Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your match result prediction?
Andy in 2 - 13 (43.3%)
Andy in 3 - 15 (50%)
Dimitrov in 2 - 2 (6.7%)
Dimitrov in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov

(Read 13505 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #525 on: January 06, 2013, 11:26 PM »

Although I'm not so sure about the use of the word 'benign' to describe some of your comments.

Historically? Fair cop.

This week? The right adjective.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #526 on: January 06, 2013, 11:30 PM »

You may be right, Aileen. There are a bunch of people here who appear to be realists or pessimists  (Joe, Clydey, MadHatter, etc.) who have ways of coping.

What irritates me is that I don't think anyone has been pessimistic at all this week.
I have, although I've never expressed it on here because I didn't see any of the matches, but your reports and the reports in the media weren't exactly confidence inspiring for a player who's just been idolised for his Olympic and USO wins - but then, like everyone else, I didn't know about Ross's illness.

It actually says a lot for Andy that he was able to shut down his emotions sufficiently to enable him to win his matches and the tournament, even although the knowledge that Ross was watching may well have spurred him on.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #527 on: January 06, 2013, 11:32 PM »

If I had achieved number 2 or 3 in the world at anything, and I went online and read that my 'fans' who have achieved jack **** were saying crap about me - personally, I'd be pissing myself laughing.  I hope Andy does the same. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #528 on: January 06, 2013, 11:35 PM »

Is that true?  Maybe he thought Phil knew?  There's a massive difference.
Are you saying I'm making an unfair assumption? Well at least it's not an assumption that involves accusing someone of insensitivity towards those suffering of cancer.
[ Last edit by Mark January 06, 2013, 11:39 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #529 on: January 06, 2013, 11:35 PM »

Historically? Fair cop.

This week? The right adjective.

Kind and gentle?   
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #530 on: January 06, 2013, 11:37 PM »

Are you saying I'm making an unfair assumption? Well at least it's not an assumption that involves accusing someone of insensitivity towards those suffering of cancer.
No, no - you misunderstand me.  I was just asking if he knew it for a fact.  And that's a low blow, Mark, you know I'm not like that.
[ Last edit by Elly January 06, 2013, 11:41 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #531 on: January 06, 2013, 11:43 PM »

If I had achieved number 2 or 3 in the world at anything, and I went online and read that my 'fans' who have achieved jack sh*t were saying crap about me - personally, I'd be pissing myself laughing.  I hope Andy does the same. 
With respect, that is utter ********.

What people watching his matches have achieved means the square root of **** all. People comment on his performances, it's not a crime. If he plays badly or has a poor spell people will pick up on it. It's realism, instead of blindly happy clapping everything and pretending he is completely fautless.

Personally I've been quite positive all week, bar getting a little worried during the first round match when he was playing quite dreadful for a spell. But yeah, how dare anyone observe a poor patch in a match, let's just wilfully ignore reality and only comment on things he does well.

Nothing wrong with observing a poor spell or performance whatsoever.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #532 on: January 06, 2013, 11:51 PM »

With respect, that is utter boll**ks.

What people watching his matches have achieved means the square root of f**k all. People comment on his performances, it's not a crime. If he plays badly or has a poor spell people will pick up on it. It's realism, instead of blindly happy clapping everything and pretending he is completely fautless.

Personally I've been quite positive all week, bar getting a little worried during the first round match when he was playing quite dreadful for a spell. But yeah, how dare anyone observe a poor patch in a match, let's just wilfully ignore reality and only comment on things he does well.

Nothing wrong with observing a poor spell or performance whatsoever.
I wonder how you would feel if a stream of people came to your work every day and some slagged you off and told you you were **** today.  I'm not a blind Andy fan.  Nothing wrong with observing a poor spell or performance.  Something very wrong with turning it into a slagfest. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #533 on: January 06, 2013, 11:55 PM »

I wonder how you would feel if a stream of people came to your work every day and some slagged you off and told you you were sh*t today.  I'm not a blind Andy fan.  Nothing wrong with observing a poor spell or performance.  Something very wrong with turning it into a slagfest. 
What a strange and utterly irrelevant argument.

The only people who have turned it into a slagfest are the ones taking Boogers' off-the-cuff comment way out of proportion.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #534 on: January 06, 2013, 11:58 PM »

What a strange and utterly irrelevant argument.

The only people who have turned it into a slagfest are the ones taking Boogers' off-the-cuff comment way out of proportion.
That's your opinion, which you're entitled to. I don't think my argument is strange or irrelevant.  Andy is a human being doing a job, the same as you and me.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #535 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00 AM »

I can't be bothered to delete most of Boogers' defence of his smartass remarks about Andy, therefore I will pick out his remark referring to me as suffering from "superlative cretinism."    Boogers you seem unable to tolerate people who don't think as you do and don't express themselves in your style, and you revert to insults.    That does not make a good debate.   Try defending yourself without insulting others.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #536 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00 AM »

Yet Boogers has made a rod for his own back has he not? previous form suggests otherwise, something he even admitted to a page or 2 back, jumping to his defence this week is not why people are arguing, it's just another argument about the same topic that has been bought up countless times before.

The first week into the new season in a week where the guy we support won a title and look at this farce. page after page of name calling, finger pointing and mud slinging. Says more about us than it does about Andy to be honest, there is an obvious problem here that needs sorting out, i really doubt any of us want to spend minutes of our lives arguing over the intenet.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #537 on: January 07, 2013, 12:00 AM »

Yet Boogers has made a rod for his own back has he not? previous form suggests otherwise, something he even admitted to a page or 2 back, jumping to his defence this week is not why people are arguing, it's just another argument about the same topic that has been bought up countless times before.

The first week into the new season in a week where the guy we support won a title and look at this farce. page after page of name calling, finger pointing and mud slinging. Says more about us than it does about Andy to be honest, there is an obvious problem here that needs sorting out, i really doubt any of us want to spend minutes of our lives arguing over the intenet.
kiss
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #538 on: January 07, 2013, 12:06 AM »

That's your opinion, which you're entitled to. I don't think my argument is strange or irrelevant.  Andy is a human being doing a job, the same as you and me.
He's a professional sportsman competing on a global stage televised to millions. Of course people are going to comment on how he plays, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with noting when he's not playing that well, and it's quite frankly a little bit odd how many people get angry at others for daring to even mention if he hasn't been absolutely perfect.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #539 on: January 07, 2013, 12:07 AM »

Couldn't agree more. People need to stop getting so wound up because someone has a different opinion to them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »