Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27 Go Down Reply
Author

BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013

(Read 13043 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #240 on: March 06, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Marty has been out of form. I expect Murray to not drop a set before the quarters.
Thank you for that piece of info.

I think the blister had an effect on Andy's performance at AO final. The Comms Poo -poo'd it as no excuse but I am certain it slowed and hampered Andy from the 3d set onward. Not to mention the boost it would give Nole seeing it all on the big screen during the time out. From that time on I thought it was curtains for our Andy.
I don't think it was just the blister, although I agree Novak probably thought Christmas had come early, but the pulled hamstring - and that was mentioned by the comms, at least the ones I was listening too, more than the blister.  Thankfully Adidas have given Andy different trainers for IW.

I admit I'm a bit nervous about this tournament, but Lendl knows what he's doing and I'm sure Andy will be as match fit as possible.  I expect him to struggle a bit in his first two matches, but if he gets safely through these then he should be up and running, although how far he'll get I wouldn't like to predict.

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #241 on: March 06, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Alright sorry for the past negative posts... I'm just extremely nervous
Welcome to my world pal!  hug
I know exactly how you feel,but let's not let nervousness ruin the joy of being so close to seeing Andy play again after so long! yay
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #242 on: March 06, 2013, 09:42 PM »

I must remind myself, that this is slam Andy Murray, not no slam Andy Murray. Since winning the US Open he's made a Masters Final, and another Slam final Very Happy. Gotta be positive.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #243 on: March 06, 2013, 09:49 PM »

I think the blister had an effect on Andy's performance at AO final. The Comms Poo -poo'd it as no excuse but I am certain it slowed and hampered Andy from the 3d set onward. Not to mention the boost it would give Nole seeing it all on the big screen during the time out. From that time on I thought it was curtains for our Andy.

You have to be kidding. No way did the blister(s) have an effect. He probably hardly felt them with the adrenalin. When he called for treatment he was just him trying to break Joker's rythmn.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #244 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12 PM »

You have to be kidding. No way did the blister(s) have an effect. He probably hardly felt them with the adrenalin. When he called for treatment he was just him trying to break Joker's rythmn.

I trust that comment comes with a bucket load of sarcasm!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #245 on: March 06, 2013, 10:48 PM »

I don't do sarcasm.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #246 on: March 06, 2013, 10:54 PM »

BigNose, I don't know what the point of that post was, but the blister actually did affect Andy, more so then the feather during the second set tiebreak. His movement was clearly hampered, especially in the fourth set.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #247 on: March 06, 2013, 11:46 PM »

I wasn't expecting this, but Andy's entered the doubles with Jamie as a wildcard pair.  Their first match is against the number 5 seeds.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2013/404/mdd.pdf

Not sure when that match will be, but presumably before his first singles match and with the more spread out schedule this might be a great opportunity to stay sharp and get net practice without the risk of over-doing it if he progresses in both tournaments.  
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #248 on: March 07, 2013, 12:58 AM »

I wasn't expecting this, but Andy's entered the doubles with Jamie as a wildcard pair.  Their first match is against the number 5 seeds.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2013/404/mdd.pdf

Not sure when that match will be, but presumably before his first singles match and with the more spread out schedule this might be a great opportunity to stay sharp and get net practice without the risk of over-doing it if he progresses in both tournaments. 

I was.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #249 on: March 07, 2013, 12:59 AM »

Well done.  Any particular reason?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #250 on: March 07, 2013, 01:06 AM »

Murray brothers have played doubles here together the past two years. Looking past on older draws, both of them have played IW doubles dating as far back as  2007
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #251 on: March 07, 2013, 01:57 AM »

I must admit, I was a little bit surprised when I didn't see their name on the entry list. I guess Jamie's doubles rank is no longer high enough, despite Andy's singles rank.

Inglot and Huey are first alternates - would be good to see them get in. Would need a late withdrawal though.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #252 on: March 07, 2013, 02:01 AM »

^Just to add to the convo:

Stuart Fraser‏@stu_fraser

Andy and Jamie Murray teaming up for dubs in Indian Wells. Play Lindstedt & Zimonjic. Colin Fleming & Paul Hanley take on Haas
& Malisse.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #253 on: March 07, 2013, 02:06 AM »

And also...

How to play mixed doubles (as a man): Tips from Jamie Murray, the 2007 Wimbledon mixed doubles champion in partnership with Jelena Jankovic.

At a professional level, the man should hit the ball as hard at the girl as he does at the man. “That seems sexist and wrong, but if you’re taking this seriously, then that’s the way you should do it. As a professional, you can make good money playing mixed doubles, so mixed doubles is a cut-throat world!”

The same applies to the serve although a kick serve often works better than one hit at full power. “But that doesn’t mean that I will be trying to hit the girl by serving to the body every time. I find that girls don’t deal with the spin so well. They’re more likely to return a hard serve which comes straight at them. Changing the pace up is important when serving.”

Choose a partner who can hit big from the baseline, rather than a girl who likes to serve and volley. “I’ve been lucky in that I’ve played with a lot of top women’s players. For me personally, I don’t want a girl who is going to serve and volley. As it’s then easier for the man on the other side of the net to pick off the ball. In my experience, a girl is more likely to hit a better shot from the baseline. She can hit the ball harder from the baseline, she will probably be more comfortable. So I would rather have a partner who hits big from the baseline, someone who hits it hard enough to pass the guy at the net. The guy at the net can intimidate a little bit and if he takes control of the net he can make it difficult. So if a girl can have the guy guessing a little bit, that’s ideal. It’s best if the girl can hold her own from the baseline and can hit hard down the lines, the guy doesn’t know what’s coming and he will be off guard a bit.”

Take the lead
. “I would say the guy is normally the one who takes the lead. Most partners I’ve played with, they’ve said to me, ‘Look, tell me what you want me to do, and I’ll do it’. But I usually just keep things simple so my partner knows what to expect from me.”

The more relaxed you feel, the better you will play. “You’re not always that intense playing mixed doubles. I always feel a bit morelaidback playing mixed doubles than men’s doubles, and play well for that reason.”

You don’t have to flirt with your partner to be successful. “I wouldn’t put that as one of the top priorities. I don’t think you have to flirt, but it’s important to keep your partner relaxed and enjoying it, you’re more likely to get better performances from them (although that’s the same in men’s doubles as well). There’s a real skill to that, especially in professional tennis, as you won’t play that much mixed doubles – probably just four times a year at the grand slams and that’s it. When I won Wimbledon in 2007 with Jelena Jankovic, we were enjoying it.”

http://www.thetennisspace.com/jamie-murray-how-to-play-mixed-doubles/
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #254 on: March 07, 2013, 04:06 AM »

pullhair :pullhair:Some folk make your blood boil....couldnt sleep so was surfing facebook someone has quoted on murrays world status about andy "he should win this one the amount of time off hes had!!!" What a bloody cheek my reply was.........hardly time off hes been training in miami like a fiend not lying on the bloody beach all day!!! Grrrrr now i really cant sleep
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »