Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin

(Read 3005 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #225 on: January 03, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Closes it out 6-2 in the third! cmon yeah

I'll be interested in what he says about the knee, he seems to carry a lot of niggles wherever he goes.

Well they all do, don't they? Except Fed. Game is extraordinarily tough on the body.
BTW just waiting for ak400 to turn up and say how well Andy played in 2 and 3 but not holding my breath.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #226 on: January 03, 2012, 11:21 AM »

and thats that Very Happy  wow that was some roller coaster..don't think I will be doing that again.but maybe I will. so exciting (adrenalin junkie)
Oh you will, you will - you'll get used to the constant Murray roller-coasters!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #227 on: January 03, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Second round match tomorrow vs Muller at about 10:30am (UK time).

I'd imagine it's pretty humid in Brisbane at this time of year, so at least he's playing in the cooler evening. A day match might be good to help acclimatise to Oz conditions though. Think
Hey thanks Joe!
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #228 on: January 03, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Excellent match for Andy against a gifted player.  This wasn't passive Andy it's just that Kukushkin played very well.  Great work out, some lovely rallies too.  Hopefully all the twinges during the game, both knees, hip, back, there seemed to be alot, will all be worked out of his system now. Great game! Great opponent!
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #229 on: January 03, 2012, 11:24 AM »

Murray played a solid match in the end looked decent in the 3rd set was going to be a tough task for Kukushkin to maintain the level he showed in the 1st set.

congrats to Murray and his fans
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #230 on: January 03, 2012, 11:27 AM »

Excellent match for Andy against a gifted player.  This wasn't passive Andy it's just that Kukushkin played very well.  Great work out, some lovely rallies too.  Hopefully all the twinges during the game, both knees, hip, back, there seemed to be alot, will all be worked out of his system now. Great game! Great opponent!
Andy nearly always has niggles - get used to it! Very Happy

Kukushkin has been as high as No.46.  There's no doubt he's a pretty good player who could possibly make the top 30.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #231 on: January 03, 2012, 11:31 AM »

Well done Andy. Tough but you got there in the end. Kukushkin played a blinder in the 1st set but luckily Andy found a way through.

Night all wave
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #232 on: January 03, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Well done Andy! I never doubted you......Not for a nanosecond! I'm looking forward to the day when you can do the same!  hug
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #233 on: January 03, 2012, 11:34 AM »

Well done Andy. Tough but you got there in the end. Kukushkin played a blinder in the 1st set but luckily Andy found a way through.

Night all wave

night see you later  hug thank you for sharing the Murray coaster with me Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #234 on: January 03, 2012, 11:35 AM »

Night Bev! Sweet dreams!
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #235 on: January 03, 2012, 11:41 AM »

Andy nearly always has niggles - get used to it! Very Happy

Kukushkin has been as high as No.46.  There's no doubt he's a pretty good player who could possibly make the top 30.

Don't worry I'm used to it, it's just Ivan I am worried about.  To be fair, first competitive match of the season, is likely to over work stiff muscles and joints.  Kukushkin was a nice guy wasn't he?
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #236 on: January 03, 2012, 11:49 AM »

Promising start. Andy held his nerve and remained patient, finding a way to win. Played some really great shots too.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #237 on: January 03, 2012, 11:51 AM »

Missed the first set as we were doing roof damage inspection.  Watched the next two sets while on the phone to the insurance company (still waiting for a reply).  From what I saw, I thought Andy was a lot more aggresive in these two sets than I have seen him play previously.  I also remember a comm once saying that players in the lower ranks always come out playing to their best against the top players but can't sustain the level so when I saw Andy was a set down I wasn't worried too much.  He will be a bit rusty as it is just the beginning of the season so time will tell.  Thanks for the info Joe on the start time for the match tomorrow which I will be glued to, Scottish weather permitting of course.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #238 on: January 03, 2012, 11:54 AM »

Iris am down in South West and rain is so fierce cannot see houses opposite and winds have brought down my fence! Goodness knows what it's like in your neck of the woods!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #239 on: January 03, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Murray played a solid match in the end looked decent in the 3rd set was going to be a tough task for Kukushkin to maintain the level he showed in the 1st set.

congrats to Murray and his fans
Thanks AK400. I am a AM Fan but I enjoy your comments on this website, apart maybe from yesterday's photo which touched a nerve with one or two contributers.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »