Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us?

(Read 674 times)
batz

Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « on: December 29, 2012, 11:54 AM »

There is a advert on the bottom left corner of atpworldtour.com for a livestream from Brisbane "Featuring Andy Murray.....".  The ad uses a picture of Andy.  When you click on the link, you are taken to tennistv.com - all good so far.

Trouble is, while tennistv are covering Brisbane; if you dig deep they are only covering the WTA matches.  A search of available ATP 250 matches for the year does not include Brisbane.

Now, either a simple mistake has been made and tennistv.com will be covering ATP @ Brisbane or the ATP marketing bods are at it big-style, and are knowingly adverstising a service that does not exist.  Moreover, some people might just click on the link and subscribe with the not unreasonable belief that they will be getting to see ATP Brisbane, and not WTA - the actual service that is currently offered.

I've contacted tennistv.com to ask for clarification - in the meantime I would suggest that nobody subscribes to tennnistv on the premise of seeing Andy in Brisbane.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 12:54 PM »

They obviously want to lie to get more viewers as there is an increased fan base watching ATP rather than WTA.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 12:56 PM »

Also just discovered that my favourite site for watching tennis, LiveScoreHunter is only showing ATP doubles matches.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 01:00 PM »

I guess I will just have to wait for Melbourne. Never mind I can always watch some of my video's of Andy.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 01:18 PM »

Also just discovered that my favourite site for watching tennis, LiveScoreHunter is only showing ATP doubles matches.

I'm sure they'll show singles once the main draw starts.

No help for Brisbane, but Eurosport player is only £1.99 per month (minimum 12 months), down from £2.99 if you sign up by 3/1/13. They're showing some Hopman Cup, then AO. Also good for catch up.

Batz, I also spotted that Tennis TV was only showing WTA for Brisbane, but the link you mention is misleading. I hope you get a response.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 01:28 PM »

Eurosport are also showing Doha.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 03:09 PM »

Eurosport are also showing Doha.

Thanks, can't seem to find a proper schedule for Eurosport Player at the moment!

What have ATP done to live scores though? Taking up far too much space, and keeps reverting to their featured match when trying to follow another one. Doesn't give rankings on H2H. Horrible!
IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Re: Brisbane and Tennistv - are the ATP trying to scam us? « Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Is it on Sky?
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »