Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  IW R3: Murray vs Lu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 26 (89.7%)
Murray in 3 - 3 (10.3%)
Lu in 2 - 0 (0%)
Lu in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Go Down Reply
Author

IW R3: Murray vs Lu

(Read 7020 times)
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: IW R3: Murray vs Lu « Reply #330 on: March 13, 2013, 06:34 AM »

I quickly went off to bed after Andy did his job at the office. It was an unspectacular win. BTW, weatherwise Berlin can compete with OSLO!!! We have -10 degrees. Absolutely crazy!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: IW R3: Murray vs Lu « Reply #331 on: March 13, 2013, 07:18 AM »

I couldn't get to see the match, but just read this whole thread and it almost felt like I was there! Thanks everyone for your fantastic reporting!  hug.......... Well done Andy! Onwards and upwards eh son?  hug
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: IW R3: Murray vs Lu « Reply #332 on: March 13, 2013, 08:52 AM »

Just got a chance to come on here now-delighted Andy got the win!Yaaay!
Here's hoping he can keep it up Very Happy Very Happy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: IW R3: Murray vs Lu « Reply #333 on: March 13, 2013, 09:28 AM »

Really pleased Andy won! Hopefully the match has recorded ok, I'll look forward to watching it later on. Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: IW R3: Murray vs Lu « Reply #334 on: March 13, 2013, 12:37 PM »

I took my mini to bed and watched the match from there. I had it full screen so couldn't log on to post. Besides, I thought I'd just watch the match.

Andy was again average but I guess he doesn’t feel the need to do more at this point. Lu played very well and took it Andy for the most part at least in the 1st set. His 1st serve percentage really needs to go up going forward. It was below 50% for the most part of the match last night.

I watched the match between Nishi and Berlocq, and Berlocq was hitting the ball really well but then again, Nishi was very error prone. So hard to assess his game at this point. I guess we’ll find out in the next match.

But good job nonetheless.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: IW R3: Murray vs Lu « Reply #335 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18 PM »

I recorded the match and watched this morning. I couldn't watch last night because I've done my back in and sitting up in bed for long periods kills me. I am in pain!

It was a bit of a funny start to the match. Lu came out flying, but I don't know, it never felt to me as if Andy was really threatened. Lu had some break point chances and didn't take them. I tend to think it's quite good to see an opponent having a go, it makes a match entertaining. Also, I think it shows that Andy can react to threats and come up with the goods when he needs to, which I think is a good sign. He was fantastic in the second set and played some great stuff.

I think Andy is going well now. I think he is doing what he needs to do at the moment, but I have confidence that when he needs to raise the bar he will. Cometh the hour, cometh the man and all that.

I'm more convinced by Andy than I am by Djokovic just at the moment. Djokovic was a bit lucky that Dimitrov crumbled under pressure. Dimitrov is clearly talented, he did enough to show that off, but where he lacks is experience and ability to deal with the big moments against the very best. Still, it was a shame to see him completely implode like that.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: IW R3: Murray vs Lu « Reply #336 on: March 13, 2013, 04:52 PM »

Sorry to hear about your back TJ.  Hope it improves soon.  I cannot stay up for similar reasons.  By 9 o'clock my body has had it, been up since 5:30 am, still recovering from hip replacement but also the other leg needs doing so very restricted.

I watched the match this morning and was prettty impressed with Andy especially in the second set.  He seems to be only playing as well as neccesary to win.  He is so calm.  He played like this for the AO until he needed to up his game. Onwards and upwards, Andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »