Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis

(Read 3890 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #210 on: January 06, 2012, 06:33 AM »

Just read all your comments, thanks everyone  pray
Trust Andy to have a stress free match while I was a-sleeping....but I forgive him thumb up
 Yoda was watching for me anyway.....Wink
Ah, lurking, you were saying?.......
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #211 on: January 06, 2012, 06:41 AM »

Was he as impressive as the scoreline suggests?

Hopefully his match against Tomic is on at a better time than 2am.

Ye of little faith!

Made his intentions known from the very 1st return of serve, which, incidentally, was the very 1st ball Andy hit.

Re the schedule - don't think it's out yet, but once you've done a few 2 am starts, you get used to them lol
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #212 on: January 06, 2012, 07:06 AM »

Was he as impressive as the scoreline suggests?

Hopefully his match against Tomic is on at a better time than 2am.

Highlights here

http://www.youtube.com/brisbanetennis#p/u/1/WbG8CWjQKm0
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #213 on: January 06, 2012, 08:42 AM »

Ye of little faith!

Made his intentions known from the very 1st return of serve, which, incidentally, was the very 1st ball Andy hit.

Re the schedule - don't think it's out yet, but once you've done a few 2 am starts, you get used to them lol
Agree. He played superbly. It seemed his didnt want to hang around. I think just 1x DF and few UFErr. However, his serve is the same....needs some work on it to save him some valuable points and energy. 
It must be said though that Marcos played badly..so Andy was not facing him on a good day. Massive no. UFErr from sweet Marcos.

RE 2.00 am matches- Thanks for the encouragement Bev, its very reassuring, I'm sure  w00t
You are the expert for all nocturnal Murray fans. hug
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #214 on: January 06, 2012, 08:43 AM »

Morning all, Over slept and great to read on here that Andy was on the ball!! Must have been playing great to be 6-2 6-2. So happy over the moon.   Got to go to the dentist soon but will read all the posts about the match later today.  yay  cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #215 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Where's the match report? No-one from the News Team up with us fanatics at that time of night? shame on you! w00t lol
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #216 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51 AM »

Thanks Bev for the highlights. Andy played well :-)
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #217 on: January 06, 2012, 08:59 AM »

Schedule is out for Saturday. Starting at 12.00 with Dubs, followed by, not before 1pm: Dolgopolov vs Simon. Followed by Andy versus Tomic.

Could it be around 4pm most likely later, local time. Thats 7am my time and 6 am UK time.
IP Logged
ronpon

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #218 on: January 06, 2012, 09:13 AM »

Schedule is out for Saturday. Starting at 12.00 with Dubs, followed by, not before 1pm: Dolgopolov vs Simon. Followed by Andy versus Tomic.

Could it be around 4pm most likely later, local time. Thats 7am my time and 6 am UK time.

Think it might be an hour or two earlier, about 4-5 a.m (!) UK time. Can't see the Simon/Dolgopolov match lasting longer than 2 hours but hey ho you never know.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #219 on: January 06, 2012, 09:27 AM »

Was I wrong! Thank goodness for my error. However, in my defence, I stated that Andy had to come out with all guns blazing to beat Baggy, and that's precisely his action.

Well done, our man! Now don't let up aganst Tomic.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #220 on: January 06, 2012, 09:57 AM »

wohooooooooooooo Well done Andy... so glad that i have woken up to this good news Very Happy  onwards and upwards for our Andy Smile
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #221 on: January 06, 2012, 10:16 AM »

A game against Tomic looks interesting and it can be followed on early morning Saturday even is only by looking at the scores.  Is this an Andy go out and try to dominate the match to avoid the crowd lifting Tomic with a lot of support for any successes? 

I hope that Andy plans something like this rather than to play for enjoyment as he sometimes does. If I were his coach I would want him to be much harder on the lesser players.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #222 on: January 06, 2012, 10:23 AM »

just watched the highlights Smile  Andy played brilliantly Smile
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #223 on: January 06, 2012, 10:32 AM »

here is what Andy had to say about the match Smile
http://www.youtube.com/user/brisbanetennis?feature=chclk#p/u/1/u0haxuwX0g0
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane QF: Murray vs Baghdatis « Reply #224 on: January 06, 2012, 12:09 PM »

Thanks for the link Johnkiernan!
Noted Andy says Tomic is unorthodoxed and has a good tennis IQ. Seemed he has studied his style and will be preparing tactically for tomorrow.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »