm keen, can you tell? Whistle.

I still feel very much that if Andy gets through his first match all right he could go well at Indian Wells. I'm preparing for the possibility of the first match going to three sets, because Andy hasn't played for a bit, but you never know. He could equally come out raring to get going again and hit the ground running. I'd prefer that option, but either way, as long as he gets through, it will be fine lol.

I'm not going to think about the quarter finals until Andy gets there. As optimistic as I am for Andy's chances, I'm going to watch each round as it comes. That said, it would be interesting to see Andy play Rafa again. It's amazing to think they haven't met on court since 2011, and good to remember that Andy won the last one. Well, to be fair, after dropping the first set, to say Andy won is a bit of an understatment.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #160 on: March 05, 2013, 03:15 PM »

Just a thought, but when does the draw come out for Indian Wells? I'm keen, can you tell? Whistle

At 11 pm GMT. Smile
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #161 on: March 05, 2013, 03:22 PM »

At 11 pm GMT. Smile

Thanks
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #162 on: March 05, 2013, 03:30 PM »

Besides, why would he need to convince some random people that he is capable of beating Nadal?

He doesn't ...never said he did.. Im merely pointing out that a fit Nadal appears to be Murrays biggest obstacle... which not only his record strongly indicates...but the major matches Ive watched between them have shown that too.
Yes Andy was a different player in previous meets.... but we wont be able to gauge just how different...until he comes up against a fit Nadal at a major.
He got both the Fed and Djoko monkeys off his back...but Nadal may well prove to be tougher....we'll see....I hope Andy does that in the French...that would certainly turn the tables.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #163 on: March 05, 2013, 03:39 PM »

He doesn't ...never said he did.. Im merely pointing out that a fit Nadal appears to be Murrays biggest obstacle... which not only his record strongly indicates...but the major matches Ive watched between them have shown that too.
Yes Andy was a different player in previous meets.... but we wont be able to gauge just how different...until he comes up against a fit Nadal at a major.
He got both the Fed and Djoko monkeys off his back...but Nadal may well prove to be tougher....we'll see....I hope Andy does that in the French...that would certainly turn the tables.

On hard court it's very much an even battle. The h2h indicates that as well.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #164 on: March 05, 2013, 04:28 PM »

On hard court it's very much an even battle. The h2h indicates that as well.

Yeah...true... just that hard court is also Nadal's 'weakest' surface...and they are level in h2h on that surface

I think that Andy's performance in the upcoming clay season...will go a long way to dictating Andy's chances of being a year end No1. He'll need to have come out of that with either a masters or slam win ....I think anyway. Nadal will be the major road block to that...I believe.
[ Last edit by ABF March 05, 2013, 04:32 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »