Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Mathieu
Murray will make Mathieu choke on 2 croissants - 24 (85.7%)
Murray will eat one but will choke Mathieu with 1 - 3 (10.7%)
Mathieu will give Murray the French kiss of loss - 1 (3.6%)
Mathieu will throw Murray a lifeline but will win in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu  (Read 5155 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #330 on: October 31, 2012, 08:56 PM »

Predict when Murray's next GS win will be then!
January 2013, of course. Need you ask?  yes
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #331 on: October 31, 2012, 09:00 PM »

Now watching the Raonic match - if this is the future I will change sports. Ace after ace, after ace - boring to put it mildly. Routing for Chardy as don't want Raonic at O2 , and still think he is an arrogant young "man".
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #332 on: October 31, 2012, 09:03 PM »

He often struggles a bit in his first match and then improves as the tourney goes on.

Janowicz should be interesting, just glad he wasn't Andy's first match.  Seems to be a young player who could be going places.

I know, I'm not worried. Besides he hasn't played a match in two weeks, so I was expecting him to take awhile to find his groove. A straight-set-win in 1 1/2h is good enough. Wink
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #333 on: October 31, 2012, 09:05 PM »

January 2013, of course. Need you ask?  yes
I agree with that to,   Smile
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #334 on: October 31, 2012, 09:06 PM »

Now watching the Raonic match - if this is the future I will change sports. Ace after ace, after ace - boring to put it mildly. Routing for Chardy as don't want Raonic at O2 , and still think he is an arrogant young "man".
yep very boring, and we do not wont him at the O2 , come on Chardy.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #335 on: October 31, 2012, 09:37 PM »

Predict when Murray's next GS win will be then!

Would you believe it,I've only JUST NOW got the chance to come on here-the house is so packed with family (specifically little kids) that I've basically been rushed off my feet.DELIGHTED Andy won!Well done that man!
And if we're picking next gs's...hopefully we'll see it in Jan.-I really think he's shown he's well capable of winning that one-but if not,then I'm praying we see one come Wimby time-and I wouldn't object if it was against Smugfed either!(Not that I really want the man reaching another Wimbledon final,but I would kind of love to see it if it meant Andy could trash him Olympic-style Very Happy )
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #336 on: October 31, 2012, 10:07 PM »

I think Andy has a fab chance at the AO. He usually plays well there, so as a prediction it's not too outlandish.

As for Raonic/Chardy today, dull, dull, dull! When I watch Raonic I keep telling myself that there is skill in being able to serve like that, but it makes for boring tennis. I watched a bit of it and then gave up.

Looking forward to seeing Andy again to tomorrow and still can't get over Djokovic going out. It sort of shows that they can all have the odd weird loss from time to time.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #337 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09 PM »

From watching the live update and the stats looks Like Andy played really well. But some of you seem to think he played just good enough to get through. Hope to see it when I am home from Denver. Congrats Andy well done  laddie!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #338 on: October 31, 2012, 10:23 PM »

From watching the live update and the stats looks Like Andy played really well. But some of you seem to think he played just good enough to get through. Hope to see it when I am home from Denver. Congrats Andy well done  laddie!

It was a good performance, very solid. I think our general view is that there is room for improvement, but Andy got the job done well.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #339 on: October 31, 2012, 10:26 PM »

From watching the live update and the stats looks Like Andy played really well. But some of you seem to think he played just good enough to get through. Hope to see it when I am home from Denver. Congrats Andy well done  laddie!
He did ok. Groundstrokes were a little bit mixed, hit some good winners but made a fair few errors too. Considering it was his first game in over two weeks, in a tournament he usually struggles in as well, I think it was a solid enough performance. Definitely had several gears to go through if he had to.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: BNPPM R2: Murray vs Mathieu « Reply #340 on: October 31, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Good start from Andy today against a tricky opponent. I think we all know he can be better, but he got the job done efficiently enough.

I thought the crowd was...er, very French. It's like the FO, where they support their own and boo everyone else's. It's okay though, and didn't seem to phase Andy one bit.

Who else wants to kill the bloke with the drum? I swear to God, if I'd been sitting next to him he'd have had it shoved somewhere anatomically impossible.

Anyway, good to get the first match over. Onwards and upwards!

Dear god that bongo was dodgy.  And semi-official because, only used for French players and there is no way he wouldn't have been turfed if security had been anti.  Didn't work any of them though :P
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »