Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray or Istomin
Murray in 2 - 10 (43.5%)
Murray in 3 - 12 (52.2%)
Istomin in 2 - 0 (0%)
Istomin in 3 - 1 (4.3%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin

(Read 6352 times)
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #285 on: January 04, 2013, 12:53 PM »

In Australia at the moment and don't have the problem of watching Andy at some ungodly hour in the morning.  Enjoying the commentary from the Australian Channel 7 practically Frauderer free (only been mentioned twice, British comms please take note!).  Today one of the commentators said that the only person who could return a serve which Andy had just returned was Roger to which his colleague commented that the only person who could produce a return like that was Murray, it was music to my ears. I have to say the support Andy has here is astounding, even against the Australian last night Andy's supporters were still numerous, why, oh why, can't the British public be like this???   Shrug 
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #286 on: January 04, 2013, 01:00 PM »

Because, Iris with the British (or English) Wimbledon public it's "anyone bar England".
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #287 on: January 04, 2013, 01:06 PM »

In Australia at the moment and don't have the problem of watching Andy at some ungodly hour in the morning.  Enjoying the commentary from the Australian Channel 7 practically Frauderer free (only been mentioned twice, British comms please take note!).  Today one of the commentators said that the only person who could return a serve which Andy had just returned was Roger to which his colleague commented that the only person who could produce a return like that was Murray, it was music to my ears. I have to say the support Andy has here is astounding, even against the Australian last night Andy's supporters were still numerous, why, oh why, can't the British public be like this???   Shrug 

I had Aussie comms on my video stream, one of whom was Todd Woodbridge and they were great.    They thought Fed could possibly volley as well as Andy but certainly no better.     Hope I get them again tomorrow - will make up for losing sleep if I don't have to listen to the drivel that comes from some of our comms.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #288 on: January 04, 2013, 01:10 PM »

uploading now, will be uploaded in around 2 hours.... I'm off to sleep (again) enjoy guys.

Thanks for this, I missed the whole thing and will most likely miss his match v Kei too.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #289 on: January 04, 2013, 01:15 PM »

In Australia at the moment and don't have the problem of watching Andy at some ungodly hour in the morning.  Enjoying the commentary from the Australian Channel 7 practically Frauderer free (only been mentioned twice, British comms please take note!).  Today one of the commentators said that the only person who could return a serve which Andy had just returned was Roger to which his colleague commented that the only person who could produce a return like that was Murray, it was music to my ears. I have to say the support Andy has here is astounding, even against the Australian last night Andy's supporters were still numerous, why, oh why, can't the British public be like this???   Shrug 

So pleased to hear this, his support in the States was great too and truthfully he has won over the majority of the British public and press too with the amazing 2012 he's had....there's always going to be some who can't see past Fed's fake drivel, unfortunately.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #290 on: January 04, 2013, 01:35 PM »

Comfortable win given that Andy has never played him before and Istomin is no pushover. Solid player in fact.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #291 on: January 04, 2013, 01:38 PM »

uploading now, will be uploaded in around 2 hours.... I'm off to sleep (again) enjoy guys.

Thank you for this, Prodigy. Can't afford to stay up for these matches as I am preparing for the big one. I should be able to catch the one tonight or so I hope.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #292 on: January 04, 2013, 03:13 PM »

Baghdatis is playing very well, such a strong player. I can see him in the final. He usualy takes a set off our Andy, but Andy has the messure of him now!
He's always been capable of mixing it with the top players but is inconsistent as hell. Should really be top 30, challenging top 20, and hopefully with a bit of consistency he will find himself back there this year.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #293 on: January 04, 2013, 03:55 PM »

Well done, Andy!

I suppose I should go to bed, seeing as it's almost 3:00am.

I saw 2 Andy singles matches in one wake.

Surely a World Record??  yay

Nite all.. and wishing you all a great day. wave

Here I am at work and did not sleep last night as I planned.  I laid in bed with the IPhone under the covers with the livescores on.  I would fall asleep for a couple of minutes then turn on the phone and see the scores.  Happy that Andy got it done in straight sets.  I look forward to seeing the match.  These Aussie matches really mess me up.  Anyone know when  his next match is?  Here's to getting through the day and driving home the hour and not falling asleep.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #294 on: January 04, 2013, 04:21 PM »

Lol! I have done that before its torture Frown its 4am british time so whats that for u 11pm?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #295 on: January 04, 2013, 04:28 PM »

Here I am at work and did not sleep last night as I planned.  I laid in bed with the IPhone under the covers with the livescores on.  I would fall asleep for a couple of minutes then turn on the phone and see the scores.  Happy that Andy got it done in straight sets.  I look forward to seeing the match.  These Aussie matches really mess me up.  Anyone know when  his next match is?  Here's to getting through the day and driving home the hour and not falling asleep.

Apollo if you have tennis channel they are showing Bribane at 2pm and 4pm. today.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #296 on: January 05, 2013, 02:56 AM »

:

I had Aussie comms on my video stream, one of whom was Todd Woodbridge and they were great.    They thought Fed could possibly volley as well as Andy but certainly no better.     Hope I get them again tomorrow - will make up for losing sleep if I don't have to listen to the drivel that comes from some of our comms.

It was Todd Woodbridge and another Aussie comm, your video stream appears to be from Channel 7 who are the broadcasters of the tennis over here so you you should have them again for the semi finals  cmonandy
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 QF: Murray, OBE (1) vs Istomin « Reply #297 on: January 05, 2013, 03:02 AM »

I had them on espn also thought they were very good-very complimentary towards andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »