Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov

(Read 4186 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #270 on: January 09, 2012, 12:12 AM »

mm
Emma you are a good poster and I think you know the game well but that is no way a dig!
I do love Roger's style of play thats why I support him that does not mean I do not respect Murray's style or Novaks or any other top player!

Making a positive comment about a player does not equate to a dig at anyone else!

That is actually what I meant "the style you prefer" by saying the style and what you enjoy watching, you do not enjoy Federer's style and that is fine that is your preference!

I may not have said my point the way you would have but that for was not a dig.

The burden is on you, buddy to prove your innocence but I am afraid you've dug your hole a bit too far and there's really no coming back.

I'll cut you some slack but in return, you will have to drop the innocent act. It's not sitting well with me at all.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #271 on: January 09, 2012, 12:13 AM »

Roger Federer has the best 'Style'  if you appreciate the robotic, precise and cold excellence that is his signature game.
More into Murrays unpredictable, varied, human magic myself.
But that's just me maybe.

That is totally down to you and what you enjoy!

I personally wouldn’t call Roger robotic and if he does come over that way its maybe because he makes shots that should be incredibly hard look ridiculously easy! He is a very stylish player and his footwork 2006-2007 was some of the best ever seen.

Murray is a great thinker on the court and has an amazing variety and shot selection!
Which I think is a gift in itself and when he is on young that is very nice to watch.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #272 on: January 09, 2012, 12:17 AM »

The burden is on you, buddy to prove your innocence but I am afraid you've dug your hole a bit too far and there's really no coming back.

I'll cut you some slack but in return, you will have to drop the innocent act. It's not sitting well with me at all.

I do not feel like I have anything to prove, but anyway, happy new year to you.

I do think Murray is playing very well indeed, I was impressed with his serve in the semis and finals.

If he played Roger in the final the final stuff may help out Roger as in previous finals for Murray, but watching Murray in the last 6 months something tells me he is turning a corner mentally we won't know till we see him in another major final but that is the feeling I get!

His GS results last year were the most consistent he has ever had so he is going in the right direction!

Yes I do give Roger a shot against him or anyone (I am always an optimist) but I am also a realist and the form Murray is in now, Roger will have to play some of his best tennis to stop him as on those slow hard courts I can see Murray hitting to Rogers backhand and Roger trying to get onto the forehand and run around it, it would be great viewing!

Heres for a great tournament I cannot wait Smile
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #273 on: January 09, 2012, 12:19 AM »

Nadal has won 10 majors, Novak has won 4 majors, I feel like Roger will by far go down as the greater player but to say that to guys who are multiple grand slam winners are not great is not really accurate!

Likewise Murray who comes next in the rankings, and has beaten all the big 3 in Masters play, is IMHO a very good player, with the potential to be great. This year and next year are big years for him.

I personally think he will eventually get a major he is too good a player not to.

That's sweet. I got all misty eye after reading it.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #274 on: January 09, 2012, 12:23 AM »

He appears robotic to me because he is precisely predictable.
Yes it's very stylish and he's as graceful as a ballerina from the Bolshoi.
But I usually know what's coming next. I can feel it, and I'm rarely surprised.
Pattern after Pattern after Pattern.
Excellent, exquisite sometimes, but not my thing.
Murray is so much more aware, as I said he is the 'human' from the top 4.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #275 on: January 09, 2012, 12:26 AM »

And if it is who would you like to win  bearing in mind you are presumably not Swiss?

I previously responded to MT saying "hook, line and sinker" meaning they had been sucked in.  Apparently some other nameless poster thought this was a response to their post.

And there I was thinking this was an intelligent forum.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #276 on: January 09, 2012, 12:30 AM »

He appears robotic to me because he is precisely predictable.
Yes it's very stylish and he's as graceful as a ballerina from the Bolshoi.
But I usually know what's coming next. I can feel it, and I'm rarely surprised.
Pattern after Pattern after Pattern.
Excellent, exquisite sometimes, but not my thing.
Murray is so much more aware, as I said he is the 'human' from the top 4.

I will give you that, although I will say that maybe not so much now but maybe 2005 and 2006 when Roger was at the very top of the game he would pull out at least one I would call it wow factor shot! that would make your jaw drop I don’t think that was too predictable, be it a shot around the net or something equally spectacular like his amazing lob from behind him on the run against Agassi in Dubai.

I do agree that Murray has the best court awareness and variety it does make him a very good player to watch I watched him live US Open in 2008 when he beat Wawrinka in straight sets. It was an awesome display Stan was not hitting it badly at all but Murray just had too much game for him Stan did not know what was coming next and was never really in position.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #277 on: January 09, 2012, 12:30 AM »

Ak registered on this forum on November 18, 2011. I registered on November 1st. Just checked out of curiosity.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #278 on: January 09, 2012, 12:41 AM »

HeHeHe you're a funny one AK400,
More fish than fowl perhaps but I just can't bring myself to go all out on you.
At least not yet.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #279 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26 AM »

Sure. Will have to see how things pan out for us. I have a close friend's wedding around that time - other than that, the coast seems clear.
Oh well... too bad it's a close friend....
I actually went to Andy's match wearing my bridesmaid dress. Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #280 on: January 09, 2012, 10:46 AM »

You know AK400s posts and opinions certainly keep the posts going between competitions - not that I am a conspiracy theorist!!!
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #281 on: January 09, 2012, 02:47 PM »

i personally dont dislike the way federer plays, he is very majestic and natural.

what i do not like is his ice cold mentallity, and his snide remarks...usually aimed at murray
i also disliked the way he blatantly forced murray out of the O2 the other year by losing to del potro

i used to like him before that
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #282 on: January 09, 2012, 04:21 PM »

I love Fed's style of play. If you love tennis how could you not? He is in my top 5 ever. However, I don't like his behaviour off court. Or on actually when he brings gold bags and jackets with him....However, on court he is pretty exemplary most times, has no tics, doesn't swear much, doesn't time waste, rarely argues etc.
Federer fans don't seem to be able to accept the fact that people can love his game, without loving the man.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #283 on: January 09, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Oh well... too bad it's a close friend....
I actually went to Andy's match wearing my bridesmaid dress. Wink and a kiss

A lot of the bridesmaid dresses are pretty wearable on other occasions. I wore only jeans and a short white t-shirt. I did take a heavy jacket with me but that day was so muggy that I didn't even have to wear it. But it was sooooooo worth it. I finally got to see my Andy!

In 2008, I ened up watching Federer vs Mallisse (I know, shock horror! but I had little choice as I went with a group) and the following match and it was bloody cold! I wore a black skirt and a small jeans jacket and that wasn't enough at all. I ended up cheering for Malisse a lot in order to keep myself warm. innocent A lot of Fed fans gave me a very long and cold look including my own group but I told them, I was really fond of Malisse. lololol. The first set was very competitive but the in the 2nd, Malisse completely fizzled. Horrible experience overall. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #284 on: January 09, 2012, 05:34 PM »

i personally dont dislike the way federer plays, he is very majestic and natural.

what i do not like is his ice cold mentallity, and his snide remarks...usually aimed at murray
i also disliked the way he blatantly forced murray out of the O2 the other year by losing to del potro

i used to like him before that

Federer didn't have to work hard for his game. It came naturally to him. I can't give much credit to him because of it. It's pretty much like being born beautiful. Something that is out of your control even in the case who owns it. You can't say he or she really earned it. But the worst part is, when Nadal came into the picture and challenged him, he was unable to adjust his game because he wasn’t used to it and that's because he never had to learn it in the first place.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »