Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your match result prediction?
Andy in 2 - 13 (43.3%)
Andy in 3 - 15 (50%)
Dimitrov in 2 - 2 (6.7%)
Dimitrov in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov

(Read 12061 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 10:12 AM »

Murray has been dire this week, so it could go either way.
My little ray of sunshine!!!!!
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 10:14 AM »

My little ray of sunshine!!!!!

I love this line Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 10:15 AM »

You just have to go to sleep very early and wake for the match Smile

I might do that actually. I then if it is a quickie, at least have a few more hours to rest up.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 10:16 AM »

Oh yeah and glad to see someone apart from myself has put the OBE in match thread title rule I initiated the other day, to good use.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 10:18 AM »

Set the alarm, but I could always sleep over the noise.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 10:38 AM »

I cant watch for a definite because school starts the day after and so I have to at least get some sleep.

hug  A parent thing or just trying to be sensible?  I'd go to bed earlier if your parents will let you watch.  I've often got up early hours to watch tennis and then go off to work yawn
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #21 on: January 05, 2013, 10:41 AM »

He will have a tough match on his hands in tomorrow's men's final, but I still think it is going to be an easy victory Smile

confused
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #22 on: January 05, 2013, 10:46 AM »

hug  A parent thing or just trying to be sensible?  I'd go to bed earlier if your parents will let you watch.  I've often got up early hours to watch tennis and then go off to work yawn

No Bev, its at my own accord. I have had a nasty cough, sick etc rage and only just got rid of it but my sleeping patterns were terrible and I barely slept a wink. Luckily though I have decided I will sleep before and after the final, so I still get to watch, but I still get a sufficient amount of sleep.
IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 10:54 AM »

Set the alarm, but I could always sleep over the noise.

Set two alarms lol

Oh yeah and glad to see someone apart from myself has put the OBE in match thread title rule I initiated the other day, to good use.

It should be used properly,shouldnt it?

I might do that actually. I then if it is a quickie, at least have a few more hours to rest up.

I do regularly this time of the year.

confused

Well that didnt come up very good,did it? lol
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 12:31 PM »

Getting conflicting reports on match start time. Have heard 12, 2,3 & 4 am all in space of a few hours. Anyone know for sure?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 12:34 PM »

Getting conflicting reports on match start time. Have heard 12, 2,3 & 4 am all in space of a few hours. Anyone know for sure?

Tournament website says not before 2pm local time, so 4am UK
http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/schedule-0601.pdf
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 12:41 PM »

Thanks Elena! As Eileen said though the doubles match before it could easily take longer  than 1 hour so we may have a bit of a wait again, which is a total pain when you have had to get up in middle of night  zz I'm already looking like a zombie  shocking
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #27 on: January 05, 2013, 01:07 PM »

I think it's cute for the first week of the season while it's new and fun, but personally, I think it risks looking naff/pompous if it continues all year.

I'm pleased that so far Andy's opponents all play with different styles, testing challenging different aspects of his game and tomorrow's final will be no different.  Or rather it will be different. Whistle

Following on from a conversation earlier in the week about Andy's level of play, he seems sensible enough to know he's got things to work on, but at risk of offending the locals, Brisbane is a warm up tournament for the AO, and the year as a whole, so I'm mainly hoping for a good match and a good showing from Andy tomorrow.  Obviously, I'd love a win, but the style in which he plays may be more important than the actual result.  Having said that, there would be something very nice about having another title to add to the list, and it's a good psychological start to the year.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #28 on: January 05, 2013, 01:42 PM »

Agree with you Sparkle about the OBE.

Andy's interviews have been great this week, even when asked the same questions, he's come up with really good answers.

After Istomin (Ithink) he was asked if he was rusty coming in to Brisbane, he said no - he's done loads of training and playing sets, but it is the intensity of matches you have to get used to again. Things you can't replicate in practice - like nerves at certain points. Also how it takes the body time to adjust at the start of the season and after a lot of travelling.

Yesterday he said he'd watched Dimitrov playing, but it's not until you're on court that you really know how the other guy plays. On TV you can't see how hard the ball is coming at you, or how much slice there is etc. Maybe some of we armchair critics should take note! Even after a year on MW I was quite surprised how jittery some posters were when Andy was down one break at the start of the Nishikori match.

He also commented on the number of injuries there have been already, and how players have to be careful leading into slams. Brisbane has suffered with Azarenka withdrawing just before her SF with Serena, then Nishi retiring from singles and withdrawing from doubles SFs today. Better that Andy doesn't go all out in this and stays healthy.

End of long post!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #29 on: January 05, 2013, 01:56 PM »

Come on Andy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »