Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your match result prediction?
Andy in 2 - 13 (43.3%)
Andy in 3 - 15 (50%)
Dimitrov in 2 - 2 (6.7%)
Dimitrov in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov

(Read 12162 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #630 on: January 13, 2013, 09:25 PM »

^ yes
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #631 on: January 13, 2013, 09:28 PM »

^ yes

Like a pro.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #632 on: January 14, 2013, 01:23 PM »

With you all the way - When was Dimitrov last mentioned ( or Andy, come to that) ? Time to draw a line. Thank God the action starts tomorrow and folks minds can move on.

I agree also!
I came to this forum 2 or 3 years ago from am.com where I'd been a similar time. I tend to post only when I have something to contribute to the subject.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #633 on: January 14, 2013, 02:40 PM »

Dimitrov lost yesterday and a straight set loss as well. Now Benneteau is a great player for a first round but still, somewhere it felt a bit wrong. I wonder if he's still recovering from the Brisbane final.

I watched the match again yesterday but not the full match; just the 2nd set and Andy’s come back was so strong after the 7 game that, Dimitrov never really recovered after that shock. I feel he's still reflecting back to all that. It was his first final too. So hopefully he'll regroup just in time to get things going for him once again. He has a lot to learn from this match.

Andy was sensational after the 7 the game of the 2nd set as well as in the 1st set TB. The turn around with a blink of an eye was amazing.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #634 on: January 14, 2013, 02:41 PM »

So how did this all start. Whistle

Apparently there was a big bang. Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #635 on: January 14, 2013, 03:09 PM »

Dimitrov lost yesterday and a straight set loss as well. Now Benneteau is a great player for a first round but still, somewhere it felt a bit wrong. I wonder if he's still recovering from the Brisbane final.

I watched the match again yesterday but not the full match; just the 2nd set and Andy’s come back was so strong after the 7 game that, Dimitrov never really recovered after that shock. I feel he's still reflecting back to all that. It was his first final too. So hopefully he'll regroup just in time to get things going for him once again. He has a lot to learn from this match.

Andy was sensational after the 7 the game of the 2nd set as well as in the 1st set TB. The turn around with a blink of an eye was amazing.

Well done EJ, getting back to the issue in hand. I like it.

I must admit I was surprised Dimitrov lost to Benneteau. I did a bit of a double take when I heard. I'd almost convinced myself he was going to get through that one somehow, although, to be fair, I didn't see it.

I'm sure Dimitrov is still pondering what might have been at Brisbane. Andy lifted his game superbly right when he needed to. Dimitrov seemed somewhat shell-shocked, not that I blame him. It was a quick turnaround, one that I hope gives Andy confidence for at least the early rounds of the AO, before things get tricky.

I do hope Dimitrov can keep moving forward though. Of all the newbies around I think he is my favourite.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #636 on: January 14, 2013, 09:33 PM »

I must admit I was surprised Dimitrov lost to Benneteau. I did a bit of a double take when I heard. I'd almost convinced myself he was going to get through that one somehow, although, to be fair, I didn't see it.

I'm sure Dimitrov is still pondering what might have been at Brisbane. Andy lifted his game superbly right when he needed to. Dimitrov seemed somewhat shell-shocked, not that I blame him. It was a quick turnaround, one that I hope gives Andy confidence for at least the early rounds of the AO, before things get tricky.

I do hope Dimitrov can keep moving forward though. Of all the newbies around I think he is my favourite.
I didn't see it either, but I really do think Dimitrov will do well in the future.  I thought he would do better here, but then Benneteau's an experienced player who's 10 years his senior, and Andy did say before his match with him that he and other young players would struggle in Slams until they had more experience and confidence, and Dimitrov has still to win an ATP title. 
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #637 on: January 14, 2013, 09:51 PM »

Oh touche, Emma!!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #638 on: January 14, 2013, 10:00 PM »

More like a little fart. Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #639 on: January 15, 2013, 02:18 AM »

Dimitrov is very likable I agree. Even though he is called Baby Fed, his personality is nothing like Federer. In fact, Dimitrov's idol was always Sampras but he does play more like Federer (I think it's very hard to adopt Sampras' style). I find it quite ironic how most of today's generation idolize either Sampras or Agassi. Very rarely they go for Federer or Nadal - or at least it's not as common. Could be also the fact that Nadal's game is very unique and they are still in the game. We'll see how it goes for them once they retire.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #640 on: January 15, 2013, 02:21 AM »

I didn't see it either, but I really do think Dimitrov will do well in the future.  I thought he would do better here, but then Benneteau's an experienced player who's 10 years his senior, and Andy did say before his match with him that he and other young players would struggle in Slams until they had more experience and confidence, and Dimitrov has still to win an ATP title. 

I sometimes find it so sad that Dimitrov can be so mental at times. He is so overwhelmed by the situation at times. I guess all this talk about how he's the next Federer doesn't really help his case in the end.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 F: Murray, OBE [1] vs. Dimitrov « Reply #641 on: January 15, 2013, 03:23 AM »

Maybe somebody should open a thread for Dimitrov??  No point in dragging this thread on any longer.  It's ancient history now.

Hang on, though - there's already a thread for him, which has all of two posts in it! - http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/tennis/grigor-dimitrov/
[ Last edit by Aileen January 15, 2013, 03:28 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »