Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your match result prediction?
Andy in 2 - 13 (43.3%)
Andy in 3 - 15 (50%)
Dimitrov in 2 - 2 (6.7%)
Dimitrov in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov

(Read 13652 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #540 on: January 07, 2013, 12:08 AM »

Yet Boogers has made a rod for his own back has he not? previous form suggests otherwise, something he even admitted to a page or 2 back, jumping to his defence this week is not why people are arguing, it's just another argument about the same topic that has been bought up countless times before.
this farce. page after page of name calling, finger pointing and mud slinging. Says more about us than it does about Andy to be honest, there is an obvious problem here that needs sorting out, i really doubt any of us want to spend minutes of our lives arguing over the intenet.

I don't think it is a problem which can be sorted out.    A group of people leap to defend Boogers
who objects to a group of people leaping to defend Andy Murray.   It's called closing ranks. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #541 on: January 07, 2013, 12:15 AM »

He's a professional sportsman competing on a global stage televised to millions. Of course people are going to comment on how he plays, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with noting when he's not playing that well, and it's quite frankly a little bit odd how many people get angry at others for daring to even mention if he hasn't been absolutely perfect.
He is a human being!  There is absolutely nothing wrong with people commenting that he is not playing well. There's a massive difference between acknowledging he's not playing well and ripping the piss and making stupid and useless remarks.  This is my point.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #542 on: January 07, 2013, 12:19 AM »

He is a human being!  There is absolutely nothing wrong with people commenting that he is not playing well. There's a massive difference between acknowledging he's not playing well and ripping the piss and making stupid and useless remarks.  This is my point.

Quite right Elly.    Has Boogers never heard of constructive criticism?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #543 on: January 07, 2013, 12:21 AM »

Yet Boogers has made a rod for his own back has he not? previous form suggests otherwise, something he even admitted to a page or 2 back, jumping to his defence this week is not why people are arguing, it's just another argument about the same topic that has been bought up countless times before.

The first week into the new season in a week where the guy we support won a title and look at this farce. page after page of name calling, finger pointing and mud slinging. Says more about us than it does about Andy to be honest, there is an obvious problem here that needs sorting out, i really doubt any of us want to spend minutes of our lives arguing over the intenet.
Totally agree.  In fact if I was new to MW I think I'd be off after reading this lot.  However, although I don't condone it, I've put up with it for three years now - and believe me some of the slagging matches on here used to be a lot worse and did at one point make me seriously consider leaving the forum.  The only reason I stayed, and I'm glad now that I did because things have changed for the better, was because I had made several new friends on here.

Anyway I'm taking myself out of this because, as always, there are those who simply cannot be argued with.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #544 on: January 07, 2013, 12:25 AM »

Quite right Elly.    Has Boogers never heard of constructive criticism?
Unless we are qualified tennis coaches, I doubt we can give him constructive criticism.  This is what pisses me off.  A bunch of wannabees who think Andy is there to please them as fans? 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #545 on: January 07, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Time for the thread to be closed, no?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #546 on: January 07, 2013, 12:27 AM »

Totally!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #547 on: January 07, 2013, 12:30 AM »

Amen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #548 on: January 07, 2013, 12:33 AM »

Unless we are qualified tennis coaches, I doubt we can give him constructive criticism.  This is what pisses me off.  A bunch of wannabees who think Andy is there to please them as fans?  
Have you ever visited footie forums Elly?  If not, I suggest that you do because that's where the worst armchair know-alls are.

Time for the thread to be closed, no?
Yes, but as usual it'll rumble on until something else takes its place.  Thankfully the AO is only a week away.

However I said I was going, so  bolt
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #549 on: January 07, 2013, 12:37 AM »

Have you ever visited footie forums Elly?  If not, I suggest that you do because that's where the worst armchair know-alls are.
Not a chance.  I doubt I'll be visiting here again.  I'd rather watch in peace and keep my own counsel than be led into the **** this forum throws up.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #550 on: January 07, 2013, 12:50 AM »

You may be right, Aileen. There are a bunch of people here who appear to be realists or pessimists  (Joe, Clydey, MadHatter, etc.) who have ways of coping.

What irritates me is that I don't think anyone has been pessimistic at all this week.

Who's Joe?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #551 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51 AM »

Boogers, I have defended you in the past, when you have insulted Andy through disappointment when he lost........or so I believed! However, you have made some dreadful, hurtful [if he should ever read them] remarks this week, when he has been 'winning'........winning every day! I find this intolerable and undeserved.......so, the next time you do this, I shall be hoping with all my heart, that your damn noodly appendage rots and drops off! Syc23......don't you dare apologise! 

I have officially just hurt myself laughing, brilliant post! I can go to bed happy now!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #552 on: January 07, 2013, 12:53 AM »

Who's Joe?
You'll know him when he next comes online, if he ever does.  He's one of the longer-term members of MW.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #553 on: January 07, 2013, 01:09 AM »

You'll know him when he next comes online, if he ever does.  He's one of the longer-term members of MW.

Thanks Aileen, he has the same name as me, so was confused lol.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #554 on: January 07, 2013, 01:22 AM »

Thanks Aileen, he has the same name as me, so was confused lol.
So you have!  But he actually calls himself Joe, so no danger of confusion, although whether it's his user-name or his real name, I don't know.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »