Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov

(Read 4426 times)
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #255 on: January 08, 2012, 11:45 PM »

Look, people are saying my comments about Murray were underhand, he played well against what was in front of him, to win, a very prestigious and sought after tournament in the Brisbane ATP 250 event.

I am pleased for Murray that he was able to win one in front of his coach and take out a title of such magnitude as I say full credit to him for maximizing his opportunity by sensing the moment (the draw).

- he played well against what was in front of him
- a very prestigious and sought after tournament
- he was able to win one in front of his coach
- a title of such magnitude
- maximizing his opportunity by sensing the moment (the draw).

Oh, deary me you do wax lyrical, dont you?
 fainting

IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #256 on: January 08, 2012, 11:47 PM »

How is that "baiting"? I meant it more for Andy, I mean it has been a great run for him he did what he had to do, you know as top seed he justified that seeding so credit to him for that!

That is a compliment which does not carry the same definition as "baiting" Smile

Give it up, ak!

"A very favourable draw..."

"The prestigious Brisbane ATP event..."

You sound more and more like Frauderer with every post!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #257 on: January 08, 2012, 11:48 PM »

- he played well against what was in front of him
- a very prestigious and sought after tournament
- he was able to win one in front of his coach
- a title of such magnitude
- maximizing his opportunity by sensing the moment (the draw).

Oh, deary me you do wax lyrical, dont you?
 fainting

It's trolling, pure and simple! lol
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #258 on: January 08, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Give it up, ak!

"A very favourable draw..."

"The prestigious Brisbane ATP event..."

You sound more and more like Frauderer with every post!

Of course it is a prestigious event I mean it carries 250 ranking points after all that is not a picnic.

It was a favourable draw but you still have to go out there and execute to bring home the prize and Murray did that so credit to him for that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #259 on: January 08, 2012, 11:51 PM »

And if it is who would you like to win  bearing in mind you are presumably not Swiss?

He wants a Federer vs Murray final not because he likes Andy so much (au contraire) but because only against Murray, Federer has any chance winning another Slam title. He has no chance in hell against both Rafa and Nole.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #260 on: January 08, 2012, 11:54 PM »

If it was possible, AK400 would not only damn Andy with faint praise.
He'd kill him with it  Whistle
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #261 on: January 08, 2012, 11:55 PM »

He wants a Federer vs Murray final not because he likes Andy so much (au contraire) but because only against Murray, Federer has any chance winning another Slam title. He has no chance in hell against both Rafa and Nole.

Roger can beat either Rafa on Novak but you do raise a point in that I do feel at this stage in Roger's career beating them both back to back will be a tough ask mind you it is a tough ask for anyone to beat those two back to back in a major now.

Roger was close in Paris.

But anyway I hope Murray has a good run, and does well, I want Roger to win, but it would be good to see Murray do well, because he does have lovely variety to his game but the longer the wait goes on for a big one the more I guess it feels like a burden to him, if he can get one major I think he could get a few, lets see.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #262 on: January 08, 2012, 11:57 PM »

Of course it is a prestigious event I mean it carries 250 ranking points after all that is not a picnic.

It was a favourable draw but you still have to go out there and execute to bring home the prize and Murray did that so credit to him for that.
You are two sandwiches short of a picnic.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #263 on: January 08, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Lol, you are funny we are on a tennis forum not fishing!

And no he hasnt got me because I never said I was British, nor did I say I was Swiss,

Tennis is about style and what you enjoy watching at the end of the day its not about nationality.In any case my mother is Swiss, and Roger himself is actually only half Swiss but as I say that is by the by!

I don't support Roger because he happens to have a swiss parent like me, I support him because I enjoy watching his tennis! and I love the way he plays the game

Likewise Murray has fans who are not all from Great Britain and if they did want to support him that is fine, nothing hook line and sinker about that either!

Another dig by Ak, everyone.

BTW, tennis is not about style; it's about the style you prefer. I, for instance, don't like Federer's style at all.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #264 on: January 09, 2012, 12:03 AM »

mm
Another dig by Ak, everyone.

BTW, tennis is not about style; it's about the style you prefer. I, for instance, don't like Federer's style at all.

Emma you are a good poster and I think you know the game well but that is no way a dig!

I do love Roger's style of play thats why I support him that does not mean I do not respect Murray's style or Novaks or any other top player!

Making a positive comment about a player does not equate to a dig at anyone else!

That is actually what I meant "the style you prefer" by saying the style and what you enjoy watching, you do not enjoy Federer's style and that is fine that is your preference!

I may not have said my point the way you would have but that for was not a dig.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #265 on: January 09, 2012, 12:03 AM »

You are two sandwiches short of a picnic.

I am more of a pasta man myself.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #266 on: January 09, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Furthermore,
I don't trust any demented, hardcore Fed fan that comes on and says that they they think Nadal and Novak are 'great champions'. In a way that means they must really hate Andy as that is a lot of predjudice to overcome in order to try to appear reasonable here. Reasonably dismissive that is.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #267 on: January 09, 2012, 12:07 AM »

Furthermore,
I don't trust any demented, hardcore Fed fan that comes on and says that they they think Nadal and Novak are 'great champions'. In a way that means they must really hate Andy as that is a lot of predjudice to overcome in order to try to appear reasonable here. Reasonably dismissive that is.

Nadal has won 10 majors, Novak has won 4 majors, I feel like Roger will by far go down as the greater player but to say that to guys who are multiple grand slam winners are not great is not really accurate!

Likewise Murray who comes next in the rankings, and has beaten all the big 3 in Masters play, is IMHO a very good player, with the potential to be great. This year and next year are big years for him.

I personally think he will eventually get a major he is too good a player not to.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #268 on: January 09, 2012, 12:08 AM »

Roger Federer has the best 'Style'  if you appreciate the robotic, precise and cold excellence that is his signature game.
More into Murrays unpredictable, varied, human magic myself.
But that's just me maybe.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #269 on: January 09, 2012, 12:11 AM »

Roger Federer = Weak Era Inflation.
And I mean that 'by far'.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »