Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your match result prediction?
Andy in 2 - 13 (43.3%)
Andy in 3 - 15 (50%)
Dimitrov in 2 - 2 (6.7%)
Dimitrov in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov

(Read 12262 times)
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #30 on: January 05, 2013, 02:20 PM »

I love this time of the year when all the tennis is in January where i dont have to worry about alarms and all that.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #31 on: January 05, 2013, 03:04 PM »

I don't think Andy has been that bad this week. He had a momentary blip against Millman and sorted it out. He was pretty good against Istomin, and knee or not I think he would have more or less walked over Nishikori. Again, he appeared to wobble at the start there, but he sorted it by winning five games on the trot. As someone in the crowd at the USO said when Andy was playing Cilic, it's not how you start, it's how you finish, and Andy isn't finished yet in Brisbane.

I think Andy is looking good ahead of the AO. Sure, there are some improvements to be made, but that is the purpose of these warm up tournaments. I wouldn't want to see him playing a blinder in Brisbane to then be average in Melbourne.

On balance I like Dimitrov's game. He's definitely got something about him. That said, I don't think he moves quite as well as Andy (frankly, not many do now). I'm also not altogether convinced that he always has a plan B available when plan A isn't going so well, at least he hasn't when I've watched him.

If Andy comes out flying from the off I reckon he could do it in straights. However, in reality I think he'll do it in three.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #32 on: January 05, 2013, 03:56 PM »

I love this time of the year when all the tennis is in January where i dont have to worry about alarms and all that.

Lucky you....
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #33 on: January 05, 2013, 04:48 PM »

I don't think Andy has played that bad either considering it's the first competitive tournament of the year.

I did notice Dimitrov has beefed up his serve and groundies are heavier and some of the angles he generates made life really difficult for his opponents this week - although I have to say, Raonic and Baggy are not in the same class as Andy defensively but the Bulgarian is looking good so far.

Hope Andy can add another title to his name tomorrow. Whether he's playing well is irrelevant - it's all about getting matches in and peaking for AO at the right time.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #34 on: January 05, 2013, 05:37 PM »

I don't think Andy has been that bad this week. He had a momentary blip against Millman and sorted it out. He was pretty good against Istomin, and knee or not I think he would have more or less walked over Nishikori. Again, he appeared to wobble at the start there, but he sorted it by winning five games on the trot. As someone in the crowd at the USO said when Andy was playing Cilic, it's not how you start, it's how you finish, and Andy isn't finished yet in Brisbane.

I think Andy is looking good ahead of the AO. Sure, there are some improvements to be made, but that is the purpose of these warm up tournaments. I wouldn't want to see him playing a blinder in Brisbane to then be average in Melbourne.

On balance I like Dimitrov's game. He's definitely got something about him. That said, I don't think he moves quite as well as Andy (frankly, not many do now). I'm also not altogether convinced that he always has a plan B available when plan A isn't going so well, at least he hasn't when I've watched him.

If Andy comes out flying from the off I reckon he could do it in straights. However, in reality I think he'll do it in three.

Forgot to say, Dimitrov is a bit pretty, which sort of helps, but I'm not taken in by such things lol.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #35 on: January 05, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Yeah he is a bit of a looker I noticed - in a pretty boy sort of way  Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #36 on: January 05, 2013, 05:45 PM »

Yeah he is a bit of a looker I noticed - in a pretty boy sort of way  Whistle

That's exactly right. Like Andy, Dimitrov is a tiny bit too young for me. Can't handle feeling like a cradle snatcher lol.
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #37 on: January 05, 2013, 05:54 PM »

can anyone confirm for me thats is 4am gmt please  have tried to look and work out the times .omg i hope not means i will have to get up again at 315 am but looking ont he bright side at least no work tom
IP Logged
Poppy_lulu

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #38 on: January 05, 2013, 05:59 PM »

Can anyone help with where I can record the match?! Eurosport only appears to be showing WTA and Doha final
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #39 on: January 05, 2013, 06:13 PM »

can anyone confirm for me thats is 4am gmt please  have tried to look and work out the times .omg i hope not means i will have to get up again at 315 am but looking ont he bright side at least no work tom
yes I think it is 4 am Audie - prob a bit later as the doubles final is on b4 at 3 am! Look on the bright side at least you will see the entire match & u can always go back to bed after  zz
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 06:16 PM »

quote author=Poppy_lulu link=topic=24434.msg822497#msg822497 date=1357408795]
Can anyone help with where I can record the match?! Eurosport only appears to be showing WTA and Doha final
welcome poppy lulu   wave if you have ESPN channel 417 its on there, otherwise it would need to be a live stream Frown
[ Last edit by angiebabez January 05, 2013, 06:20 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #41 on: January 05, 2013, 06:19 PM »

That's exactly right. Like Andy, Dimitrov is a tiny bit too young for me. Can't handle feeling like a cradle snatcher lol.
I wouldn't say no to any of them lol Wink toy boys are all the rage these days  w00t
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #42 on: January 05, 2013, 06:29 PM »

yes I think it is 4 am Audie - prob a bit later as the doubles final is on b4 at 3 am! Look on the bright side at least you will see the entire match & u can always go back to bed after  zz
thanks angie think il get up at 4ish then  if i can , good old livescore hunter  links thats how i will be watching
IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #43 on: January 05, 2013, 06:30 PM »

I wouldn't say no to any of them lol Wink toy boys are all the rage these days  w00t
oooh andy and some of the others could make this old lady very happy as well
IP Logged
Poppy_lulu

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #44 on: January 05, 2013, 06:31 PM »

Thank u angiebabez! I dont think I do have ESPN no, I would have found it by now I think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »