Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov

(Read 4172 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #285 on: January 09, 2012, 05:47 PM »

I love Fed's style of play. If you love tennis how could you not? He is in my top 5 ever. However, I don't like his behaviour off court. Or on actually when he brings gold bags and jackets with him....However, on court he is pretty exemplary most times, has no tics, doesn't swear much, doesn't time waste, rarely argues etc.
Federer fans don't seem to be able to accept the fact that people can love his game, without loving the man.

Becasue ultimately it's a matter of preference. You get to choose and you do. Beauty, after all, lie in the eye of the beholder.

And it doesn’t matter if he is pretty exemplary on court most times (actually he was short tempered and would throw temper tantrum in his earlier days but ever since he started winning, he sobered up), his off court behaviour should be equally important. If you take everything into account, he's really not a good person for many reasons. To me, it matters the most. To others, they probably don't care as much, because they identify themselves with the winner the most. The winner takes it all as they say. It's a very strange world we live in, really.  
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #286 on: January 09, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Don't agree with that at all. You must  judge how he plays the game on court that's all. I can accept that some people don't like the way he plays too but they are in a very small minority. I also think there are external truths/standards which can you apply to the beautiful game as well as morality etc.
Your phrase "really not a good person" is such a totally subjective judgement that I'm amazed that you feel free to apply it to someone you don't know personally and who isn't, as far as I know a wife/child beater/ a person/animal torturer/a mass murderer etc etc.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #287 on: January 09, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Don't agree with that at all. You must  judge how he plays the game on court that's all. I can accept that some people don't like the way he plays too but they are in a very small minority. I also think there are external truths/standards which can you apply to the beautiful game as well as morality etc.

Your phrase "really not a good person" is such a totally subjective judgement that I'm amazed that you feel free to apply it to someone you don't know personally and who isn't, as far as I know a wife/child beater/ a person/animal torturer/a mass murderer etc etc.

But why do I have to know him personally? Is it a personal matter that we are talking about? When I talked about his off court behaviour, I didn't mean he's not good to his wife. What I meant is all strictly in tennis term. He's unable to give any credit to his peers; his comments are generally that of an arrogant. He's completely and utterly conceited. He is fully capable of sabotaging someone’s career with his words. He’s the worst champion ever.

As to his game, well, it’s still very subjective and a matter of personal preference. He plays an attacking game and most people, in general, prefer that sort of game. And most people are of mediocre taste. A thoughtful game would be beyond them. Do you know that Andy is known as a ‘pusher’ to the same bunch who worship Federer? In any case, it doesn’t make the game itself the ideal game or the most beautiful game just because it’s very attacking and most people like it. That logic is flawed. Personally I feel it’s a bunch of crap those who say so.

Indeed Federer drew many fans but these fans are also casual fans who will leave the sport once Federer retires, so what they like or prefer isn’t the ultimate guideline here of a tennis game. Sorry.  
[ Last edit by -Emma- January 09, 2012, 07:03 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #288 on: January 09, 2012, 07:11 PM »

Wicked how only a Federer fan would want to see a final between him and Murray. Two reasons, Federer will be able to beat Andy as Andy still has his own demons to fight against first; 2nd, Ak will be able to come here and show us once again how Andy is inferior to Federer. And claim again while he's a good player but not a great one. Doesn't surprise me to the least though that a Fed fan would go this far to prove a point and on a forum where it's mostly fan based of the opposite player.

I've been keeping an eye on MTF for a while though I don’t post there and I've noticed that every time Nadal lost, every time the forum would rack up the most posts and viewing. And if you dig deeper, you’d see most posts are by Federer fans thrashing Nadal left and right. Talk about trolls everywhere.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #289 on: January 09, 2012, 07:47 PM »

Wait a minute.... akwho not even here and all I see is Fed talk.....
Take a deep breath and try to move on because you just know someone is going to be very pleased when they see what's happened to this thread.
Now.. who wants to talk about Andy? Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #290 on: January 09, 2012, 07:56 PM »

A lot of the bridesmaid dresses are pretty wearable on other occasions.

I was kidding, silly. hug
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #291 on: January 10, 2012, 01:29 AM »

I was kidding, silly. hug

You completely fooled me there and in front of everybody! See, you don't live too far from me and maybe we should meet so that we can face off.  In front of Andy. Sword fight

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #292 on: January 10, 2012, 07:05 AM »

Wait a minute.... akwho not even here and all I see is Fed talk.....
Take a deep breath and try to move on because you just know someone is going to be very pleased when they see what's happened to this thread.
Now.. who wants to talk about Andy? Smile

Of course I do thumb up  :
I think Andy is as talented as Federer, however, and this has been said many times, Fed is an instinctive player on court, whereas Andy thinks too much. Fed also appears to have bags of confidence, even when he loses! Andy talks the talk as far as his ability goes, but does not seem to walk the walk on occasion.
Probably  due to all sorts of things - parents, class, Dunblane etc who knows?
A Swiss/South African combo would produce a pretty confident/arrogant individual in itself, I'd have thought also.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #293 on: January 10, 2012, 06:34 PM »

Being a thinker on court works in a more powerful way than relying purely on instinct. If Roger is losing a match he's going to try and play better to get through it and it might work, but quite often it will not. But Murray can and does change his approach to get the win with new tactics, this is one of the reasons you see him drop a set quite often but come back so strong in the final 2 sets. As long as he can maintain a positive attitude and not think too much ie think his way into a negative scenario im sure it is an advantage. I'd like to think that being a thinker has its rewards in even this world.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #294 on: January 10, 2012, 06:38 PM »

But he shouldn't be too thoughtful in finals against whoever.
He has to go for it with all guns blazing. This was his problem in the AO final with Federer, he was being tentative waiting for mistakes but none were coming, he must be brave and play positively, that should be the 'thought process' at that stage.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Brisbane 2012 FINAL - Murray vs Dologpolov « Reply #295 on: January 10, 2012, 07:04 PM »

I agree theycanbillme, and hopefully Lendl can help him do that.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »