Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 44 Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz

(Read 13509 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #570 on: November 01, 2012, 11:37 PM »

On the bright side, did you see how happy it made Janowicz?
That was so nice to see. His reaction to winning is a massive sign of respect for Andy imo. Hope he'll build on this result and continue to progress up the rankings, his game has definitely got good potential.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #571 on: November 02, 2012, 01:04 AM »

Well Henman, never thought much of you in the first place, now hope you have diarrhoea for a week, you little sh*t, TRAITOR!!!!!

confused  What's Timmy done?  Or just the fact that he's won it during his playing career? 
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #572 on: November 02, 2012, 01:08 AM »

confused  What's Timmy done?  Or just the fact that he's won it during his playing career? 

Training with the enemy. Wink
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #573 on: November 02, 2012, 01:24 AM »

Oh, training in London with Fed?  Ah, well they are friends.  What's a person supposed to do?  Don't like them just because they are friends with Fed?  I'm going to the Oz with a huge Fed fan but doesn't mean I don't like her. lol
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #574 on: November 02, 2012, 03:16 AM »

I don't see Fed as the enemy anyway. But I know a lot of Murray fans 'despise' him, which is more or less understandable. I mean, I don't particularly like him either, but I respect his achievements and have no problems with other people liking him or being fans of his. That goes for pretty much any player though. Besides, I think he's been uncharacteristically pleasant lately. It's been awhile since he had a go at Andy. New-found respect? As long as it stays that way, I don't really care.

As for Henman, if they are friends I don't see why he shouldn't hang out/train with him. It's not like they are going to conspire against Andy.

I think fans can be far more annoying than the players.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #575 on: November 02, 2012, 05:03 AM »

Maybe he was just waiting for some other players to arrive, since he skipped Paris dontknow  or working on some S & V techniques (Timmy's bread and butter).  Annacone was Timmy's coach for a while too.  Maybe he suggested the link up.  More over, I think that they are friends. though.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #576 on: November 02, 2012, 06:20 AM »

The comms have said Fed is already in Lo don practicing with Henman (traitor...!!!).  Lets hope for good things in the WTF but focus much more on next year. P

Won't do him much good. Tiny Tim plays nothing like Andy Whistle
Now, Santoro practising with Fed, which he did earlier in the year, is a lot harder to take Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #577 on: November 02, 2012, 07:50 AM »

On the bright side, did you see how happy it made Janowicz?
yes and I felt very happy for him despite my disappointment at Andy's loss.
And I would much prefer someone like jj to beat him and gain such joy from it than tipsy or birdy, which could have been on the cards if Andy wasn't totally focused as he clearly wasn't in Paris, even if it wasn't intentional.
btw nothing seems to have come of the talk of Marray teaming up with Murray J.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #578 on: November 02, 2012, 07:52 AM »

Tim was blatently delighted for Andy when he beat Federer at the Olympics, so I don't think there are any issues there.  It's probably a nice treat for Tim to hit with an active, top level, player, and gives him something to talk about when he's commentating. Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #579 on: November 02, 2012, 08:15 AM »

Reading the i paper this morning, I am more and more convinced that this was a case of Mr M taking a leaf out of Fed's book and "Chosing to lose". He doesn't want to go into the WTF even more knackered than he he already is with Fed and NJ fresh as daisies. Given he seems not to like the tournament or the surface it looks like a complete no brainer. As I have said before I also much prefer him to have less points to defend towards the end of the year. I imagine he is already back home, cuddling his dogs and Kim (probably in that order), and ready to get started with Lendl.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #580 on: November 02, 2012, 08:40 AM »

Reading the i paper this morning, I am more and more convinced that this was a case of Mr M taking a leaf out of Fed's book and "Chosing to lose". He doesn't want to go into the WTF even more knackered than he he already is with Fed and NJ fresh as daisies. Given he seems not to like the tournament or the surface it looks like a complete no brainer. As I have said before I also much prefer him to have less points to defend towards the end of the year. I imagine he is already back home, cuddling his dogs and Kim (probably in that order), and ready to get started with Lendl.
In the first two sets I don't think this was in Andy's head - he wouldn't have got to serving for the match 30-0 and then 40-30 (again!) if he wanted to lose. The third set though yes, he didn't put everything into his performance once he got broken.

Re. Fed and Tim training together - I have no problem with that. They've been friends for years, long before Andy came on the tour. Fed also often trains with the British juniors too.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #581 on: November 02, 2012, 08:44 AM »

I think he wanted to win that second set.  If he'd planned to lose, he'd not have broken serve the way he did.

I do agree that the lure of home would also have been strong, especially once he'd twigged the surface didn't suit him as much as he might have hoped during practice. 

To me, it's not just about putting the effort into the match itself.  Every top player will instinctively push to beat their opponent, whatever the circumstances.   However, when it comes to the training and practice, and general preparation, he'd not be wanting to expend too much energy.

He's admitted to taking a whole week off from practice after Shanghai, and then only building up again gradually.  That's good for his overall health, but they must have known it would leave him vulnerable to being less sharp in Paris.  They maybe thought he'd get away with it, finding form in the first couple of rounds, but there's no way they'd have taken that kind of risk prior to a slam.

Just as much as the WTFs, I think they are thinking ahead to next year.   Addressing end of year injuries would eat into valuable off-season training time.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #582 on: November 02, 2012, 09:50 AM »

Another slant on Andy's performance yesterday. There is no doubt that Janowicz played very well and in the final analysis deserved the victory.

However, it has been known for a long time that Andy does not like playing in Brecy, primarily due to the surface, but also I believe that the spectators are very close to the players unlike most other Masters tournaments and Slams perhaps Andy feels slightly claustrophic and not able to move around freely in his mind.

In addition, the spectators are quite obnoxious and never take to AM, but seem to support whoever Andy is playing.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #583 on: November 02, 2012, 10:08 AM »

Just a thought. At the US Open we saw Andy come back from a set and 5-1 down to beat Maran Cillic in 4 sets. Similar comebacks came against Lopez and Berdych. The fact is we know if Andy really wants to win a match, he will pull out all the stops to do so. It just didn't seem like he wanted to do this in Paris.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #584 on: November 02, 2012, 10:11 AM »

Just a thought. At the US Open we saw Andy come back from a set and 5-1 down to beat Maran Cillic in 4 sets. Similar comebacks came against Lopez and Berdych. The fact is we know if Andy really wants to win a match, he will pull out all the stops to do so. It just didn't seem like he wanted to do this in Paris.
Agree with you. All the evidence is pointing to the fact that at some point on that match he decided he had had enough and wanted out of that tournament.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »