Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your match result prediction?
Andy in 2 - 13 (43.3%)
Andy in 3 - 15 (50%)
Dimitrov in 2 - 2 (6.7%)
Dimitrov in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov

(Read 13475 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #60 on: January 05, 2013, 09:08 PM »

C u at 4 Linda, actually I think I will chance getting up bout half past, there's no way that other final will be wrapped up in an hour surely? Eileen I will only catch live matches at weekend in AO. There's no way I can be doing this carry on when I have work in mornings. Unfortunately I have to work if I've to save money to go watch our Andy playing live over next few years  w00t
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #61 on: January 05, 2013, 09:11 PM »

I doubt I'll get up to watch, especially given the uncertainty of the start time, which I think will be nearer 5 am than 4 am.  Also haven't been too well this week, so need my rest - especially with the AO coming up!
Sorry to hear you're not well. We'll miss you at 4 am but its best you get well soon.
Dont worry, we will be your representatives "in spirit" at the Final!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #62 on: January 05, 2013, 09:28 PM »

Seen as its my last night where I can effectively stay up late before school starts again I will go to bet at about 2am and then set alarm for 4am, will probably watch on laptop in bed.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #63 on: January 05, 2013, 09:30 PM »

There are certainly ways in which the Brisbane organisers can make the final a nice viewing experience for worldwide viewers without having to slug out of bed at ridiculous times like 4am.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #64 on: January 05, 2013, 09:34 PM »

I'll be here. Sorry you've been sick, Aileen. Wishing you a speedy recovery. hug
Sorry to hear you're not well. We'll miss you at 4 am but its best you get well soon.
Dont worry, we will be your representatives "in spirit" at the Final!
Thank you both for your good wishes. hug  Been a touch of this Novovirus that's doing the rounds, I think.  It's certainly not due to Festive over-indulgence!

Please do give Andy a few c'mons from me - and a good hard kick if he needs it! Whistle
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #65 on: January 05, 2013, 09:41 PM »

There are certainly ways in which the Brisbane organisers can make the final a nice viewing experience for worldwide viewers without having to slug out of bed at ridiculous times like 4am.
At least the AO final is shown at a fairly respectable hour, 8:15 am, taking viewers in the Northern Hemisphere into account - but spare a thought for folk in Oz and NZ when it comes to matches in the UK and Europe.  Nobody makes any concessions for them.  E.g. The Wimbledon final starts at 2 pm, so that's the middle of the night there.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #66 on: January 05, 2013, 09:54 PM »

Murray has been dire this week, so it could go either way.

Dire and won - usual Boogers!
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #67 on: January 05, 2013, 10:03 PM »

I'll be here. Sorry you've been sick, Aileen. Wishing you a speedy recovery. hug
yes hope you feel better very soon  think i will set alarm for 4 or is that to late ?
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #68 on: January 05, 2013, 10:06 PM »

Just now getting to see the semi final. Probably have to watch live update for the final. I did watch grigor and baggy, tough match lots of shots. Hope it all makes grigor tired, but the excitement of being in the final will probably take away the tiredness.

Last night I had computer problems and had a tech support guy take over my computer by remote. At the same time I was watching the live update, my nerves were at their wits end. Obviously the guy got rid of my cookies and now I can't log in to murraysworld so trying to redo my password.

So good luck Andy make it easy on yourself and us fans by coming out strong and not getting behind in the beginning. Let your racquet do the talking and come away the winner!!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 10:51 PM »

Well I had set my recorder to play highlight programmes on ESPN Fri and Sat as I've been away and there was nothing there so can only think they scrapped the programmes. I'm really annoyed having shelled out my £10 to get ESPN this month.   Perhaps will try recording both the live match [and next programme given people seem sceptical it will start at 4am] and the replay later in the morning.  So Andy do the business to make it worthwhile.  That said I'm a fan of Dimitrov. I think he's a very good player who seems to be getting better and better and when I've seen him interviewed he has come across as a very nice modest guy.  But still want Andy to win of course.

Oh and Poppy the only people showing all the AO are Eurosport.  BBC will show last few days only.  Sky doesn't cover this major.

Ruthie it did all change on Friday.  Where the Brisbane tennis was it changed to wta. They decided to show more live Brisbane which I managed to record no problem. You should be fine if you have set it up for as is tomorrow.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #70 on: January 05, 2013, 11:13 PM »

yes hope you feel better very soon  think i will set alarm for 4 or is that to late ?
Thanks. Smile  I really can't see a mens' dubs final being over in 1 hour, and the banner on here is merely citing the schedule on the tournament website.  I think 5 am is more realistic, but obviously it's sensible to keep checking MW regularly.  4 am would though be a wise time to set the alarm to give yourself a chance to waken up properly!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #71 on: January 06, 2013, 01:16 AM »

4am again? NOT SLEPT YET!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #72 on: January 06, 2013, 01:18 AM »

No Bev, its at my own accord. I have had a nasty cough, sick etc rage and only just got rid of it but my sleeping patterns were terrible and I barely slept a wink. Luckily though I have decided I will sleep before and after the final, so I still get to watch, but I still get a sufficient amount of sleep.

goodjob
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #73 on: January 06, 2013, 01:20 AM »

Grigor can certainly open his mouth as wide as Andy does when he yells! Very Happy  But he can smile -

I was hoping his doubles after his singles match might have tired him out a bit, but I'd forgotten he was due to play with Nishikori, so I'm thinking he'll be pretty pumped up after his win over Baggy.  Andy really is going to have to get on top of things pdq here.

He's actually one of the few that has a good picture on the ATP website!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #74 on: January 06, 2013, 01:22 AM »

At least the AO final is shown at a fairly respectable hour, 8:15 am, taking viewers in the Northern Hemisphere into account - but spare a thought for folk in Oz and NZ when it comes to matches in the UK and Europe.  Nobody makes any concessions for them.  E.g. The Wimbledon final starts at 2 pm, so that's the middle of the night there.

yes  And it's probably only finals that we have some idea of times.  Rest is pure guess work Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »