Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Somdev Devvarman, Thursday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Millman
Murray in 2 - 29 (76.3%)
Murray in 3 - 6 (15.8%)
Millman in 2 - 1 (2.6%)
Millman in 3 - 2 (5.3%)
Total Voters: 38

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q)

(Read 9811 times)
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #450 on: January 03, 2013, 01:06 PM »

Noticed two things today:

a) Andy's forehand is looking atrocious
b) Andy always finds a way to win once I've become disheartened and turned my stream/TV off. ( happened today after I stopped watching at 1 set all and 1-1 in final set and in the US open when I stopped watching after the 4th set. Both times was because it got too much for my nerves....but as a strategy I will bear this in mind!)
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #451 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07 PM »

I think the wobble might have been my fault.

I was just about to click on the link for a stream at the start of the match when my brother arrived. Given that he is supporting his wife through a bereavement at the moment, her sister died from cancer on New Year's Eve, I knew I should make time to speak to my brother really, so I didn't start watching until just before halfway through the second set, just as Andy started to wobble a bit. Like I said, my fault!

I didn't know much about Millman before, and certainly hadn't seen him play. He's....Confident. It'll be interesting to see how he goes on through the year. He's got a pretty good game.

I think Andy did all right, all things considered. First match of the year, against a qualifier. He looked to be struggling a bit physically at times, but that will sort itself out, it always does. Sure, he had a second set blip, but he didn't lose his cool too much and regained his focus in the third. By the end he was playing some good stuff again.

Andy will be fine. I'm looking forward to his next round, assuming it's on at a time when I can watch. Meanwhile, so far so good yay yay yay.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #452 on: January 03, 2013, 01:07 PM »

What was he given gel for?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #453 on: January 03, 2013, 01:11 PM »

Wasn't Andy gripping his stomach a few times?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #454 on: January 03, 2013, 01:19 PM »

Tbh I think Andy was being a bit of a hyper condriact. We all know he usually has niggling injuries but he over exagerrates them when things don't go his way.,
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #455 on: January 03, 2013, 01:19 PM »

Had a hard time finding info about this match beforehand, only on MW. (talking of time & channel etc).  Thank you Tonedial for the very handy link to watch.  Was it on TV anywhere?  ESPN 3 anyone?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #456 on: January 03, 2013, 01:21 PM »

Yep, Andy not on before 6:30am UK time. Will miss first 30 minutes of it and wake up at 7am because 6:30 is a no no on a holiday XD.
thanks muzzafan will set to record it, if espn is covering at that time.
Well perhaps that was just a reminder that we can't   think because Andy is a grand slam champion we can all relax for a moment - as if anyone would.   w00t
adb espn starts coverage in early hours of tomorrow morning; nothing on UK tv today
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #457 on: January 03, 2013, 01:21 PM »

Had a hard time finding info about this match beforehand, only on MW. (talking of time & channel etc).  Thank you Tonedial for the very handy link to watch.  Was it on TV anywhere?  ESPN 3 anyone?

It wasn't officially on TV nope. World feed coverage of Brisbane ATP doesn't start until tomorrow which I find stupid considering the WTA has been televised all week.
IP Logged
Milly87
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #458 on: January 03, 2013, 01:22 PM »

Tbh I think Andy was being a bit of a hyper condriact. We all know he usually has niggling injuries but he over exagerrates them when things don't go his way.,

So you think there is some truth to the comments by Wade, McEnroe and the like??
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #459 on: January 03, 2013, 01:24 PM »

Missed the match (cuz of school)....wished I'd watched it, not because I wanted to see Andy's comeback but to see what kind of a player Millman is...
So Andy to face Denis Istomin next...Hmm.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #460 on: January 03, 2013, 01:25 PM »

oh no we're not starting this hare running again are we?  I think Andy just has a tendency to clutch body parts when he's not comfortable or has niggles.  It doesn't make him a hypochondriac.  He always makes light of injuries/ailments in interviews - that is not the mark of a hypochondriac.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #461 on: January 03, 2013, 01:25 PM »

What was he given gel for?

It just looked like one of those energy things to me.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #462 on: January 03, 2013, 01:26 PM »

It just looked like one of those energy things to me.

Was he supposed to drink the gel?? confused
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #463 on: January 03, 2013, 01:29 PM »

Was he supposed to drink the gel?? confused

I've seen him use them before. I can't remember what they are made up of (someone will know), but yes, you do ingest them.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Brisbane International 2013 R2: Murray (1) vs Millman (Q) « Reply #464 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31 PM »

I've seen him use them before. I can't remember what they are made up of (someone will know), but yes, you do ingest them.

Ohh, thanks.. didn't watch the match so dunno what the gel was for, thought it was for applying in his legs or something...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »