Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Millman
Murray in 2 - 29 (76.3%)
Murray in 3 - 6 (15.8%)
Millman in 2 - 1 (2.6%)
Millman in 3 - 2 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q)

(Read 11196 times)
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #90 on: January 02, 2013, 02:53 PM »

I didn't expect Novak to lose but, he's not infallible - after all he loses to Andy quite a lot!!!!! I am trying to follow Heather Watson and Laura Robson as our own women's tennis is brighter for their skills already but I too hate the screeching.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #91 on: January 02, 2013, 03:53 PM »

Love to see the Dimitrov-Raonic match. Dimitrov could win that.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #92 on: January 02, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Bev, you never let us down. We need a good start to 2013!
Let's hope Millman does himself proud for Australian tennis, but not in this opener!! nah
Heaven knows they need some good young players coming through! Tomic is not very stable, although he is talented.

I see Jamie M and Colin F. won their match against Goffin and Muller. Well done lads.

Off to work for me now! yawn See ye'all later 
Australia have some of the brightest teenagers in the world coming through, I wouldn't worry about them. Tomic, Duckworth, Mitchell, Kubler, Saville, Kyrgios and Kokkinakis all have big potential, and are leading players for their generation.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #93 on: January 02, 2013, 04:28 PM »

Wow, didnt expect Nole to lose...

Don't forget, Djokovic sustained a slight injury. Consequently he probably took the match very easily to protect himself with the up-and-coming AO.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #94 on: January 02, 2013, 04:42 PM »

I don't think he was injured.  He managed to play a doubles match not long after the incident with no apparent problems.  I think it's more likely that he just wasn't that focused, taking it easy because he thought he could, and wasn't expecting Tomic to play so well.

It's the kind of performance that will get the Australian media hyped, and provide encouragement for Millman.  Let's hope Andy remembers this is a real match! Whistle
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #95 on: January 02, 2013, 04:59 PM »

Excuses, excuses... He lost because Tomic was the better player today. Djokovic is not invincible and just like Andy he can lose matches, not only because he was injured or tired or just couldn't be arsed. This is just an exho though, so not like it really matters.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #96 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18 PM »

Just goes to say that no one is invincible. Nole has off days as well we just have to hope he has off days at the AO as well.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #97 on: January 02, 2013, 05:41 PM »

Excuses, excuses... He lost because Tomic was the better player today. Djokovic is not invincible and just like Andy he can lose matches, not only because he was injured or tired or just couldn't be arsed. This is just an exho though, so not like it really matters.
I'm not sure if you are suggesting I was making excuses for him, but I can assure you I wasn't.  Even if it is an exho, and even if Djokovic was taken by surprise, Tomic won fair and square.  Providing an opinion as to why a higher ranked player was beaten is not the same as making excuses.

If Djokovic really did want to win, it's entirely his own fault that he didn't.   By the sound of things, Tomic was playing well, so good for him if he's getting his act together, but reports also suggest Djokovic wasn't playing his best tennis.  IMO, it's more likely he wasn't super-motivated and didn't want to expend too much energy than it being down to an injury.  It is a reminder that even the very best players can lose to those ranked way below them and that we probably shouldn't read too much into it when it happens to them and/or Andy.  Especially at an exho!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #98 on: January 02, 2013, 05:43 PM »

"I knew I was coming to Australia really late," said Djokovic. "It takes time for me to get used to it." http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/20889416

Andy is lucky to have had a few days to get used to conditions and time zone. Not long to wait now....
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #99 on: January 02, 2013, 05:48 PM »

Nole isn't injured.
I watched both his matches today, and he was definitely below par. But on the other hand, Tomic was a revelation. Darren Cahill was my commie, and he spoke of Bernard working extremely hard in the off-season and taking everything that's happened onboard. It was great to see him enjoy himself on the court. Some of his shots are jaw-dropping, and he played extremely well today.
Although Nole and Ivanovic won the doubles, he credited Ana for carrying him.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #100 on: January 02, 2013, 06:03 PM »

Andy is playing last on Thursday, following Serena, and her match starts at 7 p.m. East Aussie time which is 10 hours in front of GMT. Bet365 gives the time they are showing the match as 10.30 a.m. so I will be watching it on the laptop unless Eurosport decide to show it - they only show the womens at the moment.
Thanks for the info, Jan.  goodjob
My Sports Channel is only showing the Hopman Cup (which I'm enjoying very much) but not Brisbane

5:30am stream for me tomorrow, then.. yawn
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #101 on: January 02, 2013, 06:30 PM »

The match is in the middle of my working day, CET 11:30, I can only take a peek at the Live Scores.  grr I'll set my box to record, but not sure if C More-Tennis will be showing this. Eurosport are showing Qatar Exxonmobil.
How am I going to concentrate at work, whilst worrying about Andy's progress?
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #102 on: January 02, 2013, 06:33 PM »

Damn the aussie timezones hopefully he makes it through the rounds to play on Saturday morning where i will actually be able to see him!

Im getting excited about andy this season...seriusly think he'll be boss!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #103 on: January 02, 2013, 06:37 PM »

Hi All,

Thank God for MW! I came on to find out when Andy is likely to be playing tomorrow and hey presto, there we have it!

ESPN is covering Brisbane, but not live, so the match won't be on until the early hours of friday. Does that make sense? Seems stupid to me. I didn't get ESPN in the end, felt too unwell all over Christmas to bother picking the phone up, so I'll need to find a livestream.

tj I don't think espn is showing this match at all as it's live tennis they're showing from Brisbane in early hours of Friday.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #104 on: January 02, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Nole isn't injured.
I watched both his matches today, and he was definitely below par. But on the other hand, Tomic was a revelation. Darren Cahill was my commie, and he spoke of Bernard working extremely hard in the off-season and taking everything that's happened onboard. It was great to see him enjoy himself on the court. Some of his shots are jaw-dropping, and he played extremely well today.
Although Nole and Ivanovic won the doubles, he credited Ana for carrying him.
Hi Linda, happy New Year to your good self and family.
By the the way, I would never have thought your good friend Darren Cahill was a communist!!! can't be many left .....Also the lovely Ana must have been busy working the weights to be able to carry Nole and use the racket at the same time..... catch you later. hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »