Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz  (Read 9594 times)
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #585 on: November 02, 2012, 10:25 AM »

This was what I was just going to post.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #586 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49 AM »

It's just weird what's gone on. I'm sure Andy know's what he's doing but not trying after squandering a break and a MP? That's not typical Andy imo, we all know that he likes to try and never give up.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #587 on: November 02, 2012, 12:00 PM »

He decided he didn't want to win - simples!!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #588 on: November 02, 2012, 12:14 PM »

and that's why some of us are stacking up on andy's dvds in preparation for 7 years of tennis famine after 7 years or whatever of feast

Ahh, so that's why I'm doing it lol. Knew there was a reason for the number of DVD's I've bought this year lol.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #589 on: November 02, 2012, 12:43 PM »

I do think Andy was getting a little wound up with that disgusting crowd in Paris. That he didn't say anything, perhaps tell lot of them to go forth and multiply, is to his credit.

Anyone with half a brain could see he was trying in the third, but I think he made a judgement call. Lose to someone like JJ, who he might not play again for ages, or risk it against either Tipsy or Berdshit, who would take the confidence of a win in to next week.

I think people are conveniently forgetting the fact that Andy has just won his first major. Players often have a brief lull after their first major win, not that you can seriously call a semi, a final, and thrashing the world no.1 recently, a lull. Maybe Andy is finding the adjustment from contender to slam winner a bit hard. The thing is though, he will get over it and normal service will resume. In the mean time he doesn't deserve to be insulted and accused of not trying.

As far as JJ is concerned, he is having a career week. I bet the money he has earned so far will help him, and he was genuinely delighted. The thing is though, with all due respect, when he loses, or when the tourney is over, his year will probably be done. Andy will have the WTF to focus on. Andy also has aims for next year that are achievable.

If I'd got a voice I would have jokingly called Tim a traitor for practising with Federer, but to be honest I couldn't care less. Tim was right behind Andy during the Olympic final. That's good enough for me. Besides, I bet Smugfed has been in London all week. I suppose he had to practice with someone. The only thing that surprises me is that Smugfed's ego allows him to think he might need to practice.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #590 on: November 02, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Teejay1 - it's reassuring to know that there are some sane people on this site. Why the heck folks are so wound up about this, is beyond me. My comment about Fed practicing with Henman was very tongue in cheek. Remember how Murray interrupted his interview after the GM match to pull him into a big hug. I agree his commentary was bril. He was also the one who repeatedly rammed it down everyone's throat just how long Fed had been talking about wanting the singles Gold and how focused he had been on getting it, and how fantastic Murray's performance was.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #591 on: November 02, 2012, 01:11 PM »

Teejay1 - it's reassuring to know that there are some sane people on this site. Why the heck folks are so wound up about this, is beyond me. My comment about Fed practicing with Henman was very tongue in cheek. Remember how Murray interrupted his interview after the GM match to pull him into a big hug. I agree his commentary was bril. He was also the one who repeatedly rammed it down everyone's throat just how long Fed had been talking about wanting the singles Gold and how focused he had been on getting it, and how fantastic Murray's performance was.

Thanks. I knew you were being tongue in cheek about Tim lol.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #592 on: November 02, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Seemingly, Andy is already practising in London.  I, for one, think he's better there than playing Tipsy in Paris - good for him.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #593 on: November 02, 2012, 01:58 PM »

The French crowd have always been very, very notorious. They have always hated Nadal and worshipped Federer. The worst crowd the history has ever seen. And they are so consistent at it.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #594 on: November 02, 2012, 02:29 PM »

If you haven't already seen it, here's Andy's post match interview:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/Uploaded/2012/11/1/Paris-2012-Thursday-Murray-Interview.aspx
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #595 on: November 02, 2012, 02:57 PM »

This is insane,I was watching at work and at 7-5 5-4 for Andy my break ended and in the end he lost?
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #596 on: November 02, 2012, 04:42 PM »

With the results we are and have been seeing, it's quite apparent that the major players have little or no interest in the Paris Masters; The latest to fall bing Berdych.

It would appear that they all holding themselves as v**go in***ta for WTF!

Having said that, I am still dismayed that Andy failed to win three successive matches where he held and was serving for match point. This is a weakness that Andy has and must overcome if he is to become no 1.

At the same time, while continuing to provide Andy with our support, we must stop making excuses for him.

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #597 on: November 02, 2012, 04:56 PM »

Bercy in a nutshell. 

IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #598 on: November 02, 2012, 04:58 PM »

I think it would be really stupid of players other than Andy or Novak to not give their all here. They can't all win the WTFs and 1000 ranking points are a lot. Most of them have only one Masters title or none at all, so they should really try to win here, these opportunities don't come around that often. The last time all of the top 4 lost before the semis of a Masters event was in Paris 2008.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #599 on: November 02, 2012, 04:59 PM »

just saw the replay of Andy's match.  Jerzy should not have won -  he was  way too inconsistent.    Andy just simply didn't care enough to win.   it was obvious.   Up  MP   then it went all down hill from there.  simple cheap errors,  cost him.  A bit suspicious don't you think?   and in the TB  he just looked disinterested.  Andy would not have done that in a major.  
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »