Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz

(Read 10930 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #555 on: November 01, 2012, 07:23 PM »

What is Nielsen's obsession with his singles career? What singles career? The man needs a reality check. He's a men's doubles Wimbledon champion, FFS. In singles, he's ranked just below my gran.

Couldn't agree with this more - the guy's living in Cloud Cuckoo Land as far as his singles career is concerned - he has to be nuts!  A pity that Jamie's ranking isn't a bit highter - it would be good to have him team up with Marray.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #556 on: November 01, 2012, 07:24 PM »

Normally I would be angry but although it's a Masters event I feel it's not worthy of Andy's time. He is obviously resting himself for WTF which is very wise. At least we know Berdych, Tsonga and Ferrer could be tired come next week.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #557 on: November 01, 2012, 07:35 PM »

The comms have said Fed is already in Lo don practicing with Henman (traitor...!!!). 

Lol...Excellent....straight sets win for Andy then
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #558 on: November 01, 2012, 07:43 PM »

This non effort thing can apply to dubs aswell. Look at the Bryan bros. they must have thought about WTF so maybe they lost today to get rest in before Monday.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #559 on: November 01, 2012, 07:53 PM »

No way doubles will not try to win. Doubles isn't tiring doesn't take much effort, you don't need rest.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #560 on: November 01, 2012, 08:13 PM »

Just in from work and have not got the match taped. Getting pretty angry reading the thread and hearing that he didn't try in the last set. That attitude just pisses me off so much. Bad for him, bad for us, bad for the organisers and bad for the sport. Coming on the back of the racket smashing self indugent crud I am beginning to lose faith.Help! confused
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #561 on: November 01, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Couldn't agree with this more - the guy's living in Cloud Cuckoo Land as far as his singles career is concerned - he has to be nuts!  A pity that Jamie's ranking isn't a bit highter - it would be good to have him team up with Marray.
Yes that's what I thought Alis.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #562 on: November 01, 2012, 08:42 PM »

Just in from work and have not got the match taped. Getting pretty angry reading the thread and hearing that he didn't try in the last set. That attitude just pisses me off so much. Bad for him, bad for us, bad for the organisers and bad for the sport. Coming on the back of the racket smashing self indugent crud I am beginning to lose faith.Help! confused

Don't - it's the end of a very long year for him. I really think he is mentally completely exhausted and by the sounds of it they are all at it. Fed pulling out, ND not bring bothered about losing, Del P out , plus others. I suspect there was a measure of pre meditation about today. I am fed up because I don't like him losing, but not bothered about this tournament other than that Fed has lost 1000 points, ND has lost about 180 and Murray 90 (I think). It is not a catastrophe. Please leave him alone. I would rather he lost than made himself play on in a tournament he is not happy with.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #563 on: November 01, 2012, 08:43 PM »

Well Henman, never thought much of you in the first place, now hope you have diarrhoea for a week, you little ****, TRAITOR!!!!!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #564 on: November 01, 2012, 08:52 PM »

I think it's inevitable. The only emerging players are giants with huge serves. We'll look back at the Fed-Nadal-Djok-Murray era as one of great artistry and variety.
Disagree with this Nigel. Plenty of talented players coming through that don't fit that description. Tomic, Dimitrov, Goffin, Klizan, Harrison, etc. There are plenty of teenagers makin their mark too, such as Saville, Kubler, Peliwo, Pavlasek, Edmund, Vesely, etc.

The giants seem more capable of damaging the top guys right now but they're not going to dominate the game.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #565 on: November 01, 2012, 08:54 PM »

Bloody Hell! Tennis would be an awful sport if it regresses to 8' tall giants with massive serves, no brains and nothing else to offer
Hardly describes today's opponent. Even without the serve he'd still be a good player. Good drop shot, good touch, powerful groundstrokes, some variety. He's far from a boring Raonic powerhouse type player. His serve is just an asset, not his entire game ala Isner, Raonic, etc.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #566 on: November 01, 2012, 08:58 PM »

What is Nielsen's obsession with his singles career? What singles career? The man needs a reality check. He's a men's doubles Wimbledon champion, FFS. In singles, he's ranked just below my gran.
He's a decent player. Been regularly playing the challenger circuit and beating guys ranked inside the top 200. If not for the doubles he could probably easily sustain a top 200 ranking. As it is he's been trying to balance between the two and his ranking is a bit mediocre.

He probably figures he can focus on doubles once his singles career is over. Probably enjoys singles more too.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #567 on: November 01, 2012, 09:14 PM »

I spat the dummy earlier over Andy's defeat and i'll always support him through thick & thin. Will put it down to being up against an inspired opponent and one to certainly look out for in the future!! Just hope Andy picks himself up for the wtf!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #568 on: November 01, 2012, 10:20 PM »

Don't - it's the end of a very long year for him. I really think he is mentally completely exhausted and by the sounds of it they are all at it. Fed pulling out, ND not bring bothered about losing, Del P out , plus others. I suspect there was a measure of pre meditation about today. I am fed up because I don't like him losing, but not bothered about this tournament other than that Fed has lost 1000 points, ND has lost about 180 and Murray 90 (I think). It is not a catastrophe. Please leave him alone. I would rather he lost than made himself play on in a tournament he is not happy with.
Yes and might have been worse had he gone on to be beaten by Tipsy or Birdy who he'll be meeting next week.  He lost focus at a key moment and then wasn't sufficiently motivated because of wtf to refind it in 3rd set I guess.  Stuff happens. 
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #569 on: November 01, 2012, 10:30 PM »

On the bright side, did you see how happy it made Janowicz?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »