Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz  (Read 9392 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #510 on: November 01, 2012, 05:13 PM »

This result is unbelievable. I am beginning to think that Andy is either totally unprepared for a new guy or he's playing the "grab your appearance money and die in the early rounds"
  As said by other people  if he's going to do this kind of thing will he please desist from saying that he's going to win the WTF  A little modesty goes a long way.

Andy has not said he is going to win the WTF. Modesty might go a long way, but so does getting your facts right. What do you expect Andy to say if asked, that he is going to lose?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #511 on: November 01, 2012, 05:16 PM »

exactly tj.
At this rate none of those at wtf will make it to the final here, which will at least make scheduling easier next week
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #512 on: November 01, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Andy has to be able to say that he's good enough to beat the best which he is,and that they will have to play well to beat him which they will.It's what RF NJ and RN do and do well and truly beleive.At least thats what empress coaching says.It's not a case of being arrogant, there not, it's what they beleive and thats why there serial winners.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #513 on: November 01, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Nigel, will you enjoy watching Raonic, Janowicz et al?

I'd rather eat my own toenails. Serving holds no interest for me. It's just a method of beginning the point. The magic begins on the 2nd shot.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #514 on: November 01, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Paris  officially sucks balls.   delpo out
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #515 on: November 01, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Andy has not said he is going to win the WTF. Modesty might go a long way, but so does getting your facts right. What do you expect Andy to say if asked, that he is going to lose?
[/quote

With respect Andy is quoted in the Daily Telegraph as I have stated  He should avoid stating losing or winning by side stepping the issue by saying he'll be doing his best etc
 Glad your cold is better even if you disagree with me, I read your posts very carefully and find them very informative
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #516 on: November 01, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Andy will be ok at the AO next year as he will be having some more empress coaching in December or at least thats what iv read.That will get his mind into winning mode again.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #517 on: November 01, 2012, 05:30 PM »

I don't agree with that para...
Are you saying that Andy was prepared to lose this match before the tournament started?
Right frame of mind? Sorry, but that is just so silly.
Criticising him for losing this match is fine but not for being prepared enough or something..

Huh? of course that is what i am saying, if you read the whole thread then talk of the players in the WTF are already thinking to themselves that winning this is not even worth the effort? so why should Andy be any different? He did his best in 2 sets like Djoko, after that it's probably pfft to hell with this. And do you really think if andy was in the right frame of mind that andy would have lost to this Karlovic clone? do me a favour, Raonic at the US open is Andy in the right frame of mind.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #518 on: November 01, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Interview with Andy now
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #519 on: November 01, 2012, 05:32 PM »

No one wants to win Bercy,  and personally I don't blame them
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #520 on: November 01, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Nah who would want to win Bercy let the French win it.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #521 on: November 01, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Have we all forgotten that littlepoem after Cincy re: anyone can win a Masters but only a few win gold.

I agree with whoever it is the sometimes negative remarks on this site and on others when Andy loses which is more of a concern to me.  He will not have come out intending to lose this match but he may have felt it was too much effort to fight back, no top sportsman would think in these terms, or he maybe has not completely recover from the virus.    From what everyone is saying he did not try very hard in the 3rd set.  We can only spend time speculating.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #522 on: November 01, 2012, 05:43 PM »

It is possible that if he really is focused on the WTF that he was thinking that he really doesn't want to go into them worn out from this week. If there is a pattern developing it is the guys who have a real chance next week are going out early here. If they don't like the courts and their minds is on next week then they are hardly going to bother at a tournament, where they don't like the surface at a time when they are knackered, when their real opponents are getting geared up for next week. I am starting to smell rats with Fed not competing, ND out to Querry, Murray out to the Pole and now Del Pot out. I also really do think the Olympics loused a lot of them up. A tournament too far perhaps? I maintain as I said a few weeks ago Murray, needs time to retrench, retreat and rearm.  His big push will be next year, with Fed even older, and others reaching the end of the road. Having watched Raonic yesterday then, if that is genuinely the face if men's tennis to come I will opt out, it was so boring. It might be good that we have Robson and Watson.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #523 on: November 01, 2012, 05:46 PM »

Oh my gosh what happened. Just checked in and saw that Andy lost. So sad.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #524 on: November 01, 2012, 05:49 PM »

That's what I thought Ruthie , Andy has never been one to blow his own trumpet, far from it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »