Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz

(Read 13825 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #615 on: November 03, 2012, 01:21 PM »

What's the betting that this guy JJ is going to win a masters at his first attempt.? Is he going to be a force to reckon with next season? I shoud'nt think Simon  has any option but to lie down and die and enjoy an injury free Christmas.
  Next week could prove to be Andy's last chance at winning the O2
Why could next week prove to be Andy's last chance?  I'm confident Andy will continue to work on improving his game with Lendl over the coming year.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #616 on: November 03, 2012, 01:35 PM »

Ruthie I couldn't understand the final sentence, he will have many chances of doing so in the coming years.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #617 on: November 03, 2012, 01:42 PM »

Ruthie I couldn't understand the final sentence, he will have many chances of doing so in the coming years.

Not necessarily at the O2, but the WTF is still there next year.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #618 on: November 03, 2012, 01:55 PM »

Let me explain. This new guy seems to have all the shots in his bag and unless he becomes crippled with nerves  or injury he will wipe not only Murray off the court but many more in the current top 10. I've just been watching the match on You Tube and I am mightily impressed with JJ's performance
  JJ is not in the top eight this year but he might be next year. I sincerely hope I'm wrong
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #619 on: November 03, 2012, 01:57 PM »

Well, that's a risk all top players face, but to be honest, I think predictions of him getting top 10, or top 5 aren't for next year.  He'd have to prove himself on a lot more surfaces and in grand slams etc first.  Very long odds on him ending top 8 next year, never mind winning the WTFs.

Good odds on him ending next year top 20.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #620 on: November 03, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Well, that's a risk all top players face, but to be honest, I think predictions of him getting top 10, or top 5 aren't for next year.  He'd have to prove himself on a lot more surfaces and in grand slams etc first.  Very long odds on him ending top 8 next year, never mind winning the WTFs.

Good odds on him ending next year top 20.
Not even sure of that, a lot of water to pass under the bridge!!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #621 on: November 03, 2012, 02:09 PM »

Looks like I was wrong about Simon/JJ! - he seems to be coping fine so far.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #622 on: November 03, 2012, 02:21 PM »

OMG comon Simon this guy scares me im afraid i have to agree with benniebone.I think jj has a great game and will be giving the top guys a run for there money next year deffo.I felt like that when he played against Andy and beat him.I hope im proved wrong but out of all the so called up and coming guys can you tell me one thats won a masters 1000 yet.And this guys come out of nowhere and he may get to the final if he dosent run out of steam in this match,and could even go on and win this tourney.
[ Last edit by caroline November 03, 2012, 02:34 PM ] IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #623 on: November 03, 2012, 03:12 PM »

He's just beat Simon is two sets!! Into the final now.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #624 on: November 03, 2012, 03:18 PM »

I still think you have to allow for the fact he hasn't played that many matches against guys who have been on the main tour for the whole year. He has been playing guys who by and large have not been bothered about winning, who are at the end of a very long year. Yes he might well be the next big thing, but will he beat the top guys when they are fresh, and really focused on winning. Look at the way Raonic can toy with Murray, but in the GS Murray pulverised him. Ditto Berdych. This tournament is such an anomaly, I don't think we can really judge yet.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #625 on: November 03, 2012, 03:25 PM »

Of course it's not the same.  But even allowing for all of the end of year factors, his performance is very impressive and indicative of someone destined for a higher ranking.   It's a sign he has potential to be a top player, not evidence that he will be one.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #626 on: November 03, 2012, 03:26 PM »

I still think you have to allow for the fact he hasn't played that many matches against guys who have been on the main tour for the whole year. He has been playing guys who by and large have not been bothered about winning, who are at the end of a very long year. Yes he might well be the next big thing, but will he beat the top guys when they are fresh, and really focused on winning. Look at the way Raonic can toy with Murray, but in the GS Murray pulverised him. Ditto Berdych. This tournament is such an anomaly, I don't think we can really judge yet.
Well thats something we will have to wait until next year to find out And i agree with you in some ways it's so much harder to beat the top guys over two weeks in a GS,that it is to beat guys in these Masters 1000 event in best of three set matches.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #627 on: November 03, 2012, 03:34 PM »

I don't think it is really about GS v 3 set matches. It is more about the fact that this competition has been a compete farce, so far. I just don't think you can make any real judgements on any bodies performance, be it ND, Murray or Tsonga et al. Much less JJ. Look at Tomic for example, isn't he supposed to be the next best thing? Yet his performance has been average this year. Yes JJ has done well, but the situation is so peculiar I am really not sure just how much can be read into it. If he wins tomorrow it I am sure it will be one of those odd sports questions for pub quizzes. To put it another way, lets not panic yet. Murray gave him that match, as did Tipsaravic.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #628 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36 PM »

So JJ is into the final  Whatever happens I shall be watching his progress next year.
   Beating 4 top 10 players in his first masters Wow! an interesting prospect.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #629 on: November 03, 2012, 03:37 PM »

Remember Tomic at Wimbledon terrific run and took a set off Nole, where is he now. I think we need to wait and see how JJ progresses once the other players read his game. He is undoubtably a talent, but it takes more than talent to reach the top 10 and stay there. He has been very lucky in Paris because of the WTF and the top seeds are no longer there with the exception of Ferrer. Poor Ferrer if he wins the tournament he'll be exhausted for his matches in London.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »