Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz

(Read 14029 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #525 on: November 01, 2012, 05:52 PM »

consistency is overrated.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #526 on: November 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »

With respect Andy is quoted in the Daily Telegraph as I have stated  He should avoid stating losing or winning by side stepping the issue by saying he'll be doing his best etc
 Glad your cold is better even if you disagree with me, I read your posts very carefully and find them very informative

How is saying he will do his best the same as saying he will win?
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #527 on: November 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »

consistency is overrated.

lack of consistency is even worse
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #528 on: November 01, 2012, 06:00 PM »

Have we all forgotten that littlepoem after Cincy re: anyone can win a Masters but only a few win gold.

I agree with whoever it is the sometimes negative remarks on this site and on others when Andy loses which is more of a concern to me.  He will not have come out intending to lose this match but he may have felt it was too much effort to fight back, no top sportsman would think in these terms, or he maybe has not completely recover from the virus.    From what everyone is saying he did not try very hard in the 3rd set.  We can only spend time speculating.
I remember that poem Tamila i wrote it i'd foegotten all about that.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #529 on: November 01, 2012, 06:02 PM »

Many of my friends who are Murray fans thought it was so apt.  I do think it pertains to this tournie as well.  Hopefully he will go deep into the WTF, to win if poss.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #530 on: November 01, 2012, 06:06 PM »

just seen one good piece of news: Marray and his partner sent bryan bros packing.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #531 on: November 01, 2012, 06:12 PM »

Querrey has taken first set from Raonic. Hope Sam keeps it up
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #532 on: November 01, 2012, 06:13 PM »

And Sam taken first set over Raonic
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #533 on: November 01, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Querrey has taken first set from Raonic. Hope Sam keeps it up
so do I , do not wont Raonic at the O2.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #534 on: November 01, 2012, 06:15 PM »

me neither.  Not a great fan of tipsy either but I'd rather him than Raonic there.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #535 on: November 01, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Ah well, so much for Paris.  WTF not far off.    cmonandy
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #536 on: November 01, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Andy has lost to many lower ranked players before, I've just come to accept that it's part of the player he is. Anyway, he's the one with the Olympic gold medal and US Open title to his name, not them.

The fact that he has lost in 3 tournaments in a row from match point up is concerning. Hopefully he will have a good WTF and get over this problem with closing out matches.

It's gonna be so cool at the o2 when he walks out onto the court for his matches with the announcer reading out the stuff that he's won this year.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #537 on: November 01, 2012, 06:26 PM »

just seen one good piece of news: Marray and his partner sent bryan bros packing.
Great news.  It'll give the British journalists something more positive to talk about, and to hang around for!

I'm disappointed Andy didn't win, as I'm sure he is.  I think he was slightly taken aback by how the courts increased in speed from practice, saying yesterday he struggled a bit with his timing.  The realisation that the courts were fast after all may have been a factor in him being a bit anxious about going deep this week, but I still reckon he'd have liked an extra match this week to keep himself sharp.  He's closed the gap ever so slightly between himself and Roger/Nole, so I suppose that's a good thing, but considering the opportunity to narrow it by a lot more, it's frustrating.

Janowicz did well, is tipped as a future top player, on a winning streak, playing on a surface that suits his style, and with more matches played on this surface.  He also had nothing to lose, so could really go for it.  It's not as big an upset as it might look on paper.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #538 on: November 01, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Why isn't Marray playing with Nielsen at the moment?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #539 on: November 01, 2012, 06:38 PM »

Bloody Hell! Tennis would be an awful sport if it regresses to 8' tall giants with massive serves, no brains and nothing else to offer

Well, if you check back to all of Andy's losses, you will see that only on 2 or 3 occasions, Andy has lost to big servers; all other times, it was the opposite, so the assumptions and the generalizations some people are making here mostly based on one sided report. He lost Wimbledon and Dubai to Federer, AO, Miami and Shanghai to Nole, RG to Ferrer, Indian Wells to Garcia-Lopez, Cincinnati to Chardy, Monte Carlo to Berdych, Rome to Gasquet, and Queens to Mahut etc. and so on. Hardly any of these guys fall under the “big server” category.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »