Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Mathieu
Murray will make Mathieu choke on 2 croissants - 24 (85.7%)
Murray will eat one but will choke Mathieu with 1 - 3 (10.7%)
Mathieu will give Murray the French kiss of loss - 1 (3.6%)
Mathieu will throw Murray a lifeline but will win in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23 Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu

(Read 6609 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 01:18 PM »

Thanks Bev. thumb up
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 01:35 PM »

Looks like Gasquet's on his way out.His probs are mental shame really as hes got all the shots.Lost 7 6 6 4 5 1 first time he's lost to Anderson i think.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #32 on: October 31, 2012, 01:54 PM »

I'll be on the scoreboard as usual.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #33 on: October 31, 2012, 02:00 PM »

Interesting piece in Independent today - sorry no time to post - saying Andy has been doing pilates in recent week and it's really helped. He is no longer waking up with a sore back etc.  Actually I'd assumed he'd been doing it longer as he'd mentioned something about exercises to strengthen the muscles in the back a while ago. Now if he'd asked me I could have given him that advice months ago.   Whistle  As someone with back problems [though different from Andy's I'm sure] I could have told him that pilates really  helps.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #34 on: October 31, 2012, 03:40 PM »

Novak Djokovic down a break in the 3rd to Sam.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #35 on: October 31, 2012, 03:41 PM »

4-2 oh **** cmon Sammy!!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #36 on: October 31, 2012, 04:13 PM »

Well, Andy is now officially the top seed remaining. If Berdych goes out then, it's all yours dearest Andy. And if you keep your matches short and to the point, then perhaps, you will stay healthy enough to grab the next one as well.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 04:30 PM »

Does anyone feel that Djokovic "tanked" his match to be fresh for WTF?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 04:40 PM »

That's a mighty possibility, OSS though the 1st set doesn't support this theory; however, Sam can be that bad or good. lol

Anyway, WTF is a big one but it's hard to say who had what kind of intention in mind until it happens next week, where it will show its true self.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean October 31, 2012, 04:53 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12 PM »

Nole's dad is in hospital, also has a stomach bug which would explain loss of energy in 3rd.
Very, very unlikely in these circumstances, that he "tanked."
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 05:12 PM »

The score doesn't really indicate a tank-job. Maybe he was just running out of steam and was somewhat out of it mentally. I don't think he deliberately lost the match. A little match practice on the same surface as the WTFs surely wouldn't have hurt.

We'll see how Andy does tonight.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 05:22 PM »

I think if Berdych and Raonic lose there is no problem. A few months ago I would have said Ferrer would have been trouble for him but he is tired and well no need to comment on his hard court head to head vs Andy.

I would also prefer it if Kei Nishikori reached the semis and not Berdych but I think Nishikori could achieve this feat because look back to Tokyo, Nishikori comfortably beat Berdych so this implies Nishikori does indeed know how to beat the big hitting Czech. As for Raonic I think if Chardy is on form he could beat Raonic at his home tournament although I am not sure what the Jeremy Chardy-Milos Raonic head to head is.
[ Last edit by MuzzaFan2012 October 31, 2012, 05:26 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Interesting piece in Independent today - sorry no time to post - saying Andy has been doing pilates in recent week and it's really helped. He is no longer waking up with a sore back etc.  Actually I'd assumed he'd been doing it longer as he'd mentioned something about exercises to strengthen the muscles in the back a while ago. Now if he'd asked me I could have given him that advice months ago.   Whistle  As someone with back problems [though different from Andy's I'm sure] I could have told him that pilates really  helps.
Well you told us that often enough on here Ruthie, so maybe Andy should read MW! Smile Anyway better late then never, and I'm very glad that it's been helping his back problem, whatever it was.

I didn't watch the match but truly doubt it.  He was ill the other day and his Dad's in hospital.  Given that he lost his much-loved grandfather earlier this year, he must be worried about his Dad.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 05:33 PM »

Don't think I'm going to get to watch tonight,as I'm helping out at a family halloween thing-however I'm gonna be following on here as much as I can.Hopefully I'll be able to pop on quite a bit.C'mon Andy!!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 05:38 PM »

I didn't watch the match but truly doubt it.  He was ill the other day and his Dad's in hospital.  Given that he lost his much-loved grandfather earlier this year, he must be worried about his Dad.

I'd agree with you there Aileen-I didn't watch either,but I wouldn't have any doubt that whatever's going on with his dad could be affecting him mentally.He's a professional,but he's also human.Plus,just as Andy was unwell in Shanghai,there's definitely been something wrong with Nole now-he was throwing up at the side of the court at practice the other day.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »