Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz

(Read 12854 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #450 on: November 01, 2012, 04:07 PM »

And he's won it one more time than Andy has. What's your point?

That it's not always the top guns that win this tourney. And Fed did win this last year after not competing in any of the previous tourneys if my memory serves me well (apart from Basel). I'm talking Asian swing.
[ Last edit by Bevc November 01, 2012, 04:19 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #451 on: November 01, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Apologies for the appalling typing in my last post. Murray losing doesn't bother me too much, but I get tense knowing just how much some folks on here are going to crucify him for a loss that placed in context, and given a the other variables, is totally understandable.  Remember - man not a machine.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #452 on: November 01, 2012, 04:08 PM »

I am mystified how Janowicz can be no 69 when he has only played 30 matches in his career 15 wins and 15 losses.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #453 on: November 01, 2012, 04:11 PM »

I DONT GET IT.  WHAT THE HELL.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #454 on: November 01, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Lets just hope that Andy dosent have to play jj at the AO at the start of next year then.
IP Logged
DaveH
Satellite Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #455 on: November 01, 2012, 04:13 PM »

I am mystified how Janowicz can be no 69 when he has only played 30 matches in his career 15 wins and 15 losses.

He has had wins on the Challenger tour this year. I think 15/15 is just his main tour results.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #456 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16 PM »

At the end of the day the match meant a lot more for jj than it did for Andy, so I'm happy for him. If someone cares much more about the match than you it will give them an extra edge against you.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #457 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16 PM »

I did not realise that they can come so far up only winning Challengers
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #458 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16 PM »

Then schedule better in future. Play Basel and pull out of Paris, as Federer did. If he feels he must play Paris but has no chance/no choice but to tank, play a couple of matches then pull out. It's not rocket science. There is no reason and no benefit to losing a match to a qualifier having held match point. He may well win London next week. I hope so. But it will be in spite of today's result, not aided by it. To choke away as many matches as he has recently is NOT a good sign. Imagine if a match point comes and goes against someone next week. Would you really back him to turn it back around? It sets in.

Andy doesn't schedule very well. That's very true. That's something he badly needs to adjust next year. I don't think he choked but after losing the TB, he decided not to go for too much and was okay to lose. Paris is definitely not on his priority list you can sense.

Wasting match points are a bit of concern but it will have to last longer than this, so I'd just wait and see if this is something that's going to continue next year as well. This year has been really great for him as he's won his first Slam after a long time and the Olympic win before the home crowd was especially emotional for him, so obviously he's struggling with these tournaments emotionally. Next year, I don't think these problems will continue.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #459 on: November 01, 2012, 04:17 PM »

I DONT GET IT.  WHAT THE HELL.

You are not the only one John..
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #460 on: November 01, 2012, 04:21 PM »

Who are you or anyone else to tell him how to celebrate?

It's the biggest win of his life. Let him enjoy the moment.

I agree with you TMH.
He has just beaten the guy who won a grand slam a few weeks back so he can be delighted by this victory. He played really well and deserved to win this match.
Honestly, I was happy for him to see him happy and even clapped for him which is very rare behaviour shown by me during Andy's losses...
Hope this is just not a one-match wonder for JJ and he carries this momentum for sometime..
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #461 on: November 01, 2012, 04:23 PM »

The fact was also the Jj had nothing to lose so went all out.  Andy was probably thinking, without realising it, about the WTF.

we musn't forget what a year Andy has had 2 GS finals, 1 gold medal and 1 GS and the fantastic SF in Aussie.  Mentally he must be tired.  Even Lendl said that Andy had so much pressure to deal with  in Britain and that hopefully he will not have to deal with so much again.  I hope has the same support at WTF as he had for the Olympics.  After the year he has had I feel like SG.  I am not that disppointed although it would have been nice for him to reach the Qs but he has only lost 90 points and hopefully he will make those up at the O2.  He may have been thinking this unconciously.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #462 on: November 01, 2012, 04:29 PM »

It was painfully obvious to me after he failed to take the second set that he was going to lose. His body language said that I don't really want to be here, but I'll go through the motions.

Very disappointing. Andy must learn to win against opponents of JJ's level if he wants to be world no 1. If he continues to lose these type of matches, forget his ambitions.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #463 on: November 01, 2012, 04:29 PM »

Shame , but looking at the bigger picture Andy would rather win at the O2 then Paris, and every cloud has a silver lining , I hope it's the big cup at the O2 that Andy will be holding, and if its not he has a good 5 years to win more  slams and become number one, (hopefully keeping injury free, ) and I am totally convinced that's what he will do.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #464 on: November 01, 2012, 04:30 PM »

The guy played well....well done to him.... Andy didnt play his best tennis...the test for Janowicz will be how he follows up beating one of the top players. Andy's focus appeared to me to be on the WTF and today's match just emphasised that to me. Ive seen him play worse..and win...and ive seen him play better..and lose....thats about it.
[ Last edit by ABF November 01, 2012, 04:35 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »