Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Millman
Murray in 2 - 29 (76.3%)
Murray in 3 - 6 (15.8%)
Millman in 2 - 1 (2.6%)
Millman in 3 - 2 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q)

(Read 8704 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #105 on: January 02, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Quote from: lashurst link=topic=24358.msg82087 :nervous:0#msg820870 date=1357151456
The match is in the middle of my working day, CET 11:30, I can only take a peek at the Live Scores.  grr I'll set my box to record, but not sure if C More-Tennis will be showing this. Eurosport are showing Qatar Exxonmobil.
How am I going to concentrate at work, whilst worrying about Andy's progress?
I'm the same lashurst-i start back work tomorrow & match is on 10-30 am for me, so first day back is hard enough without my nerves being in tatters checking scores on my ATP app every few minutes. Guess I won't be getting an awful lot of work done after all Andy comes first  nervous
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #106 on: January 02, 2013, 06:49 PM »

Hi Linda, happy New Year to your good self and family.
By the the way, I would never have thought your good friend Darren Cahill was a communist!!! can't be many left .....Also the lovely Ana must have been busy working the weights to be able to carry Nole and use the racket at the same time..... catch you later. hug
Backatcha Robbie. Hope you had a good one with you and yours. hug
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #107 on: January 02, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Well, I'm sure we all agree that we want this Millman to continue to live in anonymity tomorrow...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/beating-andy-murray-would-propel-john-millman-from-anonymity-to-immortality/story-fndkzym4-1226546729298
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #108 on: January 02, 2013, 08:06 PM »

This Aussie is gonna get his butt whipped big-time.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #109 on: January 02, 2013, 08:34 PM »

I predict 6-3 6-1 for Murray.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #110 on: January 02, 2013, 09:07 PM »

I'm not sure if you are suggesting I was making excuses for him, but I can assure you I wasn't.  Even if it is an exho, and even if Djokovic was taken by surprise, Tomic won fair and square.  Providing an opinion as to why a higher ranked player was beaten is not the same as making excuses.

If Djokovic really did want to win, it's entirely his own fault that he didn't.   By the sound of things, Tomic was playing well, so good for him if he's getting his act together, but reports also suggest Djokovic wasn't playing his best tennis.  IMO, it's more likely he wasn't super-motivated and didn't want to expend too much energy than it being down to an injury.  It is a reminder that even the very best players can lose to those ranked way below them and that we probably shouldn't read too much into it when it happens to them and/or Andy.  Especially at an exho!

No, I was talking to those, suggesting Novak was injured. Even top players don't play at their peak level all the time, which isn't always unrelated to the opponent either.
[ Last edit by silver lining January 02, 2013, 09:17 PM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #111 on: January 02, 2013, 10:56 PM »

I will be capping this and will upload it to Youtube as soon as I can
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #112 on: January 03, 2013, 12:10 AM »

That would be wrong.

Thank you hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #113 on: January 03, 2013, 12:11 AM »

Well, I'm sure we all agree that we want this Millman to continue to live in anonymity tomorrow...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/beating-andy-murray-would-propel-john-millman-from-anonymity-to-immortality/story-fndkzym4-1226546729298

Immortality?  Really?  Aussies Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #114 on: January 03, 2013, 02:17 AM »

Millman FastFacts:
2012 Highlights:
YTD W-L: 0-1
YTD Titles: 0
Career Titles: 0
Date of Birth: June 14, 1989
Emirates ATP Ranking: 228 (year-end), 199 (this week)

• Millman, 23, won his first ever ATP World Tour match (1-3) on Tuesday with a 64 61 win over World No. 79 Tatsuma Ito. He capitalized on four of his seven break points to set a second-round clash with the top seed and defending champion
• Playing in Brisbane for the fourth consecutive year and second straight year as a qualifier (1-3 record). Did not drop a set in three qualifying matches (d. Saville, Bogomolov Jr., Young)
• Last season played mainly on the Challenger Tour and Futures. Compiled 16-14 record in Challengers, highlighted by final in Busan (l. to Ito) and SF at Toyota. In Futures, went 20-8 and 1-1 in finals
• Has career mark of 34-32 in Challengers (28-5 on hard, 5-3 on carpet and 1-4 on clay, one title) and 107-52 in Futures circuit (60-23 on hard, 41-28 on clay and 6-1 on grass, five titles
• Reached career-high ranking of No. 179 in October 11, 2010

Murray FastFacts:
2012 Highlights:
W(3): Brisbane (d Dolgopolov); London Olympics (d Federer); US Open (d Djokovic); F(4): Dubai (l Federer); ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami (l Djokovic); Wimbledon (l Federer); ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai (l Djokovic); SF(3): Australian Open (l Djokovic); Tokyo (l Raonic); Barclays ATP World Tour Finals (l Federer); QF(3): ATP Masters 1000 Monte Carlo (l Berdych); Barcelona (l Raonic); Roland Garros (l Ferrer)
YTD W-L: 56-16
YTD Titles: 3
Career Titles: 24
Date of Birth: May 15, 1987
Emirates ATP Ranking: 3

• Murray, 25, returns to Brisbane as the defending champion (d. Dolgopolov). Has career record of 6-1 (5-0 in Brisbane, 1-1 in Adelaide)
• The British No.1 finished a year-end best No. 3, his fifth straight Top 4 ranking, highlighted by Olympic gold medal and first Grand Slam crown
• Won three titles- Brisbane, London Olympics and US Open and reached 4 other finals, including his 1st at Wimbledon. Overall made 10 SF, closing season with SF at Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London (I. to Federer)
• Compiled a 56-16 match record, fourth time with at least 55 wins. Had 12 match wins after losing opening set (most on ATP World Tour along w/Djokovic, Federer) and a 14-4 match record on British soil, highlighted by gold medal performance at London Olympics where he beat No.2 Djokovic in SF and No.1 Federer in final, winning all five sets and never losing serve (saved 13 break pts., nine vs. Federer). First British man to win singles gold medal since 1908. Earned silver medal in mixed doubles (w/Robson), losing to Azarenka-Mirnyi
• In seventh Wimbledon appearance, became first British man to reach final at All England Club since Bunny Austin in 1938, falling to Federer in four sets
• Earned first Grand Slam crown at US Open in fifth Slam final, defeating Djokovic in five sets. Became first British Grand Slam tournament champion since Fred Perry in '36 US Chps. And fourth different Slam winner during season (first time since '03)
• After US Open, three losses came after holding MP- Tokyo SF (I. Raonic, held 2 MPs), Shanghai final (l. to Djokovic, held 5 MPs) and Paris 3R (I. to Janowicz, 1MP)
• Opened year with title in Brisbane (d. Dolgopolov) and SF at Australian Open (l. to Djokovic in 5 sets).ln March was runner-up in Dubai (l. to Federer) and on April, reached final in Miami (I. to Djokovic)
• Going into '13 season, has advanced to SF or better in seven of last eight Slam tournaments (exception QF at Roland Garros, I. to Ferrer). Went 22-3 in Grand Slams (only behind Djokovic's 24 wins)
• Compiled records of 35-10 on hard, 12-2 on grass and 9-4 on clay (18-9 in TBs). Went 12-9 vs. Top 10 opponents (3-4 vs. Djokovic, 2-3 vs. Federer)
• Finished with personal-best in 1st serve pet. (60%), break pts. saved (67%) and tied 2nd serve pts. won (54%). Earned a career high $5,708,230

From the ATP Tour site Very Happy
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #115 on: January 03, 2013, 02:19 AM »

Millman FastFacts:
2012 Highlights:
YTD W-L: 0-1
YTD Titles: 0
Career Titles: 0
Date of Birth: June 14, 1989
Emirates ATP Ranking: 228 (year-end), 199 (this week)

• Millman, 23, won his first ever ATP World Tour match (1-3) on Tuesday with a 64 61 win over World No. 79 Tatsuma Ito. He capitalized on four of his seven break points to set a second-round clash with the top seed and defending champion
• Playing in Brisbane for the fourth consecutive year and second straight year as a qualifier (1-3 record). Did not drop a set in three qualifying matches (d. Saville, Bogomolov Jr., Young)
• Last season played mainly on the Challenger Tour and Futures. Compiled 16-14 record in Challengers, highlighted by final in Busan (l. to Ito) and SF at Toyota. In Futures, went 20-8 and 1-1 in finals
• Has career mark of 34-32 in Challengers (28-5 on hard, 5-3 on carpet and 1-4 on clay, one title) and 107-52 in Futures circuit (60-23 on hard, 41-28 on clay and 6-1 on grass, five titles
• Reached career-high ranking of No. 179 in October 11, 2010

Murray FastFacts:
2012 Highlights:
W(3): Brisbane (d Dolgopolov); London Olympics (d Federer); US Open (d Djokovic); F(4): Dubai (l Federer); ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Miami (l Djokovic); Wimbledon (l Federer); ATP World Tour Masters 1000 Shanghai (l Djokovic); SF(3): Australian Open (l Djokovic); Tokyo (l Raonic); Barclays ATP World Tour Finals (l Federer); QF(3): ATP Masters 1000 Monte Carlo (l Berdych); Barcelona (l Raonic); Roland Garros (l Ferrer)
YTD W-L: 56-16
YTD Titles: 3
Career Titles: 24
Date of Birth: May 15, 1987
Emirates ATP Ranking: 3

• Murray, 25, returns to Brisbane as the defending champion (d. Dolgopolov). Has career record of 6-1 (5-0 in Brisbane, 1-1 in Adelaide)
• The British No.1 finished a year-end best No. 3, his fifth straight Top 4 ranking, highlighted by Olympic gold medal and first Grand Slam crown
• Won three titles- Brisbane, London Olympics and US Open and reached 4 other finals, including his 1st at Wimbledon. Overall made 10 SF, closing season with SF at Barclays ATP World Tour Finals in London (I. to Federer)
• Compiled a 56-16 match record, fourth time with at least 55 wins. Had 12 match wins after losing opening set (most on ATP World Tour along w/Djokovic, Federer) and a 14-4 match record on British soil, highlighted by gold medal performance at London Olympics where he beat No.2 Djokovic in SF and No.1 Federer in final, winning all five sets and never losing serve (saved 13 break pts., nine vs. Federer). First British man to win singles gold medal since 1908. Earned silver medal in mixed doubles (w/Robson), losing to Azarenka-Mirnyi
• In seventh Wimbledon appearance, became first British man to reach final at All England Club since Bunny Austin in 1938, falling to Federer in four sets
• Earned first Grand Slam crown at US Open in fifth Slam final, defeating Djokovic in five sets. Became first British Grand Slam tournament champion since Fred Perry in '36 US Chps. And fourth different Slam winner during season (first time since '03)
• After US Open, three losses came after holding MP- Tokyo SF (I. Raonic, held 2 MPs), Shanghai final (l. to Djokovic, held 5 MPs) and Paris 3R (I. to Janowicz, 1MP)
• Opened year with title in Brisbane (d. Dolgopolov) and SF at Australian Open (l. to Djokovic in 5 sets).ln March was runner-up in Dubai (l. to Federer) and on April, reached final in Miami (I. to Djokovic)
• Going into '13 season, has advanced to SF or better in seven of last eight Slam tournaments (exception QF at Roland Garros, I. to Ferrer). Went 22-3 in Grand Slams (only behind Djokovic's 24 wins)
• Compiled records of 35-10 on hard, 12-2 on grass and 9-4 on clay (18-9 in TBs). Went 12-9 vs. Top 10 opponents (3-4 vs. Djokovic, 2-3 vs. Federer)
• Finished with personal-best in 1st serve pet. (60%), break pts. saved (67%) and tied 2nd serve pts. won (54%). Earned a career high $5,708,230

From the ATP Tour site Very Happy

Very pleased about the 22-3 stat on Slam wins. Puts great faith in me about this season. Thanks Bev!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #116 on: January 03, 2013, 02:46 AM »

Williams vs Sloane Stephens should be good beforehand. The future vs the present
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #117 on: January 03, 2013, 05:23 AM »

Good luck Andy don't look past this qualifier hell come out swinging. Hope to wake up to good news.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #118 on: January 03, 2013, 06:00 AM »

Thats Raonic just been defeated! Unfortunately so have jamie & colin.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #119 on: January 03, 2013, 06:55 AM »

Thats Raonic just been defeated! Unfortunately so have jamie & colin.
Pity about Dubs- Jamie and Colin, but I saw that Jonathan Marray and Dustin Brown (DE) are through to the semi final in Doha. Good luck to 'em!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »