Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin

(Read 3509 times)
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #240 on: January 03, 2012, 12:31 PM »

Watched it on Liver score hunter, thank god somewhere covered the match!

Kukushkin played very well and aggressive, but Murray won through in the end, am pleased

cant wait for the next match i REALLY have missed watching tennis
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #241 on: January 03, 2012, 12:36 PM »

Shouldn't that be 10:30 this evening bst?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #242 on: January 03, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Shouldn't that be 10:30 this evening bst?

Nope, definitely 10:30am (GMT) Smile

Unless the match on at 9:00am GMT drags on or is over in a flash.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #243 on: January 03, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Iris am down in South West and rain is so fierce cannot see houses opposite and winds have brought down my fence! Goodness knows what it's like in your neck of the woods!
Lost part of the roof and now the rain is chucking it down.  Finally got through to insurance company who have told us someone will contact us within 48 hours, meanwhile put a polythene sheet over the roof............yeah right, in this weather!!!!  On MW to keep my sanity!!
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #244 on: January 03, 2012, 12:47 PM »

Thanks Joe thought he had a morning match next.
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #245 on: January 03, 2012, 02:05 PM »

missed it due to the storm. Was too preoccupied with the windows threatening to blow in, in my top floor flat, and the debris falling off the roof. Followed it via Neil Harman's tweets, couldn't have coped with Andy trauma + the storm too!  Haven't ventured out yet to even see what the damage is. Too depressing.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #246 on: January 03, 2012, 02:22 PM »

Sorry to see and hear that the awful weather has caused many of you problems including the fires in Melbourne where some of my close family live.  Thank you though for the link to the sport ha ha website.  Really good picture and enjoyed the match as tense as it was in the first set; particularly as I had no inane comments from has beens! Take care out there Murraysworld!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #247 on: January 03, 2012, 04:42 PM »

Hope everyone safe and sound with the nasty weather some of you are experiencing... sorry to  hear that.  Right now where I live it's -17 deg. C with windchill of -27 deg. 
Got up at 04:00am to watch, and as if that wasn 't enough of a shock to my system I had to watch Andy go down to 1-5 in 1st set! Too bad he couldn't clinch it after fighting back... but all's well that ends well. 
If the match tomorrow is 10:30am UK time, that means I can have a lie-in until 05:30am my time...!
Just watched his press conference... he isn't concerned about niggles.
http://www.brisbaneinternational.com.au/2012/01/difficult-night-for-murray
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #248 on: January 03, 2012, 04:46 PM »

Yes we have had very strong gusts of wind too. Forth Road Bridge closed. lots of damage and many trees blown down blocking roads. The council workers have been out cutting them and removing them from the roads. Some gusts over 100mph. Calmer now but mor wind expected tonight. (I live in Fife.)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #249 on: January 03, 2012, 06:32 PM »

Can't believe it took him 3 sets to put Kuku away. I slept through the match because of the time difference. I am sort of saving myself for the AO. Last time I was literally a walking talking zombie as I had to stay up most nights so that I could follow all of Andy's matches. The final was especially brutal. Not even a wink before the match. Afterwards, Andy went into a mental slump and so did I. <sigh>

This time, I am kind of half ready for the AO. The less I think about it, the better I feel. Lol.

IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International R1: Murray vs Kukushkin « Reply #250 on: January 03, 2012, 08:15 PM »

Can't believe it took him 3 sets to put Kuku away. I slept through the match because of the time difference. I am sort of saving myself for the AO. Last time I was literally a walking talking zombie as I had to stay up most nights so that I could follow all of Andy's matches. The final was especially brutal. Not even a wink before the match. Afterwards, Andy went into a mental slump and so did I. <sigh>

This time, I am kind of half ready for the AO. The less I think about it, the better I feel. Lol.

As I've said many times - no predictions! Let's all of us stay cool and expect the best.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »