Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz

(Read 11753 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #480 on: November 01, 2012, 04:47 PM »

The dissapointing thing here is, that Andy has publicly claimed that he would give these last 2 tournaments his all, and that he will now concentrate on becoming more proffesional with regards to his attitude with lower tier events and to not solely worry about his slam performances. I understand that is his desire, but why make such gestures when in reality he is not in the right frame of mind to do so.

I don't agree with that para...
Are you saying that Andy was prepared to lose this match before the tournament started?
Right frame of mind? Sorry, but that is just so silly.
Criticising him for losing this match is fine but not for being prepared enough or something..
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #481 on: November 01, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Bloody Bercy.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #482 on: November 01, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Rafa lost to Rosol
Fed lost to Delpotro
Nole lost to Querry
Andy lost to JJ
Bit of a pattern here.
In order to beat these giants, these massive servers you have to be right on top of your game for the whole match and this requires huge amounts of concentration and energy. 'Tis quite possible Andy wasn't prepared to do this just b4 WTF.
I really hope these giants don't come to dominate tennis in the future.

I think it's inevitable. The only emerging players are giants with huge serves. We'll look back at the Fed-Nadal-Djok-Murray era as one of great artistry and variety.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #483 on: November 01, 2012, 04:52 PM »

All big tall guys with huge serves is what I'm saying.

Yeah... I getcha...but they only really have some success in best of 3 against the top players. They can't/or struggle to sustain their serve quality for the duration of a 5 setter...if that is the focus of their game.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #484 on: November 01, 2012, 04:53 PM »

JJ  will probably lose in the next round.   I repeat  this tournie sucks
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #485 on: November 01, 2012, 04:53 PM »

@Grabcopy
Sadly I think you're right.  
I also have a feeling the new technology, regarding racquets, helps them too much.
Perhaps over 6'4" should go in a separate league.
Good job I love other sports is all I can say. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #486 on: November 01, 2012, 04:54 PM »

I think it's inevitable. The only emerging players are giants with huge serves. We'll look back at the Fed-Nadal-Djok-Murray era as one of great artistry and variety.
Well that is a really depressing prospect grabcopy.  I had to go out to pilates just as Andy threw away the 2nd set with those careless shots. But did think he'd pull through.  Just watched the post-match chat on the recording and they did think that there came a point when he wasn't going to give it his all with wtf in mind.  I just hope he doesn't start jinxing himself losing when he had nearly won.  I agree it's worrying but let's wait until after WTF before going into panic mode eh?   
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #487 on: November 01, 2012, 04:55 PM »

JJ  will probably lose in the next round.   I repeat  this tournie sucks

I know...that is what always happens..
If Andy won this, he could have won the tournament.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #488 on: November 01, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Yeah... I getcha...but they only really have some success in best of 3 against the top players. They can't/or struggle to sustain their serve quality for the duration of a 5 setter...if that is the focus of their game.

Liking your optimism and hoping you're right, for the sake of this beautiful game I love Think
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #489 on: November 01, 2012, 04:58 PM »

Delpos a set down but must admit he's fighting in the second.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #490 on: November 01, 2012, 05:01 PM »

I know...that is what always happens..
If Andy won this, he could have won the tournament.

Funnily enough Fed fans are also saying, "If only"....Wink
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #491 on: November 01, 2012, 05:02 PM »

I am a bit disappointed, as I usually am when Andy loses, but this is clearly not the end of the world and will have no bearing on next week. That's all that matters.

I do agree that to a point the writing was on the wall when Andy lost the second set from match points up, but hey-ho, that's life. I'm sure Andy would have gone all out to win the tourney if he'd put a few straight sets wins together, but I think to come back today would have taken too much out of him and could have hurt his chances next week. As it is, whilst any loss is disappointing, the couple of matches Andy has played will have surely blown the cobwebs away and now he will have some time to be ready for the WTF.

I am sort of concerned about Andy losing from having match point again, but  I'm sure it will sort itself out. If it was to continue in to next year we might have something to panic about, but it's too early just now for that.

Come next week Andy will be ready to go.

As for Paris, let the disgraceful crowds have it. Who the hell were they to judge whether Andy was making an effort for a while there?

In terms of the rest of the tourney, if JJ loses his next match I will pop over the channel and throttle him. As for a winner, would hate either Raonic or Berdych to do it, although something tells me Berdych might. I'd be happy, in Andy's absence, to see either Ferrer or Tipsy come through. I think Ferrer deserves a Masters, mainly because, as much as I love him, he won't win a major any time soon, and he has had a great season.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #492 on: November 01, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Bloody Hell! Tennis would be an awful sport if it regresses to 8' tall giants with massive serves, no brains and nothing else to offer
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #493 on: November 01, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Wont need to watch the Paris Masters now Andys out got no intrest in it now.Good means i'll be able to get all my housework done so that next week i'll be able to concentrate fully on WTF.So thanks for that Andy at least AM.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #494 on: November 01, 2012, 05:05 PM »

Funnily enough Fed fans are also saying, "If only"....Wink

lol...'if only' .....are we allowed to finish that sentence for them?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »