Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your match result prediction?
Andy in 2 - 13 (43.3%)
Andy in 3 - 15 (50%)
Dimitrov in 2 - 2 (6.7%)
Dimitrov in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 43 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov

(Read 13885 times)
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #555 on: January 07, 2013, 07:53 AM »

Murray's performances this week were punctuated by periods of sloppy play and lost concentration. Against better quality opposition (such as one might find at a slam), he might not get away with it.

Characterising this as suffering from "brain farts" seems to be a perfectly acceptable thing to do, especially if the nature of his friends problem hadn't at the time been revealed.

So, tireless defenders of Murray, why don't you save the faux-rage for when I do something properly contentious?

Couldn't agree more. People need to stop getting so wound up because someone has a different opinion to them.

Indeed.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #556 on: January 07, 2013, 09:05 AM »

Murray's performances this week were punctuated by periods of sloppy play and lost concentration. Against better quality opposition (such as one might find at a slam), he might not get away with it.

Characterising this as suffering from "brain farts" seems to be a perfectly acceptable thing to do, especially if the nature of his friends problem hadn't at the time been revealed.

So, tireless defenders of Murray, why don't you save the faux-rage for when I do something properly contentious?

Indeed.
Whistle naughty Weedman ranting haha slap Bagpipes hammer Boo hoo! yuk
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #557 on: January 07, 2013, 09:21 AM »

I'm not excusing Boogers, but hasn't it occurred to anyone that being negative could be his coping mechanism?  Perhaps some of the older members might recall the equally negative, and frequently rude, comments made by Clydey and Joe, both of whom seem to have disappeared, for a while anyway.  If you don't like people's comments, then why read them?  After all you soon get to know who the culprits are.

Oi! I'm in Australia, therefore not finding much time to comment! Back home at the weekend though. Saw a big chunk of the final at a reasonable afternoon hour. Thought Murray played well in passages and that Dimitrov wouldn't let him have it all his own way.

Anyway, I'm not as bad as the other two, am I? For me, negativity is a coping mechanism but there should be far less of it now that Andy has broken his Slam duck. lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #558 on: January 07, 2013, 09:24 AM »

It seems that the Brisbane final thread has turned into a boogers thread.  Perhaps that debate should be separated out into a separate thread so that unsuspecting visitors who want to read about the match don't have to read our bickering and probably never come back.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #559 on: January 07, 2013, 09:32 AM »

So you have!  But he actually calls himself Joe, so no danger of confusion, although whether it's his user-name or his real name, I don't know.

My real name is indeed Joe (or more properly, Joseph).

When I came across this part of the thread, I felt that my grave had been stepped upon. You lot clearly need me. wink
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #560 on: January 07, 2013, 10:00 AM »

Colin is playing now at the Auckland Open... hopefully the news about Ross doesn't affect him so much.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #561 on: January 07, 2013, 10:04 AM »

It seems that the Brisbane final thread has turned into a boogers thread.  Perhaps that debate should be separated out into a separate thread so that unsuspecting visitors who want to read about the match don't have to read our bickering and probably never come back.

My thoughts exactly ruthie!! Andy just won his first tournament of the year, we should be rejoicing, anyone new checking this out will think we are all crackpots. We r all meant to be on here because we are supporters of murray.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #562 on: January 07, 2013, 10:57 AM »

Indeed.

It's difficult to resist and I know I should just ignore your posts but just once more:  The first sentence I agree with.   The second is irrelevant as against better quality opposition he might not do it.    The third may be acceptable to you but to me is a smartass remark and it was pretty obvious at the presentation, indeed before it, that there was a problem of some kind although not what and whom.    I am a tireless defender of Andy and don't apologise for that but it's not faux-rage - it's not even rage - it's more like an inability to resist scratching an itch.

IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #563 on: January 07, 2013, 11:32 AM »

Fleming and Soares won Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #564 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35 AM »

Although Addidas are not very creative, Fleming wearing the same shirt as Andy wore in Brisbane!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #565 on: January 07, 2013, 11:37 AM »

Oi! I'm in Australia, therefore not finding much time to comment! Back home at the weekend though. Saw a big chunk of the final at a reasonable afternoon hour. Thought Murray played well in passages and that Dimitrov wouldn't let him have it all his own way.

Anyway, I'm not as bad as the other two, am I? For me, negativity is a coping mechanism but there should be far less of it now that Andy has broken his Slam duck. lol

Gotta support Joe here, in fact don't quite know why his name came up Think

Joe why can't you stay for AO. shocking Just call in sick Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #566 on: January 07, 2013, 11:45 AM »

Although Addidas are not very creative, Fleming wearing the same shirt as Andy wore in Brisbane!
They do that with football teams too, just change the colours and the badge.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #567 on: January 07, 2013, 11:49 AM »

Gotta support Joe here, in fact don't quite know why his name came up Think

Joe why can't you stay for AO. shocking Just call in sick Whistle

Changing the flight at such short notice might also be a bit expensive! wink
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #568 on: January 07, 2013, 11:55 AM »

Hey Joe,
Things have been going a bit surreal in the land of MW for a while.
Too bad you'll miss the AO.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #569 on: January 07, 2013, 01:28 PM »

I've said it on another thread, but having seen the match now (thank God for youtube!) I think it was a great match for Andy to get through ahead of the AO - I keep wanting to say USO, I'm clearly confused!

Andy's concentration was a bit up and down, but I'm sure he will work on that ahead of the AO. He did well to turn the first set around when Dimitrov came out flying, lifting his game when he needed to, as champions do. Andy served pretty well, as he had all week. The second serve could do with some work again, but I have confidence that Andy will do what needs to be done.

The point, it seems to me, is that Andy did what he needed to do when he needed to do it. I don't want him playing his best, to be quite honest, in 250s. I want him at his best in the slams, and he will be.

With Dimitrov I think his relative inexperience cost him, which is what you would expect at this point. I do think he is an exciting prospect though. I think he has top ten potential, not immediately, but at some point. I also take back, partly, what I said about his movement. He moved well against Andy. It will be interesting to see how Dimitrov goes this year and beyond.

The only thing I would say is that this match did show up the talent gap between the top four and the others. When Andy got a grip Dimitrov couldn't stop him, even playing as well as he obviously did. That's the sort of thing that could come in to play the next time they meet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 43 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »