Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Down Reply
Author

BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013

(Read 12891 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #270 on: March 07, 2013, 09:52 PM »

I see.  I thought you knew something specific and seen some hints somewhere.

They appear to have kept quiet about it this year until the draw came out, and no hints from anyone that I saw until people started tweeting last night, which makes it look like a last minute decision.
It would be good if he could play doubles before his first match.  Shake some of the rustiness out of him.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #271 on: March 07, 2013, 10:46 PM »

Don't know if this has been posted, but this is so cool!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2013/2/25/Andy-Murray-ATP-Player-Profile-Delivered-By-Fedex.aspx
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #272 on: March 08, 2013, 02:08 AM »

^ Yes that is pretty good, so thanks for posting. Smile

And also...

How to play mixed doubles (as a man): Tips from Jamie Murray, the 2007 Wimbledon mixed doubles champion in partnership with Jelena Jankovic.

http://www.thetennisspace.com/jamie-murray-how-to-play-mixed-doubles/
I wouldn't mind playing mixed doubles with Jamie ... Whistle   Also his Wimbledon exploits with Jelena were hilarious because by the end of the final so many people, including some of the media, had the pair married off, misinterpreting (whether deliberately or otherwise) his whispered instructions to her as 'sweet nothings'.  Whether Jamie really was smitten with her isn't known, but at the ensuing USO he asked her to partner him again, but she turned him down.   However at the 2010 Hopman Cup I don't think there was much doubt that Laura was flirting with Andy and he didn't seem to be averse to it either - but that was during his split with Kim, and anyway male egos like to be massaged on a regular basis.  lol
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #273 on: March 08, 2013, 06:55 AM »

Thanks for the link to the video.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #274 on: March 08, 2013, 09:04 AM »

loved the video though you think they might have mentioned the gold medal as it was a not insignificant milestone
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #275 on: March 08, 2013, 11:38 AM »

And the excitement on Murrays World is mounting as we get closer to Andy's first match at Indian Wells 

nervous  cmon yeah

And hopefully none of this.......

cmonandy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #276 on: March 08, 2013, 12:18 PM »

sure is.  Do we know when his first dubs match is?  And when we'll know whether he's playing sat or sun in singles?  I guess it depends if they go for defending champ or #1 on first day.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #277 on: March 08, 2013, 01:42 PM »

Don't think there's any confirmation yet of times/days hes playing Ruthie  Shrug
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #278 on: March 08, 2013, 04:45 PM »

I have probably viewed every possible pre-tournament video that there is involving Andy. Really hoping he'd play his first singles match this Saturday.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #279 on: March 08, 2013, 04:51 PM »

Don't think there's any confirmation yet of times/days hes playing Ruthie  Shrug
according to Mike Dickson of Mail on another thread he's playing dubs tomorrow Angie and singles Sunday.  Now I don't normally believe anything I read in the Mail but I do make an exception for Dickson as he's ok I think.  And bes03 surely better he plays his dubs match before his singles so he gets match practice, though of course I suppose he could play both matches the same day.  But better to spread them out I'd thought so happy to be patient and wait ONE more day.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #280 on: March 08, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Sky sports 4 coverage starts 9pm Saturday night & 6 pm Sunday night.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #281 on: March 08, 2013, 05:53 PM »

Can't wait for Indian Wells. Two good things for me, this is the first Masters since Paris that I get to see one of the other stars I like; Janowicz, play. I'm curious as to how he will fare as a Seeded player, and it should be fun in his first match against fit dave nalby. And of course, the big one, Andy's return... I can't believe, it's been a month and a half, can't wait to see him!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #282 on: March 08, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Can't wait for Indian Wells. Two good things for me, this is the first Masters since Paris that I get to see one of the other stars I like; Janowicz, play. I'm curious as to how he will fare as a Seeded player, and it should be fun in his first match against fit dave nalby. And of course, the big one, Andy's return... I can't believe, it's been a month and a half, can't wait to see him!

As someone tweeted when the draw was made - Janowicz v Nalby - watch out umpires!
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #283 on: March 08, 2013, 06:45 PM »

As someone tweeted when the draw was made - Janowicz v Nalby - watch out umpires!

Apparently all the line judges have been issued with shin-pads for this match.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells. March 4-17, 2013 « Reply #284 on: March 08, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Apparently all the line judges have been issued with shin-pads for this match.
Haha!  I'd forgotten about Nalby and that 'incident'.  What a cringe and a literal 'bloody' shame for the line judge. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »