Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Janowicz
Murray in 2 - 17 (81%)
Murray in 3 - 2 (9.5%)
Janowicz in 2 - 1 (4.8%)
Janowicz in 3 - 1 (4.8%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] Go Down Reply
Author

BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz

(Read 11015 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #645 on: November 03, 2012, 05:35 PM »

What in the name of the wee man happened to JJ?

Sorry! Assinine comment from me. I miss read the ATP website. It seemed to state that the winner of the Janowicz/Tipsarevic was Tipsy by withdrawal
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #646 on: November 03, 2012, 05:41 PM »

All of this. ^^ Well said.

How about we wait and see how he does next year before making sweeping statements about how he's going to rule tennis because of one good tournament where none of the top players are remotely bothered about winning?

Clearly a talented player, but f**k me, this is his first remotely good tournament in his career, and he's nearly 22. Look at any of the top 8 and where they were at that age. And not to mention his consistency, which based on this year, I would say is non-existent.

I bet he loses in R1 at the AO, and given that he'll probably now be seeded there, I might well put money on it.

And how many players is there at 21 now, doing what the top 8 did when they were 21? Not many.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #647 on: November 03, 2012, 05:55 PM »

And just to think, if Murray had simple seen the match out at 7-5, 5-4, 40-30 Janowicz would have picked up 115 points and no-one would be hyping him at all. Funny how because a few top players tank a match this guy is suddenly the next big thing.

Come back in a year's time and we'll see how hyped he is.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #648 on: November 03, 2012, 08:52 PM »

And just to think, if Murray had simple seen the match out at 7-5, 5-4, 40-30 Janowicz would have picked up 115 points and no-one would be hyping him at all. Funny how because a few top players tank a match this guy is suddenly the next big thing.

Totally agree, the Paris masters is a freak tournament due to the timing of it, lots of the top players with fatigue, injury or an eye on the WTF.  It always throws up freak results, sincerely hope that Ferrer wins tommorow, Janowicz does have a bit more than a big serve but can't stand the type of tennis it leads to, short rallies, no flair etc.  just boring.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #649 on: November 03, 2012, 10:36 PM »

While I agree that big serving is boring, I think jj does play with flair ie he's more than just a big booming serve.  That said I hope Ferrer wins as he deserves a masters title and he's unlikely to come this close again.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #650 on: November 04, 2012, 06:37 AM »

I am so glad Andy did not win this match because it looks as if he would have ended up going all the way and what would that have done to his chances at  the WTF.  They probably would have expected him to play on  Monday anyway.  Perhaps it was meant to be!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #651 on: November 04, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Congrats to Ferrer, at last someone bringing some sense to this years Paris indoors masters I hope Ferrer gets his rewards in the O2
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #652 on: November 04, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Why are you so mad at this guy? lolol
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #653 on: November 04, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Well done David,rock solid as usual.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #654 on: November 04, 2012, 08:27 PM »

Why are you so mad at this guy? lolol
Nothing against the guy (before this week I actually quite liked him), just can't stand the sensationalism and people getting carried away and making out he's leagues above very good top 20 players (Raonic and Cilic to name but two). It's a massive over-reaction and that's not even taking into account the circumstances surrounding this tournament.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #655 on: November 05, 2012, 12:10 AM »

I think he's of Raonic and Cilic caliber but certainly has a long way to go before he catches them. But I've seen people getting carried away before with other players too. Rosol comes to mind though Rosol's achievement is much bigger since he'd done under different circumstances and in a much bigger tournament, so that's a class above. 

Even though Andy didn't give he's best in this match vs JJ, he played reasonably well in the first two sets. Hard to say how much trouble JJ would have originally caused had Andy been at his best. 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #656 on: November 05, 2012, 07:53 AM »

Having seen Rosol lose to Cilic at Queens, I'd say JJ has a lot more tricks in his magic bag, than he has.
Only time will tell.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #657 on: November 05, 2012, 08:03 AM »

Yes and unlike Rosol he didn't crumple in his next match.  In fact he doesn't look like a crumpler at all.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: BNPPM R3: Murray vs Janowicz « Reply #658 on: November 05, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Rosol's win was absolutely genuine and HUGE when he took THE favourite out in a Major tournament like Wimbledon, where no nonsense was involved. Simply put, he made history on that day. So obviously the attention he received after that was huge as well. Paris, this year, was notorious from the get go when players didn't even give half as effort to win their matches - two very different scenarios IMO.

In any case, I like JJ. If he stays on course he definitely has a lot more to offer than Raonic game-wise or so it seems, but as I’ve already mentioned somewhere else, once you are there, it’s a whole different game. How he’s going to gold up mentally is going to be his biggest testament. That’s where all the talented players like Young, Tomic, Gulbis, Dimitirov etc. are all failing, so time will tell if he’s in for the long haul or short. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »